NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31759235. #31784635 is also a reply to the same post.

Incinerax wrote: For some reason none of my plugin mods are working but the rest of my mods work. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Soulbringer1 wrote: Yeah, every time you turn on NMM you have to make sure that your Plugins are checked. for some reason they keep getting un ticked.

That's the thing I do that and my plugins are always checked but nothing happens

In response to post #31733555. #31741645, #31743210 are all replies on the same post.

Grumpyhouse wrote: Worked for a momment, but now I'm stuck in a never-ending launcher loop. I hit Launch in NMM, it opens the FO4 launcher, I hit play & get the FO4 launcher over & over.
cmd062 wrote: I have the same problem

iRub1Out wrote: go to your game folder (exe folder) and rename fallout4.exe to fallout4launcher.exe - rename the launcher anything you want - and launch fallout.

Worked perfectly.

A couple of years ago, I followed similar advice I found online to rename my Skyrim game executable, TESV.exe, to (something else) and then rename the SKSE launcher to TESV.exe. While this did, indeed, solve the game-launching problem it was supposed to solve, it had the unintended consequence of disabling BOSS and/or LOOT, which are programmed to check the installed game version by examining the game executable- TESV.exe in the case of Skyrim. When it could not determine the version by reading TESV.exe, BOSS/LOOT resorted to redating all of my plugins to try to establish a load order, and it did NOT write any load order to Plugins.txt.

So I would strongly recommend against renaming the game executable file, which is fraught with danger of unintended consequences, especially since it is absolutely not necessary. I posted a much better solution here yesterday- setting Plugins.txt to read-only before launching the game- and several others have posted similar recommendations. Edited by Vyxenne

In response to post #31759235. #31784635, #31789945 are all replies on the same post.

Incinerax wrote: For some reason none of my plugin mods are working but the rest of my mods work. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Soulbringer1 wrote: Yeah, every time you turn on NMM you have to make sure that your Plugins are checked. for some reason they keep getting un ticked.
Incinerax wrote: That's the thing I do that and my plugins are always checked but nothing happens

Since the patch earlier this week, the game launcher "resets" Plugins.txt (by deleting all your mod plugin names) every time you run it. The solution is to set Plugins.txt to read-only AFTER you are sure (you may have to hand-edit it) that it contains a list of all your plugins.

No worky.

Has made my Fo4 unplayable.

Fo4 will load up, all plugins work, etc... and the game will load up. but after about 10 - 15 mins of game play, my audio goes berserk... goes all static. Only way to fix it is to quit the game which then causes my computer to lock up, forcing me to reboot with the reset button.

Did not have this problem with Fall Out 4 before this NMM update.

My Fall Out 4 installation has not changed, nor have I added/changed any Mods in well over a week.

The game takes a LOT longer to load now too... I think my load time has creeped up to around 3 minutes.. and I dont have many Mods, maybe a couple dozen and mostly all just some texture replacers.

Edited by cjc75

In response to post #31797400.

cjc75 wrote: No worky.

Has made my Fo4 unplayable.

Fo4 will load up, all plugins work, etc... and the game will load up. but after about 10 - 15 mins of game play, my audio goes berserk... goes all static. Only way to fix it is to quit the game which then causes my computer to lock up, forcing me to reboot with the reset button.

Did not have this problem with Fall Out 4 before this NMM update.

My Fall Out 4 installation has not changed, nor have I added/changed any Mods in well over a week.

The game takes a LOT longer to load now too... I think my load time has creeped up to around 3 minutes.. and I dont have many Mods, maybe a couple dozen and mostly all just some texture replacers.

Yeah after having to reboot a couple times from the glitch I mentioned above....

Now my Fal Out 4 just doesnt work at all now... I can bring up the game launcher from NMM, but after clicking "Play" on the launcher, the game attempts to load but then immediately just locks up.

I have to control alt delete to the Task Manager and force the game to shut down. Edited by cjc75

In response to post #31733555. #31741645, #31743210, #31792020 are all replies on the same post.

Grumpyhouse wrote: Worked for a momment, but now I'm stuck in a never-ending launcher loop. I hit Launch in NMM, it opens the FO4 launcher, I hit play & get the FO4 launcher over & over.
cmd062 wrote: I have the same problem

iRub1Out wrote: go to your game folder (exe folder) and rename fallout4.exe to fallout4launcher.exe - rename the launcher anything you want - and launch fallout.

Worked perfectly.
Vyxenne wrote: A couple of years ago, I followed similar advice I found online to rename my Skyrim game executable, TESV.exe, to (something else) and then rename the SKSE launcher to TESV.exe. While this did, indeed, solve the game-launching problem it was supposed to solve, it had the unintended consequence of disabling BOSS and/or LOOT, which are programmed to check the installed game version by examining the game executable- TESV.exe in the case of Skyrim. When it could not determine the version by reading TESV.exe, BOSS/LOOT resorted to redating all of my plugins to try to establish a load order, and it did NOT write any load order to Plugins.txt.

So I would strongly recommend against renaming the game executable file, which is fraught with danger of unintended consequences, especially since it is absolutely not necessary. I posted a much better solution here yesterday- setting Plugins.txt to read-only before launching the game- and several others have posted similar recommendations.

just restard steam on admin and it's will work