NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

I'm having a random issue where if I uninstall a mod, like Darker Nights for example, I won't be able to reinstall it properly afterwards. When I choose the enable part, it simply installs in a second (.esp and all) but there is no NMM install manager with all the options that the mod should have.

To get it to work correctly, I need to re-download it to NMM (perhaps, adding it manually works, too - not that I've tried that.)

Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Just to add, this has happened with other mods, too. Sometimes restarting NMM helps, but not always.

Edited by Vol08

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31820165.

Vol08 wrote: I'm having a random issue where if I uninstall a mod, like Darker Nights for example, I won't be able to reinstall it properly afterwards. When I choose the enable part, it simply installs in a second (.esp and all) but there is no NMM install manager with all the options that the mod should have.

To get it to work correctly, I need to re-download it to NMM (perhaps, adding it manually works, too - not that I've tried that.)

EDIT: Just to add, this has happened with other mods, too. Sometimes restarting NMM helps, but not always.

Maybe you are deleting the mod instead of uninstalling it?

In response to post #31820165. #31821080 is also a reply to the same post.

Vol08 wrote: I'm having a random issue where if I uninstall a mod, like Darker Nights for example, I won't be able to reinstall it properly afterwards. When I choose the enable part, it simply installs in a second (.esp and all) but there is no NMM install manager with all the options that the mod should have.

Jeysercapo wrote: Maybe you are deleting the mod instead of uninstalling it?

Nope, the mod is simply disabled and remains in the Mods tab list.

In response to post #31820165. #31821080, #31823120 are all replies on the same post.

Vol08 wrote: Nope, the mod is simply disabled and remains in the Mods tab list.

Make sure you are uninstalling the mod and not just disabling it, you have to right click and uninstall and then the mod will be grayed out, if you just double click the mod it will only be disabled but still installed, shown by the red circle

In response to post #31820165. #31821080, #31823120, #31831210 are all replies on the same post.

Vol08 wrote: Nope, the mod is simply disabled and remains in the Mods tab list.
keddiels wrote: Make sure you are uninstalling the mod and not just disabling it, you have to right click and uninstall and then the mod will be grayed out, if you just double click the mod it will only be disabled but still installed, shown by the red circle

Wow, I actually didn't know that before. Thanks!

Is that a more recent thing (to disable and uninstall being separate) for NMM?

In response to post #31810915.

epicsacrifice wrote: This is really weird. Everytime I launch my game it disables all of my plugins and I have to re-enable them again. It happens everytime and I tried leaving the Plugin.txt to read only but that doesn't work. It just disables them all again.

Same here.

My way around it for now is to keep NMM up, then run the launcher and wait for it to (inevitably) disable all those mods, and once I've seen them come unchecked, I just check them all again and then hit "Play Game" in the launcher window and then everything works. But I have to do this each and every time I run the game... Edited by SpiderJerusalem