are Nazis really welcomed here on Nexus?

falloutboy65

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods like that infiltrate every game. FO4 is averaging 1,000 mods per week on Nexus. Just don't d/l or endorse them. Don't even look at them if they offend you. My block list is long, my d/l list is short. My mod list that I play the game with is even shorter because some mods I d/l just to see what is in them and what they do.

I bought FO4 the day it was released. Now, one month later, I play with 5-6 mods added to my game. Not all of them from Nexus.

Try to not be upset by others who have an opposing view. Tolerate, avoid, whatever works.

I tell myself this every day! :)

Okay, lets clarify a few things:

1. Nazi-symbolics etc. is only forbidden in germany (and 1 or 2 other states, but i don´t remember). So, everywhere else on this whole planet, its legal.

2. There ARE good looking uniforms etc. They had a really good tailor...

3. You can also put the clothes etc. on raider-gangs. Its surely plausible to assume, some nazi-gangs would have survived, or revived.

I do NOT like the idea behind nazi-germany. I would be dumb as an nazi if i would... but i can understand why someone wants this stuff in his/her game.

So: Live and let live. If you do not like it, ignore it. You cant stop modders making mods with nazi-stuff. So dont bother yourself, and go on with your life.

And btw. Look at other nerchandise like Warhammer40k. The only symbols missing ist the "Hakenkreuz" (sorry dont know the right word in english, if there is one), and the SS-rune. But you will find every other symbol equal, or slightly changed on armor and uniforms of the imperium of man.

2. There ARE good looking uniforms etc. They had a really good tailor..

Good? Those are one of the best looking uniforms I have ever saw. Everyone agrees. It a fact.

You can also put the clothes etc. on raider-gangs. Its surely plausible to assume, some nazi-gangs would have survived, or revived.

It very fitting and a cool idea.

Edited by Boombro

I guess some of you are missing the point.

FO4 gets streamed and YouTubed all the time, does Bethesda really need some modded FO4 videos that appear to support Nazis? Yes it is legal in most of the world but just switch those images with Radical Islam/ISIS and see how your MOD does. Just how long it takes for you to make the NSA watchlist. [and if you say VPN anon, I will just laugh]

/You do know this is the major reason that Bethesda is creating its own MOD repository right? To prevent stuff that would make FO4 and its players look bad in the media.

FO4 gets streamed and YouTubed all the time, does Bethesda really need some modded FO4 videos that appear to support Nazis?

They are player made stuff and beth has nothing to do with them. I have seen mods worse by a mile than this youtubed all the time on the course of oblivion-fo3-FNV-Skyrim and soon fo4. Beth knows this and did not say anything about the matter for more than 7 years.

Yes it is legal in most of the world but just switch those images with Radical Islam/ISIS and see how your MOD does.

That is a completely different topic. For one, ISIS doesn't have cool uniforms.

Just how long it takes for you to make the NSA watchlist. [and if you say VPN anon, I will just laugh]

Holy, they must be busy. Everyone screams "Allhah Kbar!" when using bombs in MMOs a days. I pity those guys.

You do know this is the major reason that Bethesda is creating its own MOD repository right?

Ummm, no. It because it will be a modding platform for consoles, a host for upcoming DOOM maps and more. They will of course, have they own set of rules, maybe you right.

Just how long it takes for you to make the NSA watchlist. [and if you say VPN anon, I will just laugh]

Holy, they must be busy. Everyone screams "Allhah Kbar!" when using bombs in MMOs a days. I pity those guys.

No I talking about MOD creators, not the users, when someone creates a shareable nazi/anti-semite game , they go on a specific watchlist.

And when a MOD creator starts inlcuding ISIS stuff in a MOD , they go on a NSA watchlist.

These watchlist are just that a flag to see if that person is also doing something else that would demand further action.

/not at all talking about players who shout Jihadist stuff or whatever, I am talking about content creators that is what Agencies look for.

/You do know this is the major reason that Bethesda is creating its own MOD repository right? To prevent stuff that would make FO4 and its players look bad in the media.

Nope, the build a unique database with tested mods for consoles. Nothing more. Due you can´t simply use mods from Nexus or some other sites on your Xbox oder PS4, you have to have an ingame-browser or something like that, with verified running and compatible mods, not beating your consoles hardware over limit.

Bethesda gives a damn about questionable mods. We hat tentacle-sex-mods for skyrim for years. And if something bothers a US-company, its sexual related, nothing else. And we have still sex-mods.

As long, as bethesda can claim to be not the author of something, they seem to not care at all.