Reasons why you reloaded a save?

GringoLoco91

Ah, right, reason I reloaded before: on my first playthrough I hadn't actually read ALL terminals, and I still wasn't all that sure who's who, and who's BS-ing me to my face. So even though I was all BOS and all, I chose to rescue 10 year old Shaun, on the off chance that he's actually my son. Then I get the tape. And it turns out I can't just, you know, do my sacred Brotherhood duty and shoot him in the head and be done with it. I had to reload a save from before that choice :p

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of a "forced" reload - using a pimped up MIRV Fatman for the first time.... and not really paying attention too much as to how close the mini nukes were going to impact....

lets just say my first shot with it was the last one. :ermm:

Saved just as I got out of Vault 81, saw an npc ahead of me down the road so I thought to investigate who was it with Danse trailing behind me. As I get within mere feet of him we were suddenly attacked by ghouls. So I get my auto shotgun out and start popping em in the face, npc and Danse also lighting them em up. All of a sudden the npc literally dives infront of my shotgun and I shoot his head off... Get a message that 'Danse hated that!", he goes read and starts shooting me.. Really Danse? Yes reloaded after I shot his head off lol.

As an aside... why does everyone nuke covenant? It seems that it would be a much shittier place after you murder the unique NPC's to replace them with the ghastly settlers who moan incessantly about their fingernails. As with everyone else my big save reload was saving kent. The other was running into a legendary knife-armed assualtron in the institute (fast, instakiller in enclosed spaces is scary). Think it took me 9 reloads to kill it (eventually gave up facing it in a straight fight and used 3 nuka-mines to blow a leg off then 9 plasma grenades, 12 pulse grenades and around 20 frags lobbed over walls and around corners to finish it off as it crawled ever onwards.)

Well, I can't speak for the others, of course, but I for one totally wasn't ok with brutally torturing and killing people on the off chance that they might be a synth. (Listen to the tapes in the Compound, really. Just listen.) Dr Rosalynd presents to you having almost 70% certainty that the Old Man's daughter is a synth as some kind of a high probability that justifies murderizing said daughter to do an autopsy. Even if their test was anything but a joke (it wasn't created for that purpose, for a start), and I actually accepted her numbers, and even if I hated synths, that means they have about 1 in 3 chances to murder an innocent.

And they're OK with that.

And they're OK with murdering 4 human guards to get the one possible synth. Because that's what they did with the caravan. You can find the remains just outside Covenant.

AND in the tapes in the institute, they actually WANT to dissect more negatives to validate their correlation. Killing innocent humans is not even an unfortunate side effect, but actually desirable there.

And returning to Covenant, if you read the mayor's terminal, the people there aren't just some hapless extras to man the front. They're all Compound people. The doctor is the same who was torturing people in the compound tapes, and would rather still be doing that than heal caravan people in Covenant.

So, yeah, I could have some whiny and dirty settlers, or some smiling and clean mass murderers. Gee, tough choice :wink:

Well, I can't speak for the others, of course, but I for one totally wasn't ok with brutally torturing and killing people on the off chance that they might be a synth. (Listen to the tapes in the Compound, really. Just listen.) Dr Rosalynd presents to you having almost 70% certainty that the Old Man's daughter is a synth as some kind of a high probability that justifies murderizing said daughter to do an autopsy. Even if their test was anything but a joke (it wasn't created for that purpose, for a start), and I actually accepted her numbers, and even if I hated synths, that means they have about 1 in 3 chances to murder an innocent.

And they're OK with that.

And they're OK with murdering 4 human guards to get the one possible synth. Because that's what they did with the caravan. You can find the remains just outside Covenant.

AND in the tapes in the institute, they actually WANT to dissect more negatives to validate their correlation. Killing innocent humans is not even an unfortunate side effect, but actually desirable there.

And returning to Covenant, if you read the mayor's terminal, the people there aren't just some hapless extras to man the front. They're all Compound people. The doctor is the same who was torturing people in the compound tapes, and would rather still be doing that than heal caravan people in Covenant.

So, yeah, I could have some whiny and dirty settlers, or some smiling and clean mass murderers. Gee, tough choice :wink:

Eh, i Dunno man everything they did is fairly standard for civil wars everywhere, furthermore it clearly says in the logs that most of the people in covenant have escaped from the institute and are suffering from various degrees of PTSD. Murdering them makes you a far more reprehensible killer than they ever were.

They attacked me after I shut down the compound. I was actually hoping I could reach SOME agreement at least with the unnamed Settler folks, to the effect of "you're now under probation. Behave or else." But they just had to pull a gun on me.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as murder if the other guy has a gun and is actively shooting at you. Hell, half of them killed THEMSELVES with ricochets off my power armour.

I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't count as more reprehensible to shoot back at armed combatants than to torture and murder defenseless prisoners. The former is just war, if you're willing to excuse anything in the name of war, while the latter we kinda ruled already that it's a war crime. Bit of a distinction there.

And yes, I am aware that atrocities happen in civil wars, but they still count as atrocities. They sure counted as such for Milosevic, for example.

just to add for the Covenant atrocities, they, like the Botherhood of Steal, don't care whether a Synth is a slave of the Institute, a willing servant (possibly Coursers count as these as would the earlier model Synths that lack personalities) or a free-willed escapee who is an enemy of the Institute. they are not a faction in a civil war. they are murderous bigots

I think it's even worse that, even as bigots go, they're more than willing to kill non-synths too. And not just Railroad. Again, according to the tapes, dissecting a few more non-synths is actually desirable to verify the correlation.

I mean, the BOS are bigots. I don't like them very much. But at least they're trying to protect everyone else. Sure, it's by their own warped idea of protecting, but at least there is some good will. Whereas the Compound morons are more than OK with killing however many of the same non-synth people they're supposedly trying to protect.