Is it just me?

Hexxagone

Getting really tired of the complaint threads of the Fallout 4 game.

Seriously,

There are quite a few actual "towns and quest hubs" in comparison to both Fo4 and FnV.

Comparable to Skyrim even, still decent.

Size of the Map all around not even close to a real let down...Not even.

I also see a whole slew of complaints around graphics or performance,

Well guess what, not a lot of people have as strong a computer as they thought they did.

Game runs amazing on my end, got like 500 hours on Fo4...Flawless FPS and no grapics issues.

I've even tripled my settlement budgets and still get 60 FPS without stutter in some of my crazy settlement builds, game is a freaking champ. I barely touched any of the graphics settings.

I look around on Nexus for mods, go look for yourself most popular ones going just ruin the graphics to make it playable for low end machines what that should tell you is that people are using the wrong hardware to play the game. My machine is all high grade top end parts from freaking 2009 but top notch, some of it certified prototype parts from before their official release and I even threw in EVGA gtx970 ssc and a dedicated PhysX GPU EVGA gtx 580 2 GB version. My solid state drive means no load times none barely have time to read the little descriptions in the load screenies. With Dual Xeon CPU's that were rated low but uh hello proto's man got em off a retired fella in the industry these things eat this game.

So what am I getting at, if your computer is champ you wont have graphics complaints........Most users have issue with games graphics and that intensifies everything else.

Map really isn't small, its the fact that there are no winding long corridors forcing you to take odd routes to get everywhere.

Just the same doesn't matter how many times people explain it the same droll will just continue to crop up over and over.

You'd think these people wouldn't come over to the Nexus to infect us with their non-sense, I mean for real this site is a modding culture, and your expected to have a thing for wanting to mod your game. Now why do I say its odd, cause modding is about creativity and that whole settlement feature that's a creative outlet, if you don't understand the irony of that well I guess you cant be helped.

Great changes could happen for this game with mods but not if people are too busy bashing on the game for dumb idiotic reasons. Seriously if you don't like it bust out Fo4edit, Nifskope, and the mod tools we do have and get to work. Or just leave.

At best your complaints are going to burn out people that do like the game and could be the people that go to great lengths bringing you more enjoyment for the title.

In the end complainers are just not saving anybody or anything and provide very little useful information.

Its just tiring

/rant

This the discussion forum. People can bash the game and rip it apart if they wanted.

Nexus is not just a modding site, there is also other forums for many thing like pc hardware.

Leave if you don't like that.

Edited by Boombro

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of great options of websites to complain at.

Steam, Bethsada, Gamefaqs, AngryJoe, heck man there are probably like 100 better sites for it.

No mutants allowed comes to mind.

But nope, people got to complain like its for the first time.

Heck even the title of this thread is not original.

So lets get back to "my opinion" which I'm posting on a known site for Moding the Game.

in Quarter one, most if not all of your complaints can be addressed by the Creation Kit.

-Its a fact that it is a primary drive of Bethsada Games

-Its a fact that its well known that consoles will have mods

So if your not interested in how modding is a primary reason to be here,

If your not here to improve on the game,

Why are you here doing something that could be done better elsewhere?

Also most of these complaints

Can be fixed with proper hardware

Can be fixed with a Creation Kit

And really whats that leave us

People who are complaining to an audience of mod makers, who wouldn't be here if they didn't get what Bethsada Games are about.

Which means that its a bit out of place.

Edited by gamefever

There are a lot of great options of websites to complain at.

Steam, Bethsada, Gamefaqs, AngryJoe, heck man there are probably like 100 better sites for it.

No mutants allowed comes to mind.

But nope, people got to complain like its for the first time.

Heck even the title of this thread is not original.

So lets get back to "my opinion" which I'm posting on a known site for Moding the Game.

in Quarter one, most if not all of your complaints can be addressed by the Creation Kit.

Also most of these complaints

Can be fixed with proper hardware

Can be fixed with a Creation Kit

And really whats that leave us

People who are complaining to an audience of mod makers, who wouldn't be here if they didn't get what Bethsada Games are about.

Which means that its a bit out of place.

I'm sure the moderators are quite capable of removing or locking topics, that they or the site owner find inappropriate.

That's obviously not your job.

If you don't like a topic just don't read it. :)

@Trold

What and not share my valuable opinion?

What is this non-sense

What all of a sudden I'm a bad guy my opinion isn't valid?

Please, your all about shutting down people cause you don't agree with them right?

Doesn't that just make you as bad as you think I am for telling people to take it else where?

Yes, yes it does, but thanks for sharing buddy.

Its pointless for them to bicker here about it, Bethsada Games Studios wont read their comments about it.

But your right we really have to have thread number 1,000 on why the game is so bad.

Not like there are not 1,000 other sites for it.

Nope we gotta get in the face of people that like to mod the game about it.

Not like we modders don't know about your 10,000 other threads on 1,000 websites.

Do us all a flavor and complain about it on Bethsada's Games Studios official forum

Or

Actually provide useful informations and discussions on how to fix the game.

Otherwise your just wasting space my friend because sure mod authors like me come here and what, see all of this non-sense?

Really its just not fun having to wade through a million threads to speak constructively about the game and about how we might make it even more fun to play.

Edited by gamefever

Please, your all about shutting down people cause you don't agree with them right?

You don't see the irony of this line?

I never implied you were a "bad guy". You are just as entitled to express your opinion on someone's opinion, as I am expressing my opinion on your opinion on someone's opinion.

As was mentioned by another poster, this is he Fallout General Discussion Forum, so basically anything goes, as long as it complies with the rules of the forum.

Edited by trold

@trold

Of course I get it and I understand that you don't,

cause you did it to me too.

Tell me something bud is your major concern here?

Seriously the OP's points where addressed and I gave him my opinion.

So its done really, you want better stomping ground to rail on Bethsada games well really you didn't come to the right place.

A game, no what it is should be be able to stand on itself without mod. "We can fix it with mods." it not a solution at all since this is not "Beth mod.". All past titles have a lot more replay ability and RPG than fo4 with better and longer quests.

This the discussion forum.

And?

Plus, most users of this site don't even know how to get the modding tools, hardly touched it and or have little to no skills.

@ Boombro

As a discussion forum,

I'm also entitled to an opinion, even if you don't like it.

It's my opinion that the game stands fine on its own.

Its a fact that if you want your opinion on why the game is bad and could be better that it should either be placed on Bethsada's Forums or

If your going to place it here on a modding forum where a guy like me is going to see it, it might be better for the authors of said thread to frame it up better,

Its a modding site with mod author traffic afterall.

What you guys don't think I didn't check your profiles to see what mods you shared with the community?

You really think railing on me makes it a better place?

What is the whole point of it Boom, Trold?

I've authored over 41 mods, participated in 3 different projects, and assisted a lot of other mod authors along the way.

But no no, you guys want to just complain about the game and rail on whoever disagrees with you.

Your on a modding site.

What are you offering here in this thread?

Its simply a I don't like it or I like it thread.

But since I came on and said I don't like the thread and took a turd on it well Im satan.

Satan Clause cause Ive done shared more than you fellas.

Really what the frick is the point man?

I don't like your opinions.

I don't agree with the OP.

I think you'd all be better received elsewhere.

Ther you goes.