Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines

Sebiale

Just bought VtBM and I'm kind of leery of installing the unofficial patch (this one: http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php) in case it significantly alters gameplay at any point.

Does the unofficial patch add or subtract anything from the original game, or is it mainly just fixes? Usually I want to go through a whole vanilla game version before altering stuff, but if it's just fixes I think that'd be fine.

Google ''wesp'' vs. ''tessera''...This is a wonderful game that was rushed out the door. I still play it to this day , always as a female malkavian, the wesp patches add and fix things and move NPC'S around but makes the game somewhat less buggy. try both , and above all read about what they do , be sure to play as a '' malkavian'' , have fun..... :woot:

If you just want the vanilla experience then just use the official patches for your first play though then add the unofficial patches as they do change up a lot of the gameplay. The game itself only takes about 10 to 12 hours to beat so as well but as re-playable as it is you can have 3 or 4 run-throughs and not get tired of vanilla (depending on how many bugs you run into). And DON'T play as a Malkavian until your second or third run. Even though it is one of the funner clans to play as it's not a good first time clan if you know what i mean. Better to play as one of the more...Saner clans first time through :whistling:

I agree with josh900.

I played 1st time as Toreador. Another good choices for a 1st game would be either Brujah or Vetrue in my opinion.

2nd and 3rd game should be either Malakavian or Nosferatu playing as one of those is a complete new game experience.

4th game could be made as Ganglrel or Tremere if you still like the game ...

I did it that way and it is still fun. I would do it again in that order..

on mods I encourage you to dig up some texture / clorhing replaces 1st for ah don't want to spoil anything... some major NPC character's you run into; one is a Toreador the other Malakavian.

:biggrin:

Second weapons there are some good texture replaces for weapons ...

That how I started then go on and make the game less buggy...Wesp was good ..

Have fun!

Edited by SilverDNA

Bloodlines is one of my favorite games. If you have completed vanilla game once or many times, unofficial patch is must, also i recommend Clan addon. Makes more choices for character, even if you play, lets say Lasombra, the story still thinks your part of Camarilla. :laugh: Anyway i played game at first time as Malkavian and didn't find any problems with it. Malkavians are my favorite clan too.

edit add: Also Vampire the masquarade: Redemption is good game even it's pretty old one.

Edited by raatorotta

Absolutely YES, you should install the unofficial patch. As others have said already, the game was rushed out unfinished. Lots of the content "added" by the patch was already there, just not implemented- sidequests, dialogue, items, etc. More importantly, though, the patch has a boatload of bugfixes. Without it, the game can be prone to crashing and some sidequests can break, halting your progress through the game.

Bottom line, you won't miss out on anything by installing the patch, whereas you will miss out on content by playing vanilla. The patch might not be official, but it really does feel like the way the game was meant to be.

The game itself only takes about 10 to 12 hours to beat

lol it took about half of that for me to finish the quest in the sewers... Beated the game after playing for 50-60 hours (without 100 loads in the last battle) XD