Blizzard new game announcement: 19th May

Dark0ne

i hardly see how calling someone a lyer is less offensive then saying someone screws a dog and that i would sell my mother for a bag of cack.

trying to make a point or not, you need to grow up and act more mature for your age.

Why do I feel like I'm just talking to myself here?

READ THE LINK.

You're not supposed to take that as an actual attack on you. It's just an example, taken to such an absurd level that nobody can argue that it's not offensive to them, that saying "I was just having fun" isn't an excuse.

Now, exactly like everyone expected, you found the rant offensive. But hey, I had the same "just having fun" line included. In fact, mine should be even less offfensive, since I explicitly said it wasn't serious, while you just assumed everyone would "get the joke".

A reasonable person might stop to think about this, and understand that the same thing just might apply to the accusation of lying.

povuholo and i where joking with eachother, he obviously diddnt take any of it seriously.

i don't care if you where making a point, YOU crossed the line.

Crossed what line? I clearly said those "insults" were not meant seriously. It's not my fault you skipped over that part.

And speaking as someone who has had to deal with dishonest editing, it wasn't funny. Especially when you don't include any "lol, just kidding" or whatever. Even worse, you include the :rolleyes: which generally means "you moron, how can you say something this stupid?". So to anyone not invited into your private thoughts, your post looks exactly like something dishonest people really do write.

You should understand this, especially since judging intent over the internet (and possibly through language barriers) is very difficult. If it's a joke, be very clear about it. And especially don't mis-use the eye-roll or similar icons, since those are often the only way of judging intent (the equivalent of a giant "I'm dead serious" sign on your post).

------------------------------

edit: You know, it's 4:30 am here, so I might have assumed too much dishonesty on your part. I don't like you, so I may have been a bit biased in assuming the worst as soon as you seemed to fit the troll pattern. If Povuholo shows up and says he wasn't offended, I won't complain if one of the moderators feels like burying this little hijack. In fact, I would appreciate it... I'd do it myself, but that would kind of contradict the whole point I was trying to make, wouldn't it?

But you should consider the mistake as proof that judging intent over the internet can be hard and often inaccurate. Keep that in mind next time you use the "how can you be stupid enough to say that???" icon maybe?

I do not, however, apologize for the "insults". If the example bothered you, I really don't care. Maybe you should keep that in mind next time you post something like "lol, you're too stupid to get my joke". People tend to get offended and angry at you when you do stuff like that.

when i used the :rolleyes: simple i meant i was rolling my eyes, not being serious, like when something happens thats your fault, and you saught of whistle and walk away (i know nobody does that bacasue it is instantly suspecious, but i think you know what i mean)

and its good that you dont like me, because i dont like you :) because its really bad when someone likes another, but that other person hates them, so its like one likes 2 but 2 hates 1 but 1 doesnt know that.

you know what i mean right?

ps 4:30? damn you stay up on your computor late

I've removed the offending posts. Seems you haven't lost your knack for turning threads into a giant arguement Peregrine. Good way to get started just after Dark0ne decides to let you have your posting priviledges back.

thejake, please don't respond in kind. Saying you're reporting someone is fine but the "f*ck you" was unnecessary. I've already given you one strike, do you want it to be strike two? I know the initial post about editing was intended in jest, but it's always hard to tell on the internet as you can't see the poster's expression and emoticons can be interpreted in different ways. So be careful, yes? Because certain encourageable people will jump at the chance to start a flamewar.

This thread has got massively derailed, so let's put this behind us and get back on-topic eh?

• 3 months later...

Ye gods, there's a Diablo 3? This I've got to see.

What's all that tusseling and fighting about up above ... gentlemen, kindly remember that you are at a new forum and there are ladies present. Thank you and travel on through.

Ye gods, there's a Diablo 3? This I've got to see.

No, not yet. They're currently developing Starcraft 2.

But in case of you want to see the spiritual sequel of Diablo, you might want to check in Hellgate: London. It is being developed by the old team that made Diablo in the first place.