Hot Topic #2: The cliché multiplayer Elder Scrolls topic

Dark0ne

I don't think a MMORPG TES would be very good, maybe a single player TES with a PVP option. Like an online TES arena where people can submit their characters and duel. You could also have the whole rank system like in Oblivion's arena. After you win a certain number of battles, you move up in rank until you become the reining Grand Champion. If you loose, nothing happens to you, unless you're the Grand Champion; then you'll be kicked back down to Champion. That could be fun.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree that a LAN capability would be the most fun. There'd be the least danger of wrecking the TES experience through the MMORPG plague, and it'd be just plain more enjoyable. Imagine...the Great Oblivion Gate Assault with a crew including your friends' characters for the battle... :D

That's what I'd really like to see.

I feel that while it may seem nice at first to put TES IV online, PK would mess it up.

If you allowed PK in the arena, then Oblivion would just be a huge world in which to train/ cheat in the arena.

And what about lower systems, are there going to be low end "rooms"?

In my game experience, I have decided that it would be worth my time to become a merchant.

Only.

Maybe someone with more experience can explain this better.

How many of the thousands of mods would be allowed?

I would like multiplayer but only as a choice. Maybe if they make you pay then you pay one time a year or something. I agree that it cant be tesV. Instead maybe they should continue the multiplayer mod that was being made but then for some reason discontinued.

Personally I would love to see a Multiplayer version where you could socialize with other players. I think Bethesda has the skills and talent to pull it off easy...

Even if they don't create a full MMORPG (which would be sweet) they could create online content for oblivion (like nwn2) how you can export you character and then join a pvp arena and fight other players.

Also I reckon that Bethesda should make a party system for online if they do create MMORPG content at some time.

That way you can also do another thing called 'Party Arena' which involves killing a number of monsters in a set amount of time and they get harder as you go...

Anyway, just some ideas ^^

It's totally up to Bethesda but I would love to see this happen and have no doubt that Bethesda is capable enough to produce a specular MMORPG if they wish...

I'd like to see just two player. Or maybe up to about 6, all as a party. Lots of people that you don't know would ruin the concept of the series.

I'd like to see Arena-style combat between you and another player. It would give you an idea of how well your character (and your skill with combat in general) stacks up against others, and it'd be damn fun at the same time. That's about the only thing I'd care about with multiplayer. everything else I'd do on my own as currently. I've never liked multiplayer games much. We don't need another WoW.

But Arena fighting...that'd kick major ass.

I would hate if they made a game more similar to conventional rpgs!!! And it seems that this is the way things would be, oblivion has less of that "elder scrolls felling" than morrowind, maybe the next one will be even less "elder scrolls" and more like blockbusters stupid rpgs... I have a nightmare off seeing an online oblivion more like a ragnarok, fable, and others!

It would be perfect if the game was the same thing as morrowind, arena and daggerfall were, but online, with many players in a really vast world.

The ability to use mods was essential in morrowind and oblivion, and that would be hard (if not impossible) to implement adequately in an online elder scrolls.