Please do not endorse small mods.

MisterMaximvs

I endorse what i like. when the "big" mods come along and get crazy high downloads and endorsements over night, the ones the entire community says "you need this" - they will go straight to the top of the list. So it is irrelevant if you endorse an under par mod or not, in fact it is completely redundant.

Whether it is a 1kb mod or a 2 gb mod and does as it describes with no errors, properly cleaned and implemented then the author did a decent enough job to gain an endorsement.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, these are all beautiful and politically correct answers ( with a few snide remarks heh ). But consider this : What if everyone endorses every mod they download

Have... have you actually bothered looking at endorsements vs unique downloads?

The scenario you've presented would mean pigs fly, hell has frozen over, we can divide by zero, etc.

I endorse every mod that I use and doesn't cause me problems because I've looked at endorsements vs unique downloads. Everyone, even the littlest person, serves their part in the grand scheme of things. Therefor, if their part is worthwhile for what they've done, I endorse. I appreciate peoples' efforts, big or small.

TBH, I actually prefer small mods that I can combine to my taste, than big compilations that change three dozen things, and I don't want about three quarters of what's included. E.g., where I can't get a rebalancing of enemy levels, without also getting more city guards with katanas than even Japan ever had (especially before the Edo period.)

Just shows how diverse tastes are, really. Some of us actually LIKE small mods that do exactly what it says on the tin, and can be combined like lego blocks, some don't. Everyone endorses what they like in the end, and whether it fits anyone else's tastes, well, that's a whole other question.

Same here. I much prefer a mod that adds one single well made gun, than a mod that adds 300 mediocre guns, and sometimes some of the best of those simple one gun mods are simple (yet very high quality) retextures.

If those large mods are so good, they will get enough endorsements to rise to the top, otherwise they deserve to be at the bottom. Isn't that how this works?

Besides, I will always endorse a mod that I like, because that's how I recognize the work that went into the mod. No matter how small that work is, that's my way of saying thanks for the time that was put into it.

Edited by Evil D