What's up with mod users?

536861646f57

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry LadyMilla but it was NOT meant sarcastic.

But I have to express my statement in a more precise way. Of course this is a valid argument. My intention was to point out that unlike the advocates of the "don't like it? don't use it" theory claim these mods indeed have a downside since as already mentioned they tend to clutter up the mod list.

You should consider Nexus a marketplace. Everybody who abides by the rules can set up a stand and offer their wares. We are not an art committee or an organization whose goal is to shape the modding scene according to some sort of vision or perception/notion of "quality". We do shape the modding scene to a certain extent because we exclude certain mods (mostly those that violate the law), but overall Nexus is a repository which offers various functions to find the mod you are looking for (if it exists). If certain kinds of mods are undesirable for you, you can use various tags/blocking features to hide them.

Basically, it is a "supply and demand" business. Complaints about the disastrous state of moral values or the lack of appreciation for true quality (what is the definition of 'true quality'?) are pointless. People who want to find 'quality mods' can still find them.

We are not an art committee or an organization whose goal is to shape the modding scene according to some sort of vision or perception/notion of "quality". We do shape the modding scene to a certain extent because we exclude certain mods (mostly those that violate the law), but overall Nexus is a repository which offers various functions to find the mod you are looking for (if it exists). If certain kinds of mods are undesirable for you, you can use various tags/blocking features to hide them.

Basically, it is a "supply and demand" business. Complaints about the disastrous state of moral values or the lack of appreciation for true quality (what is the definition of 'true quality'?) are pointless. People who want to find 'quality mods' can still find them.

And do you also think that even the discussion about the state of moral or the questionable taste of some users is pointless? Because I am waiting till today that someone explains me for what reason you need a guy with a vagina.

If certain kinds of mods are undesirable for you, you can use various tags/blocking features to hide them.

And how exactly can I hide mods like this:

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/72182-7-1451030903.jpg

I am not against nudity. I am just against this abnormal kind of nudity.

Edited by Novem99

As LadyMilla said we are not here to judge the quality or morality of art. We are just where you go to find the art that YOU want. You are not required to like what is not to your taste. But condemning someone else for their taste is bad taste in itself. As for cluttering up the mod list - again you are demanding that you be the arbiter of taste and no one should be allowed to see the mods you don't personally approve of - If we allow that we will end up with just a very few mods that somehow manage to not offend anyone. :rolleyes:

Other people are offended by things that don't offend you, and if we acquiesce to your demand that we censor based on your personal list of things that offend you, we would then have to censor based on their preferences as well. So, no censoring. Instead we allow you to tag mods and then not see those that you personally do not wish to see for whatever reason. The tag I think you want is the NSFW tag. But you can use as many tags as you wish. We do not judge you on what tags you use or don't use. The tags are there for your convenience, not ours. :thumbsup:

As has already been explained, revealing non realistic armor is and has always been a part of the lore in Tes games - all the way back to actual low res nudity in unmodded Daggerfall and even on the box art that came with the very first Tes game Arena. The armor in Oblivion's Shivering Isles, and the armor of the Forsworn in Skyrim are all examples. There have been several hilarious topics on how the revealing armor is 'unrealistic' ( yup, and magic and dragons are?) In reality there is no historical female armor, slutty or otherwise. Even the famous armor of Joan of Arc was actually just a man's armor with no special modifications that historians have been able to find. The only 'real' examples of female armor are a few that were made for ceremonial use by a few queens.

Here is the video that explains it best. .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8

As LadyMilla said we are not here to judge the quality or morality of art. - If we allow that we will end up with just a very few mods that somehow manage to not offend anyone. :rolleyes:

Other people are offended by things that don't offend you, and if we acquiesce to your demand that we censor based on your personal list of things that offend you, we would then have to censor based on their preferences as well. So, no censoring.

bben46, I would immediately support what you are saying if we would talk about a pink retexture of the elven armor or stuff like that. But do really wanna tell me that this here is in the same ball park:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/07ffc9f7841b6fdd20049fe1bece4cce/tumblr_nlfweriZ6a1rctv3mo1_1280.jpg

???

Why should you want to have this other than you have really really critical preferences.

I don't think that this has anything to do with "the difference of taste". If you wanna have THIS we are entering here areas that are also objects for psychological research.

Edited by Novem99

As LadyMilla said we are not here to judge the quality or morality of art. - If we allow that we will end up with just a very few mods that somehow manage to not offend anyone. :rolleyes:

Other people are offended by things that don't offend you, and if we acquiesce to your demand that we censor based on your personal list of things that offend you, we would then have to censor based on their preferences as well. So, no censoring.

bben46, I would immediately support what you are saying if we would talk about a pink retexture of the elven armor or stuff like that. But do really wanna tell me that this here is in the same ball park:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/07ffc9f7841b6fdd20049fe1bece4cce/tumblr_nlfweriZ6a1rctv3mo1_1280.jpg

???

Why should you want to have this other than you have really really critical preferences.

I don't think that this has anything to do with "the difference of taste". If you wanna have THIS we are entering here areas that are also objects for psychological research.

I seen more crazy then that in real life..... better leave it with that.

Why are you looking at pics like that if you don't want to see them? Adult means ADULT, not for the kiddies or squeamish.

If you do not want to see the adult content, then just turn it off.

I don't know why. But I also don't look for stuff to complain about either.

You remind me of a Southern Baptist preacher I head of. He had a subscription to Playboy just so he could condemn the pictures that he just had to look at before condemning them. (Or at least that was how he justified it to his congregation.) :tongue: