I released a mod but it doesn't appear in the site

Oblivionaddicted

I recently uploaded a mod, http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46638 More generous factions to be more precise,on the Oblivion nexus, which is a translation of another by me but unlike many other translations of mods it doesn't appear on the search engine and I don't understand why.

I know I made it public, it is not set as hidden but the site acts as it didn't exist can anyone tell me why?

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

Whats wrong with the search function

Now what I find a bit weird in this case is your file download is named More generous factions-46638-1-0.zip which should get picked up by the default "File name contains" when you search for More generous factions. Two of your other mods come up if I search for More generous factions in the "Description contains" field. Where I have generally run into this is cases where the download file isn't named to match the mod name (so Joes's Really Really Cool Armor mod has a download file named The File.zip for example).

What happens if you change your mod description to include the mod name (so that a title line appears above the part that says "You've done many great services ..." that says "More generous factions")?

- Edit - Your other mods come up because you have advertised the More generous factions mod in their mod descriptions.

Edited by Striker879

So by putting the title line in your mod is found when searching for "Descriptions contains" from Advanced Search but your mod is still not found by searching for More generous factions in either the default search page "File name contains" or the same field on the Advanced Search page. Searches for just the words More generous didn't turn up your mod and the same for searching for each word individually (so just the word More, then just the word generous and then just the word factions ... all in the "File name contains" field). Interestingly your French version does come up when searching for factions in the "File name contains" field.

I'm going to link to this post in the other thread, but you may want to contact one of the admins on the issue yourself.

Edited by Striker879