Current state of fo4 mods

connor34971

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn off the adult content. You had to have turned it on at some time as OFF is the default. Nexus is NOT a kiddie site. It is intended for MATURE people. The minimum age to be here is 13. To see mature content it is 18. If you lied about your age, please leave now. Please read the TOS.

welcome to the internet. you can select to disable adult-only mods in the search options

as for people making or using them, I'd imagine that for some it's their liking of nudity, for others it's realism and for others just to try to do it better than another mod has done it. there's a lot of variety of mods on nexus, some are bound not to suit all tastes but there's no reason not to allow them to be listed

Edited by SiNNeR

How dare people who on their own time make content for others to use for free. It's almost like someone forced you to come to Nexus and look at these mods. Shame on them for not sparing your fragile mind... :x

Edited by ahnjd

I have adult content turned on from back when I downloaded Skyrim mods. The body models were great, the realism of some of the body mods was great. However I have to agree with the OP, it just seems out of hand with Fallout4. I know these adult mods have a place, but that is all you see now. The top five featured mods are ALL tits, skimpy outfits, and ass. I am glad I do not depend on a video game to meet my sexual needs. Anyways, I hope a stream of useful mods are on the way... Corpse removal, more armors, more weapons, high resolution and detail textures, ENBs, realism and survival based stuff.

To be fair I think it's because the CBBE and outfit mods have just come out and people are going a bit crazy making mods and downloading stuff. Just let everyone get it out of their system and there'll be more of a mix again, towards meeting other needs (including non-tacky clothing- there have been some nice dresses made). Also, of course, there'll probably be more variation once the GECK comes out

I don't really object because it's sort of what I expect, I just wish there was more stuff for male characters and npcs

Edited by Berathe

I don't mind, it's to be expected we are human and sex sells. I have to agree with all above posts and moderator has a point, this isn't a kid site. You can't go and watch South Park and be shocked at the cursing and language, just because it's a cartoon doesn't mean it's for little kids. Just because these mods are for a game doesn't mean there intended for children. TV, cartoons, video games are simply a medium of expression, and that expression can take many forms including the human body. I would add though that I do agree with one thing in the OP and that's the amount that's out there was more then I expected from pass Bethesda games. I have a feeling it just seems like a lot because we're currently limited on what we can mod. I'm sure that once CK comes out you will see a growth of mods in other areas. If your the appropriate age then perhaps you might want to return when the GECK has had some time to be out.

I would add though that I do agree with one thing in the OP and that's the amount that's out there was more then I expected from pass Bethesda games.

... there are fewer sexual mods for FO4 then there are for Skyrim. in fact a body mod isnt entirely a sexual thing. some people (such as me) just hate the vanilla textures and bodies in the Beth games. i also like the abilities bodyslide grant me to create unique bodies to go with my faces so things dont look the same everytime.

seriously look at my characters in the pictures i have up right now on the Nexus for Skyrim, do they look sexualized? not really, they dont look anymore 'sexualized' as any other character in the game but i still use CBBE for them.

Look it's really quite simple why all the mods are like they are right now.

It all boils down to tools, there aren't any, none officially at least, like in the old days so these are all old simple mods that only require tools that Bethesda didn't make themselves, 3D modeling software, basic engine scripting, Flash files for some odd reason.

What are coming out now are mods in the purest sense, they take a game resource modify it and put it back in, textures, models, particle effects, ui tweaks and whatnot.

You aren't going to see really new characters areas and items until the tools to make them are released and that's not going to happen for a while since Bethesda promised that the consoles would have access to the same mods the PC users would which means some sort of unified repository run by them and nobody's heard a peep about it yet.