⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

I'll be honest, I was originally checking to see if the Vault Girl Perk Tree mod by RuthlessPeasant had updated, but this popped up on Google, and now I am glad I took a look. This is much further along in development and replaces so much more than just the perk tree. I won't lie when I say I prefer the skimpier outfits RuthlessPeasant has used so far, but from looking at the FO3 and FNV versions of this mod, I am hopeful of things to come. Definitely going to jump in and start using this. You have my Endorsement the moment this comes out. Keep up the fantastic work and keep us posted!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will go digging if i have to, but I was wondering what some of the swf changes are and why they may be needed?

In particular I have to use 21:9 patchs, DEFUI etc to work with my extra wide screen

I also use Full Dialog interface

What changes with dialogmenu.swf? Is there a way to make it work nice with the dialog change mods?

I love this mod...I really do. If you could perhaps look into why it makes the game CTD if you try and enter the cell just North of Fort Hagen (with the mirelurk pond, scavver trailer, etc.), I would greatly appreciate it. I went through my 150+ mods and found this to be the culprit. Running with no other mods, clean .ini files, clean data directory and with/without DLC, it CTDs every time you enter this cell. Strange because I've never had a interface mod CTD a specific location. Anyhow, keep up the good work. I can send you a vid or w/e if you need more details.

I'll be honest, I was originally checking to see if the Vault Girl Perk Tree mod by RuthlessPeasant had updated, but this popped up on Google, and now I am glad I took a look. This is much further along in development and replaces so much more than just the perk tree. I won't lie when I say I prefer the skimpier outfits RuthlessPeasant has used so far, but from looking at the FO3 and FNV versions of this mod, I am hopeful of things to come. Definitely going to jump in and start using this. You have my Endorsement the moment this comes out. Keep up the fantastic work and keep us posted!

I don't have any plans to make super skimpy or nsfw perks this time around. However there are other modders who've already been doing that. I've been trying to keep pretty faithful to the style of the perks in the game.

I will go digging if i have to, but I was wondering what some of the swf changes are and why they may be needed?

In particular I have to use 21:9 patchs, DEFUI etc to work with my extra wide screen

I also use Full Dialog interface

What changes with dialogmenu.swf? Is there a way to make it work nice with the dialog change mods?

It sounds like those are the two mods that people really want a patch for. The changes I've made to those files are that I swapped the Vault Boy animation and icons held within the file to ones of Vault Girl. For now you can just install those other mods over mine. It will just make those animation Vault Boy again, but the game will run.

I love this mod...I really do. If you could perhaps look into why it makes the game CTD if you try and enter the cell just North of Fort Hagen (with the mirelurk pond, scavver trailer, etc.), I would greatly appreciate it. I went through my 150+ mods and found this to be the culprit. Running with no other mods, clean .ini files, clean data directory and with/without DLC, it CTDs every time you enter this cell. Strange because I've never had a interface mod CTD a specific location. Anyhow, keep up the good work. I can send you a vid or w/e if you need more details.

If it has been a while since you downloaded the mod (like multiple weeks) then you should download it again (I will start number the version of the mod in the future).

Is anyone else having this problem? I went to the location in the past while testing the mod and had no problem. I can test it again next time I get a chance.

Edited by Guest

If it has been a while since you downloaded the mod (like multiple weeks) then you should download it again (I will start number the version of the mod in the future).

Is anyone else having this problem? I went to the location in the past while testing the mod and had no problem. I can test it again next time I get a chance.

I did re-download the mod last night while I was narrowing down the issue. I will try the mod on my other PC which has a clean install with no mods just to make sure it's not conflicting with some remnant or file on my end.

edit: Yea, it worked fine on the other PC so it is on my end...somewhere. Just have to find out what. Sorry, thanks and keep up the good work.

I did re-download the mod last night while I was narrowing down the issue. I will try the mod on my other PC which has a clean install with no mods just to make sure it's not conflicting with some remnant or file on my end.

edit: Yea, it worked fine on the other PC so it is on my end...somewhere. Just have to find out what. Sorry, thanks and keep up the good work.

Maybe see if any of your game files fail to verify? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

I don't have any plans to make super skimpy or nsfw perks this time around. However there are other modders who've already been doing that. I've been trying to keep pretty faithful to the style of the perks in the game.

Thanks for the quick response! Will you by chance be doing skimpy/unzipped versions of the Inventory and Stats screens? Also do you have any future plans to mess with the Quest animation/icons?