Skyrim Guards

DoctorKaizeld

This is true. But I think that having weak guards is more fun because you can mess with them and have better results when you wanna go out and steal a sweetroll

i dont fully agree. especially since they have to fight dragons. the Imperials seem imposing and somewhat strong but you rarely see them in Skyrim which in itself a complaint i have with the game.

i guess an argument could be made that they're supposed to be weaker then the player because dragonborn. yet once you get halfway through you become a figurative god and around the end you pretty much are a god.

But when a dragon does attack isn't it the dragonborn's job to kill it? I personally like having dragons strong enough to kill guards because it kinda gives your character a sense of poer and makes you actually feel like you are playing a hero. Thats just what I prefer though :)

But when a dragon does attack isn't it the dragonborn's job to kill it? I personally like having dragons strong enough to kill guards because it kinda gives your character a sense of poer and makes you actually feel like you are playing a hero. Thats just what I prefer though

i dont mind being a god character in the later parts of the game but at the begining the guards are terrible and hardly ever do they pose a threat to me. i was arrested in the game once and i unlocked my cell and punched all the guards to death on my way out. i was all that high leveled and i never use unarmed so that's kinda an issue to me. also when vampires attack you better get in there because those guards will not win once you start getting vampire masters spawning. oh and the guards are worthless against dragons for everything but getting in your way. i would rather have them at least capable of defending against a dragon and vampire attack at the very least. i dont want them to match me just be difficult.

They should scale until lvl 50 but that's not always the case.
Not really helpful to the topic but I always had the very opposite problem... in my games guards were always too tough, 1 hit killing me every time independent of the level. Eventually I found out it was SkyRe scaling module+combat mods... always hated that... couldnt do anything around them.

they do level but their armor and weapons do not so they will end up being weaker then everything in the game when you reach level 50.

What do you expect?

You take hundreds of arrows to the face and keep looting bandit camps and draugr crypts.

These pansies took one damned arrow to the knee and retired. And still keep sniveling over it.

Tells you all you need to know right there.

What do you expect?

You take hundreds of arrows to the face and keep looting bandit camps and draugr crypts.

These pansies took one damned arrow to the knee and retired. And still keep sniveling over it.

An arrow to the knee can do a great damage to one leg and lowers your mobility to the point you may not be able to run without great pain.

Actually when they say '-then I took an arrow to the knee.' they are saying they settled down and got married.

Actually when they say '-then I took an arrow to the knee.' they are saying they settled down and got married.

Nah, the devs said it just line without any meaning.

So in other words it could mean either one. They probably meant what I said (as that is an existing phrase from before the games release) but didn't want to damage the meme as it is good for business.