Marlin 1894 lever-action rifle

Junnari

The mods could probably be pretty easily made simply be adjusting length for some parts to make the magazine and barrel mods, and making 2 new stocks (for example a fixed wooden stock with AK style design) + a version without the stock to fill the stock options. Add a suppressor, muzzle brake and bayonet, and it'd be pretty much ready model-wise.

Yeah, I don't know what was the point with the change to the gun design, as they had no issues with having slightly altered versions of guns like AR-15, G3 and M79 making appearances in FO3 and NV. Whilst the guns in-game are pretty plausible looking, they have me wondering why is the Commonwealth fighting with 30 years older guns than rest of the wasteland.

Whilst the animations don't really affect the usability of the gun, they still sure make it more enjoyable to watch than having to see static mesh just standing in from of the camera or use animations which make no sense, especially if rest of the guns have plausible animations. Still I'll probably end up releasing it without proper animations and then fix it after I find tools and knowledge on how to import custom animations for it as I could likely end up keeping the mod on hold for a long while otherwise.

Yeah, seems like every other aspect of adding new weapons apart from animations have been already figured out by someone, but hopefully there appears some solution to that issue sooner or later. Anyhow, good luck with the gun, personally liked the seamlessly closing bolt design of 1894 more ;)

Another very desperate way to animate it would be to make it a 1-shot weapon then make it use the hunting/sniper rifle's reload anims, if you'd speed it up a lot I guess it would KINDA look like cocking a lever action, but then you're left with an infinite magazine.....so yeah better to just either use no anims at all and add a sound for imaginary cocking or use the regular bolt action anims.... very sad we are again limited due to lack of imagination (or in case of FO4, too much imagination?) of the weapon designers for the game....honestly though from what I see FO4 modding kicked off WAY better than NV, I think first modelled guns for NV didn't come until like 4-5 months after the game's release.... so there's the chance someone like Hitman will come up with a way to add the anims after GECK is released. By the way, any chance of a shell holder for the boomstick?

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rolex/media/photo-55-1.jpg.html

edit:

vasht, are you the one who made that SAKO hunting rifle for F3 that was included in Book of Earache?.... I remember the store owner from the mod mentioned gun owners/makers using their nicknames from nexus, not sure if I got stuff mixed up though lol.....either way I loved that gun

Edited by Verz

I can't really blame the devs for that part, as even with more different types of weapon animations, the possibilities would still be limited when creating new weapons. What comes to the holder, it's plausible as a stock option with possible bonus to reloading speed, though if the mod reaches the stage of getting custom animations, they will probably remain unaffected by the holder, making it just eye candy.

I can't really blame the devs for that part, as even with more different types of weapon animations, the possibilities would still be limited when creating new weapons. What comes to the holder, it's plausible as a stock option with possible bonus to reloading speed, though if the mod reaches the stage of getting custom animations, they will probably remain unaffected by the holder, making it just eye candy.

I wouldn't say so, the new weapons would be alot easier to adjust if the vanilla weapons were less....Wolfenstein-ish. NV has everything pretty much, standard assault rifles, SMGs, single action revolvers, double action revolvers, bolt-actions, pump-actions, lever-actions, semi auto shotgun.... F4 on the other hand? Pistols, single action revolver, semi auto shotgun, assault rifle (if you count the combat rifle anims as such) bolt action, monstrosity that won't work for anything (assault rifle)....and that's pretty much it. They knew damn well we'd add thousands of guns sooner or later, they better implement a way to edit the anims in GECK somehow at least... or add a weapon of each category in the DLCs

You could use more closer animations as base, true, but you'd still need to modify them assuming you'd be doing something less common or you'd want to make as exact animations as you can. They expanded the weapon mod system in FO4, which I expect to be the main reason why the amount of weapons was reduced so much as it added more diversity to the guns on it's part, making the game require less guns in certain mindset.

• 1 month later...

good stuff so far

Should I be breaking my models down like you for animation? I mean instead of the gun being one object it would be a few like barrel, trigger, etc as seperate pieces?