Unofficial Skyrim patch or Legendary patch?

Murielkai

• 4 months later...

Some of my mods indeed required USKP instead of USLEEP. What I did was manually change the master file requirements for all my conflicting mods using TES5Edit.

In a nutshell, you first need to install both USKP and USLEEP - but do NOT run the game at this point, or it will crash; this is only so that TES5Edit will launch. Once you properly install TES5Edit (look it up on YT, should be easy enough), you launch it and let it find all of your mods. Then you go at each individual mod you need to edit, go to its File Header and look at its masters. It'll say "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp", but you want to change it to "Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp" by right-clicking and selecting "edit". It'll give you a warning; ignore it, but do be careful when typing the correct file name. Finally, exit TES5Edit and make sure to save when it asks you.

Before you run the game, make sure that the red warning signs have been removed from the *.esp files of your previously conflicting mods and that now you see USLEEP in the master files as opposed to USKP. Also, DO NOT FORGET TO DEACTIVATE USKP; we only needed it for TES5Edit to launch.

I'm no mod expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but it has worked for me.

Edited by pmchsaini

• 1 month later...

pmchsaini is correct.. While in TESVEdit, you can also right click on the files requiring any masters to be added and simply click on ADD MASTERS and select USLEEP from the list that pops up. You will still need to goto the File Header and remove UKSP as a dependent master if you use the right click method. However, his way is much quicker by renaming UKSP to the USLEEP patch. Like he said, though, make sure you spell anything correctly when you use his method. Also, if you find yourself changing other File Headers to include/remove masters.. it wouldn't hurt to right click that mod listed on the left and use the SORT MASTERS options. If you don't, your computer isn't going to blow up or anything! It just aides the loading process to load smoother when the masters are sorted and everything loads in a similar fashion. It can reduce load times if you have many mods which you've had to add/remove masters from. In case you've done this to many files.. you can left click on the top file in left pane.. then scroll down to the last file and while pressing SHIFT + CTRL, left click to highlight the whole left pane, then do a right click and select SORT MASTERS and it will sort the masters on ALL the changed files in one step. When you exit TESVEdit, don't forget to leave all the changed files checked or they won't save the changes!! Good luck!

• 9 months later...

Would this method also work for mods that require USSEP? I mean changing them to USLEEP?

Edited by txchimama

• 1 month later...

There is no difference between the Legendary Edition of Skyrim and Skyrim with all the DLCs. If you're missing that 0.8 on your Skyrim version you may need to update through steam or it's possible steam just doesn't display the full number.

The Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP) requires all DLC. It is up to date and should absolutely be used instead of USKP (you cannot use both).

If you do not have all DLC you will have to use the USKP and the patches for the DLC you do have, but you will not be able to use the current version of mods that need USLEEP.

If you have some mods that use USKP, you can update them to use USLEEP with this tool: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71316/?

Any idea on where to still get the USKP? Scoped out the i.net but only found Legendary or SE version. Just got DB ´n´ DG lately and cuz of general clunkyness n unstableness i used that for a clean reset to vanilla and fresh reinstallment of mods. But since i dont have Hearthfire i still need vanilla vers. + patches.

Nvm found it^^

Edited by Krepel