Potentially good place for a player home.

NDDragor

Yeah, that idea with the hidden player home in the city sounds good. Its not bad to have a safe spot for hiding, resting or dropping some gear somewhere in the middle of the city. And by making it an interior cell I wont have to change anything in the vanilla world.

You will since you have to place a sewer or basement door or something, and some kind of a handy landmark since finding it seems hard.

That is still better then deleting trees or flattening the ground. And I could just place an invisible door on a static door, so there wont be any visible changes.

Well a few places I thought of:

1) Top floor of the Mass Fusion Building - Pretty much set up and lots of space, just needs cleaned off, some decoration, maybe even a teleporting feature.

2) Diamond City - Similar to how the Mayor's office is set up or even like a dugout. Set it up somewhere like where the food stands are. It can even have an external entrance there.

3) Sewer / Subway Station - For the survivalist. Plenty of spots where a subway station or sewer entrance is buried in ruble. Clear it and build away.

4) Any boarded up building - As others have said, there are a lot of buildings that aren't being used. You can pretty much choose the one you like most and go from there.

Personally, if I want a player home, I am going for an instance: somewhere I can zone in and be teleported to a brand new cell where I can do whatever I want without worrying about boundary.

Because, honestly, don't you already have enough settlements as open world player home already? I doubt I am able to spend time to build each and every of them into something half decent. Not nice, but supposedly sustainable ... some living area, some food, some defenses.... etc.... And I still have a few more settlements I have yet to claim/help out.

Because, honestly, don't you already have enough settlements as open world player home already?

That the problem, they need to be built, have a chance of attacks, settlers, loud because of power, shabby, sometimes dirty, hard for some, buggy, don't stop the rain and some RPs are not suited to be builder.

Personally, if I want a player home, I am going for an instance: somewhere I can zone in and be teleported to a brand new cell where I can do whatever I want without worrying about boundary.

Because, honestly, don't you already have enough settlements as open world player home already? I doubt I am able to spend time to build each and every of them into something half decent. Not nice, but supposedly sustainable ... some living area, some food, some defenses.... etc.... And I still have a few more settlements I have yet to claim/help out.

Thats why I want to make a player home. I had quite some fun with the settlements but now they have gotten annoying. I think it doesn't matter if its a closed interior or a quite location somewhere in the worldspace. I just want a small place for me where I can store my stuff and do some crafting, without having to take care of settlers, attackers or building up an infrastructure.

Thats why I want to make a player home. I had quite some fun with the settlements but now they have gotten annoying. I think it doesn't matter if its a closed interior or a quite location somewhere in the worldspace. I just want a small place for me where I can store my stuff and do some crafting, without having to take care of settlers, attackers or building up an infrastructure.

Gotcha!

For the mean time, I chose Redrock as my personal hideout. Nobody is there. The movie drive in place is pretty cool too as it starts out with zero settler. I mean, they are my temporary solution for now until something nice coming along.

Oh, I remember in Skyrim we got 2 different versions of Airships to play with. They are functional flyable airship instead of just a floating home (there are a few mods like that too). But since they were airship they were flying platform, so they fly super slow, maybe a good or bad thing for some people. For me, it wasn't quite as refined or cozy enough at the time to make it a player home. My home was a Gypsy Caravan: a horse pulling cart with roof, can be expanded into a tiny settlement anywhere with full storage and all crafting stations (compact version of course).

This one

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33219/?

This is one big reason I want to return to Skyrim so much. When I want to change the scenery I change the scenery: pack up and leave. I doubt I will ever get enough skill to mod something like this in Fallout 4, but I do hope for such a thing. But a cart pulled by a brahmin is a bit too ghetto for modern day stuff. So maybe a trailer home or RC, don't mind if they drive terribly slow. Oh haha, what about a non-motorized trailer home, and you have to use Power Armor to pull it when you want to move, spending fusion core and all. Now you can become the horse.

Anyway, I am going to stop before my imagination goes too wild.