18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate it?

• One of the greatest game I have ever played
    • A damn good game
    • Eh, it's okay
    • It needs a lot of work
    • Absolute crap. I hate it.

So I just finished Metro 2033 and here is word for word my review:

"Okay, well first of all let me start by saying that when this game isn't completely stupid, it's downright impossible.

The first flaw in the game are the ghosts. I don't believe in ghosts. My room mate does so I've actually sat down and watched several episodes of Ghost Hunters. They still haven't proven that they existed. So any game that has ghosts in them instantly loses credibility with me, except Ghostbusters.Great movie, fun game.

The next part that really upsets me are the "Librarian" monsters. You can't hide from them because you have to stare at them to get them not to attack you. You can't fight them because they're damn near indestructible. I spent every last shotgun shell I had trying to kill one, I finally do and 3 more pop in from out of nowhere. Oh, and I forgot to mention that they can kill you in 1 blow even on the easiest setting. I don't like many of the monsters on there because they can usually kill you with two to three blows and the weaker ones that are easy to kill gang up on you in groups of 6 or more. So you end up wasting every precious bullet just trying to stay alive long enough to get to the next Metro and buy more ammo which is EXTREMELY RARE.

Finally, I don't like the "Dark Ones". They get in your mind and try to tell you that they want peace and that they want to try to understand and help mankind and then they turn around and send the weaker monsters to wipe out entire civilian populated areas. That sends a very clear message to me that they want to wipe us out regardless of what they tell you when they're in your head. So at the end of the game, when you're given the choice to save them or wipe them out with a Nuclear Missile strike what do you think I did? Of course, I wiped them out.

Now the one and only redeeming factor of this game that made it playable to me is the human on human conflict. That was fun, realistic and challenging without being ridiculous. The game does have some beautiful graphics and a great physics engine but as far as the gameplay and the story go. It's absolute crap. This game should've stayed in the Metro. I know my copy will."

Overall Rating: 3 out of 10

Maybe my point of view on the game is completely skewed so I wanted to know what you guys thought of it.

Edited by VincentIcarus

I thought that it was alright. I got it on Steam when it was on sale.

My version came with the "Ranger Pack" add-on, and so I found the gauss-rifle-like gun right at the start, making the game fairly easy.

It had it's moments. The atmosphere of the game when I was outside was brilliant - it actually made me feel like the world had gone to hell and back, and I had to watch my back for an ever present danger.

But then again, there were some parts of the game that were downright silly. For instance, when you need to stealth your way into the bandit camp to rescue what's-his'name (I honestly can't remember his name; it's been ages since I've played), but you can usually get through simply by blasting everything in your way.

It had that "STALKER" atmosphere about it, but it didn't have much replay value, so I give it a 6/10.

I didn't like it too much the first time, but I later found out that there are so many explanations for things that occur in this game that you don't even notice first playthrough. Yeah, it is kind of weird most of the time, but hell we don't know what would actually happen if the world was bombed by nuclear hellfire. So, with that justification, I suppose any company that creates a post apocalyptic game is allowed to do almost whatever they want. I don't believe in ghosts either, but that part of the game was more of a walk and talk then anything else. You only fought anything when right before you walk into that first train. Anyhow, I played that game through i think about three times, and I learned more about everything that was going on in the game. I will admit, it is a very confusing and hard to get into game, but if you do manage to get into it is pretty fun. 7.5/10

P.S. You know you can run through that whole library part where those gorilla things are and not get killed or waste ammo? That was what I did, those things are pretty hard to kill.

I don't like games where you die every five minutes. Games should be fun and there is no fun in redoing the same part over and over again because the enemies are nearly indestructible and your weapons are so weak you'd be better off using harsh language. It looked very nice but was about as enjoyable as having your teeth pulled, I voted for the last option.

game was fabulous i was enjoying every moment of story i give it 9.5/10!

To understand game it takes a while but when realize whole beauty of it it simply makes happy and takes breath for seconds to wait for next part for game :) i do hope Metro 2044 will be twice better :)

game was fabulous i was enjoying every moment of story i give it 9.5/10!

To understand game it takes a while but when realize whole beauty of it it simply makes happy and takes breath for seconds to wait for next part for game :) i do hope Metro 2044 will be twice better :)

Are they making a game for that? and i am pretty sure its 2034 :biggrin:

Yeah, I might actually play Metro 2034 because they've already stated that they're going with the Nuclear Strike on the Dark People ending. So I'm hoping that it will have a lot of fighting with the Nazi's. They've also already stated that you're playing as Hunter. The Ranger that went missing at the very beginning of the game. He's the reason you left the Metro in the first place. So hopefully, it'll be about the Reds taking the Metro back from the Nazi's if so, I'll definitely play it but if it's the same s**t with a newer, shinier wrapping on it then you can definitely count me out. Oh, and expect a Metro 2034 trailer at E3 this year.

Yeah, I might actually play Metro 2034 because they've already stated that they're going with the Nuclear Strike on the Dark People ending. So I'm hoping that it will have a lot of fighting with the Nazi's. They've also already stated that you're playing as Hunter. The Ranger that went missing at the very beginning of the game. He's the reason you left the Metro in the first place. So hopefully, it'll be about the Reds taking the Metro back from the Nazi's if so, I'll definitely play it but if it's the same s**t with a newer, shinier wrapping on it then you can definitely count me out. Oh, and expect a Metro 2034 trailer at E3 this year.

Huh, cool. Didn't know they were making another game. I personally love the post-apocalyptic genre of just about anything. I also wondered what happened to Hunter because they just left you to assume he died or something.