Resurrect your wife/husband. Mod - DLC side quest. What do you think?

Ignis010

:laugh: Lol.

I played attentively through opening scene, and found that there are a lot of voiced "hey, hon" variations. ^_^

But yeah, it'd be difficult to do any Dialogue/Quest edits until we can really see the trees and branches to edit the text/voice files. Still pretty daunting, but I'd daresay it could be a lot more interesting due to the amount of content to pick from.

Agree, but still, such treads can be useful somehow for mod creators, I hope!

Also, this time I payed extreme attention at dialogue, related to spouse's murder, and found, that there not so many lines about that. As far, as I went, I found 1st Codseworth dialogue + couple of his "What do you think?" replicas, 1 dialogue with Preston (when you visit him in Sanctuary for the first time), 1 dialogue when you meet Nick Valentine and 1 in his agency, also "Memory den" quest. As for now, i talked with everyone in Diamond city, Sanctuary and Goodneighbor, and progress until meeting with Nick in his agency. So, I guess, it's rather small amount of lines. I honestly thought, that it will be much bigger. :dance:

Edited by Lee5Lee

I'm sure, Gary can speak evrything, he just prefer to express himself in this self-sufficient way.

Also, idea is kinda creepy. Butt I'd like to see a player character, who wants to have such sidekick, must be kinda interesting person.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about 95% certain I am going to do this in my companion mod. I doubt there will be only 1 way to save your spouse, but the easiest/default way I am thinking of right now is that you bring Robot Curie to the cryo-pod. Curie... which is a travelling Mechanical doctor companion complete with hacksaw and lasers, shouldn't have an issue repairing a chest wound and saving your spouse there on the spot. The challenge wont be saving your partner in a realistic manner (and early on if you focus on the right skills). It will be creating the commentary and interactions that should take place throughout the game if your spouse is present. (and fixing a few dialogues where you refer to your dead spouse). I could also see the protagonist asking many doctors throughout the wasteland for help. Some will simply turn you down, others may be willing to help in their own way. (Amari may not be able to save your spouse, but might be able to upload their mind into a synth for example... and if that is the case, there is no reason it has to be the original gender...)

Finally, in the wasteland, you and your spouse may not agree on all things... especially the fate of your son. So I could see this leading to some very cool, emotionally heavy choices and disagreements. Of coarse if your spouse is in a synth body, you may possess an unfair advantage.

• 2 months later...

I'm about 95% certain I am going to do this in my companion mod. I doubt there will be only 1 way to save your spouse, but the easiest/default way I am thinking of right now is that you bring Robot Curie to the cryo-pod. Curie... which is a travelling Mechanical doctor companion complete with hacksaw and lasers, shouldn't have an issue repairing a chest wound and saving your spouse there on the spot. The challenge wont be saving your partner in a realistic manner (and early on if you focus on the right skills). It will be creating the commentary and interactions that should take place throughout the game if your spouse is present. (and fixing a few dialogues where you refer to your dead spouse). I could also see the protagonist asking many doctors throughout the wasteland for help. Some will simply turn you down, others may be willing to help in their own way. (Amari may not be able to save your spouse, but might be able to upload their mind into a synth for example... and if that is the case, there is no reason it has to be the original gender...)

Finally, in the wasteland, you and your spouse may not agree on all things... especially the fate of your son. So I could see this leading to some very cool, emotionally heavy choices and disagreements. Of coarse if your spouse is in a synth body, you may possess an unfair advantage.

Modding tools are not out yet, so the question may seem rushed, but are you still planning to make the mod? I know lotsa people are waiting for bringing back Nora/Nate from the dead :)

I'm sure, Gary can speak evrything, he just prefer to express himself in this self-sufficient way.

Also, idea is kinda creepy. Butt I'd like to see a player character, who wants to have such sidekick, must be kinda interesting person.

EXACTLY!

Guys, are we gonna ignore the whole cryo-sleep suspended animation thing?

if she got frozen post-shot, she could be slowly bleeding out for 40 years. open up the pod. jam in a stimpack and give a blood transfusion and she'd be right as rain.

as for the fact that the spouse is present, I honestly don't feel like there's that big of a difference between "killing my wife" "Trying to kill my wife" and the like. the other alternative is unlock them after the whole story is done? maybe somebody finds a nano-medic thing as part of the institiute wreck? or the like? that way a lot of the "he killed her!" isn't important?

besides that, the option to use existing player lines as follower dialouge is also available. so the

"radiation suit? screw that I'm going in naked maybe I'll get super powers" could be used when the rads are clicking.

which almost makes me feel like they need to make a "personality" version so that Nora and Nate have different likes and dislikes, as well as choosing different dialogue possibilities. there's probably enough versions of "I love yous" that a romance option seems feasible.

"your thoughts?"

Edited by Ekayne

For the sake of continuity, I'm going to refer to both potential PCs as Nate/Nora in this post.

From my understanding, Bethsoft didn't put in a whole lot of wiggle room for Nate and Nora to be undergoing too much marital strife. I don't know how much meaningful dialogue can be gleaned that registers mild disaproval versus grudging support, as it seems like the only dialogue options for players are extremes, which might make the NPC seem rather bipolar when dealing with a nuanced situation.

And let's not forget that the PC can only ever be "potentially bi" and never fully heterosexual or homosexual, whatever that knowledge is worth.