Custom Creature takes no damage

Preowned

Lots of info, but most notably is

defense bonus: 165/155

Seem to decrease when I summed a new one and scale reset to .9 (this could be due to a spell that adds 10% armor rating)

When I get more time (bout to sleep) I will post screen shot of info and I will try to find:

What is this Defense bonus? How/dose it effect attacks on the Creature?

Edited by Preowned

Lots of info, but most notably is

defense bonus: 165/155

Seem to decrease when I summed a new one and scale reset to .9 (this could be due to a spell that adds 10% armor rating)

When I get more time (bout to sleep) I will post screen shot of info and I will try to find:

What is this Defense bonus? How/dose it effect attacks on the Creature?

That is exactly why you are doing no damage. A summoned Daedroth should not have any bonuses except for 33 Resist Fire and -20 Shock. That defend bonus is like having Uber armour -- maximum armour defence is 85. A bonus of 100 is invulnerable to weapons, your Daedroth is above invulnerable.

Remember that 'Defense Bonus' is above and beyond normal armour defenses; like a buff.

well f***. :confused:

I have NO idea what is causing such a high defense bonus, only thing that increases defense is the below normal 10 shield that it casts on its self.

There is a constant ability that adds:

10 spell resistance

30% magic resistance

10% fire resistance

500% weakness to normal weapons (that was me trying to fix this, will change it and other stats by the end)

what modify defense bonus? I will try to find what is causing it after I sleep.

(and thanks for the help :thumbsup: )

well f***. :confused:

I have NO idea what is causing such a high defense bonus, only thing that increases defense is the below normal 10 shield that it casts on its self.

There is a constant ability that adds:

10 spell resistance

30% magic resistance

10% fire resistance

500% weakness to normal weapons (that was me trying to fix this, will change it and other stats by the end)

what modify defense bonus? I will try to find what is causing it after I sleep.

(and thanks for the help :thumbsup: )

Spell resistance, magic resistance and fire resistance, when added as buffs, all contribute to the defend bonus. If you want your summoned creature to last longer I suggest giving it more health rather than buffs.

Just another of my 'off the walls' ... could Mart's Monster Mod be getting into this?

It's possible, but without knowing more it's hard to say how. I would be more inclined to look at Midas Spells since it appears to be a buff causing it -- could be user created. Trouble is I don't use either, so I can't look any deeper.

I got rid of the ability buffs, It had no effect on the creatures defense.

At this point, I think I am going to remake the spell and creature, not add any buffs but the default ones and see what comes out.

also, is there any way to check what defense bonus will be from the Editor?

Ok, I remade the creature.

Seems to work fine now.

Kinda strange that even after I took off the ability I added that the defense stayed the same.

Thanks for all the help folks. :)

I was not planing on posting this on any sites, but if any wants it, say so, and I will upload it.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Preowned

Ok, I remade the creature.

Seems to work fine now.

Kinda strange that even after I took of the ability I added that the defense stayed the same.

Thanks for all the help folks. :)

Good to know. Thanks for posting the results. :thumbsup: