Custom Creature takes no damage

Preowned

Spell resistance, magic resistance and fire resistance, when added as buffs, all contribute to the defend bonus. If you want your summoned creature to last longer I suggest giving it more health rather than buffs.

I can say that for magic resistance, (when added as different spell/ability then default resistance) dose NOT increase defense.

I tested this on the new one I made, (I backed up, for obvs. reasons) And there was no effect on the defense bonus.

Just posting for your info.

Spell resistance, magic resistance and fire resistance, when added as buffs, all contribute to the defend bonus. If you want your summoned creature to last longer I suggest giving it more health rather than buffs.

I can say that for magic resistance, (when added as different spell/ability then default resistance) dose NOT increase defense.

I tested this on the new one I made, (I backed up, for obvs. reasons) And there was no effect on the defense bonus.

Yes, I should have been much clearer on this. What I meant to say was that spell resistance in the form of a shield, ie. 'Fire Shield', 'Frost Shield', 'Shock Shield' and 'Shield' affects the Defend Bonus. Also, Luck as a buff affects most attributes, including Armour Rating.

Yes, I should have been much clearer on this. What I meant to say was that spell resistance in the form of a shield, ie. 'Fire Shield', 'Frost Shield', 'Shock Shield' and 'Shield' affects the Defend Bonus. Also, Luck as a buff affects most attributes, including Armour Rating.

Which is why it is far more effective to enchant armor with elemental shield effects than plain shield effect. Plain shield works against plain bashing attacks only ... elemental shield provides the anti-bash as well as elemental shield, two for the price of one (and maybe that's why I had to try so many times to get an elemental shield sigil stones vs plain shield ... went through a lot of reloaded saves in my 60 gate marathon).

Which is why it is far more effective to enchant armor with elemental shield effects than plain shield effect. Plain shield works against plain bashing attacks only ... elemental shield provides the anti-bash as well as elemental shield, two for the price of one (and maybe that's why I had to try so many times to get an elemental shield sigil stones vs plain shield ... went through a lot of reloaded saves in my 60 gate marathon).

I'm still holding out for a Flame Ring (100% Resist Fire) so that I can swim across the lava in Oblivion planes. :)

I'm still holding out for a Flame Ring (100% Resist Fire) so that I can swim across the lava in Oblivion planes. :)

OOoooooooo. Now THAT sounds like an interesting idea. :D

I've been lucky in my scrounging ... I have the Frost Ring, Flame Ring and Storm Ring. I hardly ever wear them (for one I'd be overburdened immediately after taking off one of my custom feather rings ... I'm a pack rat). The collector in me can't pass by a pretty bauble (aka So many rings, so few fingers). :tongue:

Indeed it dose, I have also figured out that it stacked on my creature ever time I summed him.

IE:

frost/fire/shock shield (magnitude 25) as an ability. First time I summon the defense is 25.

The next time I summon, Defense is 50. Next it is 75. so on.

Strange, I guess some ability spells(aka always active) will stack on them self with this script/summon.

Indeed it dose, I have also figured out that it stacked on my creature ever time I summed him.

IE:

frost/fire/shock shield (magnitude 25) as an ability. First time I summon the defense is 25.

Strange, I guess some ability spells(aka always active) will stack on them self with this script/summon.

I didn't realise they would stack. As you mention, it is probably to do with summoned creatures. The answer, I guess, is not to give them shield abilities.

IE:

I didn't realise they would stack. As you mention, it is probably to do with summoned creatures. The answer, I guess, is not to give them shield abilities.

Ya,

Kinda too bad, giving them physical defense is useful.

Just added it thro a Spell tho, so that works too. :rolleyes: