Skyrim Character Overhaul mod. [Realism/new races]

AerynRavanna

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I withdrew from skywind and skyrim character modding since last summer. Is skyrim still played by enough people to make this character overhaul even desired? Its a crap load of work.

Here are the Steam Charts stats on Skyrim's current player count. It's pretty reasonable for a game this old, especially if you combine the two versions of it. I suggest doing whatever you makes the happiest, not just what others may want.

Link: http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=skyrim

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so 30 million players who play once a month at least, am I reading that right? Only 20k hardcore players left?
Yeah this sounds worth while.
Ok paid work will take 80% of my time, but I start taking a look at the character overhaul mod, perhaps release a simple version in a few months.

Heres what I got to last time, was testing Orc species:
15350443_1302086476478566_45544715464900

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I do hope that this is still in the works, getting back into Skyrim now that the modding experience has improved and would love to have a mod that truly overhauls the character models.
And I'm sure that with Skywind and the Beyond Skyrim projects this mod would get alot of attention

Edited by Iccotak

• 2 years later...

Is this project still happening? I'd still like to see it :laugh:

I recently made more progress in a short space of time. But due to terrible health issues and struggling with paid work, I really need help from someone who can re-teach me ingame testing.

I learned how to do hair, but specifically for skyrim engine/SE (true planes dont work)

Not sure if I should make a new topic though, i'll just post these here for now.

PEW section: Phonemes/Expressions(emotions)/Wrinkles.

This sets the universal loops/topology for skin folds. Each race/gender/age-range must use the same.

Most visible on old people.

(This also creates the detail overlay, ie, 40s/50s skin, roughness)

High res emotional morph targets (would work better for another game engine, but can still extract details from this to combine with low poly ingame targets)

ArT-Emotions.gif

ArT-Phonemes.gif

Already did the orc teeth and horns for the face.

Finished the human teeth for now.

unknown.png?width=1440&height=500

(British is a joke, a self-depricating one, my teeth are horrible)

Teeth detail will depend on the Race subtype. (Ie, Nord player, Nord hero, realistic teeth, or peasant/begger teeth.)

Nothing worse than a desperate beggar with teeth like a hollywood actor. What the hell bethesda?

Ive also set up 20 hair styles that replace the orginals. There will be slightly less options per race, but more variety.

[EDIT: This work was originally for another game I was working on, so the highest quality/detail versions go to them, but the stuff I can extract from this modular system is what I'm using for ArT, Advanced/additional races of Tamriel.]

Oh yeah I also discovered that if you FORCE tri-sorting on vanilla skyrim hair, true opacity planes of hair work.

Usually, it doesnt, which is why bethesda used 4844 (1 bit transparency that mip-maps horriblly)

But the lighting system doesnt allow for error-free rendering

ScreenShot3.jpg?width=400&height=260

Edited by AerynRavanna