DDoS attack on sites [Updated]

Dark0ne

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dzordzbuzs: No. A DDOS attack just stops you from being able to access the site by sending so many requests for access that everyone else gets an unable to connect message when they try.

Somebody should attack his site here

I disagree. You should do the worst thing possible to them.....ignore them. That drives them crazy when they start to figure out that they are so insignificant that they don't even matter. Plus that site in your link only has 12 members. I would hope the Nexus supporters would have enough class not to even bother. It sounds like Dark0ne is on top of it as usual so I am going back to enjoying the Nexus with a microsecond laugh at the flea biting the ankle of the Elephant.

@Dzordzbuzs: No. A DDOS attack just stops you from being able to access the site by sending so many requests for access that everyone else gets an unable to connect message when they try.

But the DDoS attack would effectively stop the web update, causing those errors, right?

On another note: Don't know how it is in Latvia, but if you put a message like that on twitter where I live, you might expect a visit from the police within 1 or 2 days.

Don't know where the instigator lives, but there's currently a lively debate in the USA as to whether DDoS attacks are actually criminal since it can be considered a valid form of protest.

Similar in Real Life to picketing a business.

Edited by Offkorn

Bunch of savages in this world.

Do your crime, do your time, like a man. Obviously, we're dealing with someone quite spoiled and uneducated in the ways of the world. Good riddance.

Good work on the issue Rob! :)

I noticed the MySQL errors earlier today, but I figured it was something that would soon be fixed, and as always, yes it was! ;)

And a big thank you to the guys at Krystal as well! If I'm ever in need of hosting, I'll go straight to you!

Stupid kid who thought he would get back in with a DDos attack on the site! If I know Rob right, he'll never get back here, that's for sure - and that serves him right!

And I agree with XTR3M368, do NOT sink as low as him by attacking his site as well, people! (I know Rob agrees with us as well on this one.)