[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

Hello,

Â

I've started trying to customize mator smash rules to individual plugins. But I've run into what appears to be a snag.

Â

Race/Male Head Data/Race Presets Male/RPRM - Preset NPC Isn't an option to select. The only options under "Sex" Head Data is MNAM , FNAM, and NAM0. Is this because RPRM is an unordered list?

Â

Expanded Skyrim Presets ESPv1_1.esp adds a number of nice presets, but the rule of one is fisking up all all the other mods changes to the Race record. I was trying to sterilize ESPv1_1.esp.Â

Â

Please add the RPRM - Preset NPC to the records that can be smashed. That is, if unordered lists are even doable. Thank you. I know you're deep in other projects, but I wanted to get this on the to-do list.

All facegen data should be preserved from the last loaded plug-in that modifies it to prevent the gray face bug. I don't think you have to set rules for this

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm definitely getting a bug with current version. Whenever I close and reopen Mator Smash. The Settings column of the Plugins tab seems to forget my last settings. The Patch column seems to remember the patch assigned and whether it was assigned or blank.

But the settings column seems to randomly drop assigned values. Whether I set it as skip or whether set up a special setting. I'll re-open MS and find the settings column all back to setting "mysmashall" with random mods still having manual values. Most skip settings are lost, except for the bottom of the load order. The only mods that remembered their skip setting were the bottom 8 mods, 5 which were set to skip.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mator, I can't find XCLR (regions) under Worldspace in the settings tab. It shows up for cells just fine (I'm smashing a merged mod which includes the USLEEP compliant Unique Regions names mod.

I have looked inside every node under Worldspace, so I don't see how I messed up.

One other thing (I know I mentioned it before and I did click the tab) Smash still doesn't automatically merge redundant plugins for me. I checked everything and all the entries from those redundant mods went in correctly, Smash just doesn't merge it automatically.

These are minor things, the software looks like it is doing everything it should. I'm really impressed by its stability and speed. Thanks Mator

This started as a question about using the lazy merge, but while typing I lost my original point, so now I guess it's a usage report. :) This is a mostly automatic merge with a few added tags such as NPC.faces.

One of the great things about the Mator patch is that it caught some NPC AI package data conflicts that TES5Edit has always ignored. Nice.

But it has some other issues that I haven't had to deal with, with a TES5Edit merge.

For example: activators in CCOR & SIC. CCOR adds a couple of script properties. SIC overrides back to default. The CCO_SIC patch fixes that. TES5Edit ignores this, which is good. Mator Smash grabs all of the Activators (MineOre*), and undoes the changes. The nice thing is that every activator is wrong, so I can just delete whole ACTI node, but it would be a bummer if I had to go through every one.

Another issue is with CELLs. For example, USLEEP & Cutting Room Floor disagree with Palaces & Castles Enhanced. This is expected, since the Palaces mod redesigns the Windhelm palace. Smash wants to revert the DATA flags, removing the water flag that Palaces Enhanced added. OTOH, Smash seems to like the Immersive College of Winterhold, and has pulled it's changes into the patch. In either case, it would be best to just leave those cells out of the patch (in the good case it accomplishes nothing, in the bad it incorrectly supersedes a mod).

In a couple of other CELL cases, it appears to do the right thing, and caught conflicts I didn't even know existed.

For Perks, Weapon & Armor Fixes Remade and Stealth Skills Rebalanced both load before Ordinator, but Smash is overriding the Ordinator settings. That seems like the kind of thing that shouldn't happen without user intervention. It did show that I loaded the wrong version of SSR, though. Oops.

Also, for LCTN records, USLEEP and CRF are given preference over ETaC, and at least some ETaC changes get reverted.

Finally, has there been any talk about creating a tag repository? It would be nice to quickly be able to apply tags to common mods. I know that we should all be aware of what each mod is doing, but some mods have a lot of data, or ramifications that aren't obvious. And I occasionally like to take time off from modding to actually play the game. ;)

• 1 month later...

It seems that your program looks at time stamps when sorting the load order. I have a few instances where it will not load a plugin if the time stamp of the master esp/esm is equal to or later than the dependent esp/esm. iNeed and iNeed - Extended are an example. Both plugins have an identical time stamp according to Wrye Smash, but are correctly loaded by Skyrim, LOOT and NMM. Something to consider. Looking forward to further updates :smile:

Edit: This appears to be more complicated than I initially thought. I have the same problem with Enhanced Blood and its addon Reduced Wound size, which is set to one second later. So no idea why it is doing this. The load order in Mator Smash does not even resemble my load order. Strangely enough, saving iNeed - Extended does fix the problem with iNeed.

Also, when I create a patch it won't let me open it in Explorer (Windows 10). It says "Directories invalid". I cannot locate the file. Running it as admin.

Edited by ArtaiosGreybark

It seems that your program looks at time stamps when sorting the load order. I have a few instances where it will not load a plugin if the time stamp of the master esp/esm is equal to or later than the dependent esp/esm. iNeed and iNeed - Extended are an example. Both plugins have an identical time stamp according to Wrye Smash, but are correctly loaded by Skyrim, LOOT and NMM. Something to consider. Looking forward to further updates :smile:

Edit: This appears to be more complicated than I initially thought. I have the same problem with Enhanced Blood and its addon Reduced Wound size, which is set to one second later. So no idea why it is doing this. The load order in Mator Smash does not even resemble my load order. Strangely enough, saving iNeed - Extended does fix the problem with iNeed.

Also, when I create a patch it won't let me open it in Explorer (Windows 10). It says "Directories invalid". I cannot locate the file. Running it as admin.

I need to update the load order logic to sort by the file age (date attribute) for Wrye Bash.

Heya Mator! Happy New Year!

I'm glad to see you're still updating Smash because I've been sitting on a few discrepancies that I was hoping you might take a look at. Most of the time MatorSmash behaves exactly the way I expect it to, but there's often a handful of records that don't forward to the patch as expected.

My latest smash log and settings can be found here: http://dropcanvas.com/dtivu

The list of records I'm having trouble with are listed below:

The following records are not being forwarded to the smash patch:
(There is some overlap between SoS and WAO in cases where neither record was able to forward its XCAS data to the smash patch.)
SoS - The Dungeons.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space
Block 2; Sub-Block 1; 00015254 YsgramorsTomb01
Block 5; Sub-Block 8; 0007FCDD BlackreachSewer01
Block 7; Sub-Block 6; 00015227 ReachcliffCave01
Block 7; Sub-Block 8; 00047817 SkyboundPass01
SoS - Civilization.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space
Block 0; Sub-Block 2; 0002D3E8 GoldenglowEstate02
Block 0; Sub-Block 6; 00097298 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs02
Block 0; Sub-Block 7; 000165B2 WhiterunHouseGrayMane
Block 1; Sub-Block 3; 00016207 BattleBornFarm
Block 1; Sub-Block 6; 00097299 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs01
Block 2; Sub-Block 5; 00087764 HighHrothgar
Block 3; Sub-Block 2; 000161FF GoldenglowEstate01
Block 4; Sub-Block 7; 000198E2 DushnikhYalLonghouse
Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 0006DAA0 ThalmorEmbassy04
Block 4; Sub-Block 9; 00016DFE MarkarthSilverBloodInn
Block 5; Sub-Block 5; 000165A3 WhiterunDragonsreach
Block 6; Sub-Block 0; 0001605E WhiterunBanneredMare
Block 6; Sub-Block 2; 0001677A WindhelmBloodworks
Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse
Block 7; Sub-Block 9; 00013A71 FlakreachHouseofArkay
Block 7; Sub-Block 9; 00053081 RiftenBlacksmith
Block 9; Sub-Block 9; 00013A73 FalkreathLodsHouse
WAO - Weather and Ambience Overhaul.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space
Block 0; Sub-Block 2; 0002D3E8 GoldenglowEstate02
Block 0; Sub-Block 6; 00097298 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs02
Block 1; Sub-Block 6; 00097299 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs01
Block 2; Sub-Block 5; 00087764 HighHrothgar
Block 3; Sub-Block 2; 000161FF GoldenglowEstate01
Block 4; Sub-Block 7; 000198E2 DushnikhYalLonghouse
Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 0006DAA0 ThalmorEmbassy04
Block 5; Sub-Block 5; 000165A3 WhiterunDragonsreach
Block 5; Sub-Block 8; 0007FCDD BlackreachSewer01
Block 6; Sub-Block 2; 0001677A WindhelmBloodworks
Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse
Block 7; Sub-Block 6; 00015227 ReachcliffCave01
Block 7; Sub-Block 9; 00013A71 FlakreachHouseofArkay
Block 9; Sub-Block 9; 00013A73 FalkreathLodsHouse
ELFXEnhancer plus College of Winterhold lighting.esp
(merged esp from ELFXEnhancer with Immersive College of Winterhold's lighting patch for ELFX)
Block 2; Sub-Block 1; 00015254 YsgramorsTomb01; XWEM - Water Environment Map
Block 2; Sub-Block 6; 00015276 FaldarsTooth01; XCLL - Lighting
Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 00013860 RoriksteadFrostfruitInn; XCLL - Lighting
Block 4; Sub-Block 9; 00016DFE MarkarthSilverBloodInn; XCLL - Lighting
Block 5; Sub-Block 5; 000165A3 WhiterunDragonsreach; XCLL - Lighting
Block 6; Sub-Block 0; 0001605E WhiterunBanneredMare; XCLL - Lighting, XCIM - Image Space
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse; XOWN - Owner

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by vlainstrike

Sorry if there's something I missed but doesn't Skyrim have a new sorting system that does not go by time stamps? Wasn't that the whole point?