[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

I spent a significant amount of my own time organizing an error report for your benefit, and uploaded logs that would help you improve your software. Is there a reason you continue to ignore the info I have provided?

I don't really understand the issue. I'm used to people presenting a screenshot of the conflict view from xEdit and a screenshot of the smash setting they're using for troubleshooting. Without that I honestly have no idea what errors you're experiencing, and cannot do anything to troubleshoot. My only option then is to make a guess and generate a smashed patch with the exact same plugins you used, open TES5Edit, and see if I have an issue. This takes a good chunk of time (up to an hour), so I prefer to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. If you could provide the screenshots described above I may be able to fix the issue without having to blindly poke around in the dark.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is that out of several hundred correctly forwarded records, a handful of them (8 to be exact) are simply failing to send lighting (XCLL), acoustic (XCAS), and/or ownership (XOWN) data to the smash patch, in which case the smash esp does not appear in the right hand column of TES5edit like it would for successfully forwarded records.

There honestly isn't much to see screenshot-wise, but if you really want pictures of all that I can work on putting it together within the next couple days. Assuming you no longer have the smash logs & tags I sent before, I figured you'd be more interested in those.

I had provided a list of which records were not being forwarded to the smash patch on 3 Jan 2017, post 69, along with links to the corresponding Smash Logs, and Smash Tags. I updated the list of affected records on 5 Jan 2017, and those remaining 8 records are the ones still not forwarding correctly.

It is the exact same type of problem I reported on 25-26 Sept 2016, posts 45 &47, only with different records. Those September records were fixed in a subsequent 'experimental' update (noted 28 Sept, in post #55), although I'm unsure if that was due to changes you made in response to logs sent by me, or Gabba, or both.

Edited by vlainstrike

Ok, the fact that the records aren't being forwarded is the important bit that I missed. That implies one of two things:

1. The records aren't being processed by smash (perhaps the plugins aren't included in the smashed patch?)
2. The final version of the record in the smashed patch is an ITPO (identical to previous override) record, and is thus trimmed.

I'll send you a new link to my logs and tags within the next 2 days.

In the meantime, here's a list of the 8 records not forwarding. As you can see it's a very small number compared to the number of records being correctly forwarded by each of those mods. As I'm sure you're aware, ELFXEnhancer, for example, edits hundreds of XCLL records, but for some reason, just 3 of those refuse to forward.

All the plugins are definitely included in the smashed patch, so maybe it is related to the ITPO problem you mentioned.

SoS - Civilization.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space
Block 6; Sub-Block 0; 0001605E WhiterunBanneredMare
Block 7; Sub-Block 9; 00013A71 FlakreachHouseofArkay
Block 7; Sub-Block 9; 00053081 RiftenBlacksmith
WAO - Weather and Ambience Overhaul.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space
ELFXEnhancer plus College of Winterhold lighting.esp
(merged esp from ELFXEnhancer with Immersive College of Winterhold's lighting patch for ELFX)
Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 00013860 RoriksteadFrostfruitInn; XCLL - Lighting
Block 4; Sub-Block 9; 00016DFE MarkarthSilverBloodInn; XCLL - Lighting
Block 6; Sub-Block 0; 0001605E WhiterunBanneredMare; XCLL - Lighting, XCIM - Image Space
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse; XOWN - Owner

All the plugins are definitely included in the smashed patch, so maybe it is related to the ITPO problem you mentioned.

ITPOs being trimmed isn't a "problem", it's a required step to ensure the smashed patch doesn't have a bunch of redundant data. Now, if there is a conflict in the records s.t. an ITPO shouldn't occur, but smash isn't resolving the conflict resulting in an ITPO which is trimmed, that would be a problem. That said, I think it's far more likely that something else is going on here. A screenshot of one of the override records in xEdit and a screenshot of the CELL part of your smash setting would still be useful. Logs will only show us whether or not the record is being trimmed because it is an ITPO or if the record was never processed.

The issue sounds to me like you need to send me your full log so I can determine what's actually happening.

(Hint: Smash doesn't write anything to the output folders until the smashing is completed)

So...Ummm...Did those logs tell you anything?

Smash Logs and Tags: http://dropcanvas.com/448ja

I'm sorry to report that for some reason ALL the errors previously listed on 3 Jan reappeared when I ran Smash this last time, rather than the smaller list with only 8 records. I have no idea why the list of errors is sometimes less.

complete list of CELL errors:

The following records are not being forwarded to the smash patch:

(There is some overlap between SoS and WAO in cases where neither record was able to forward its XCAS data to the smash patch.)

SoS - The Dungeons.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space

Block 2; Sub-Block 1; 00015254 YsgramorsTomb01

Block 5; Sub-Block 8; 0007FCDD BlackreachSewer01

Block 7; Sub-Block 6; 00015227 ReachcliffCave01

Block 7; Sub-Block 8; 00047817 SkyboundPass01

SoS - Civilization.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space

Block 0; Sub-Block 2; 0002D3E8 GoldenglowEstate02

Block 0; Sub-Block 6; 00097298 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs02

Block 0; Sub-Block 7; 000165B2 WhiterunHouseGrayMane

Block 1; Sub-Block 3; 00016207 BattleBornFarm

Block 1; Sub-Block 6; 00097299 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs01

Block 2; Sub-Block 5; 00087764 HighHrothgar

Block 3; Sub-Block 2; 000161FF GoldenglowEstate01

Block 4; Sub-Block 7; 000198E2 DushnikhYalLonghouse

Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 0006DAA0 ThalmorEmbassy04

Block 4; Sub-Block 9; 00016DFE MarkarthSilverBloodInn

Block 5; Sub-Block 5; 000165A3 WhiterunDragonsreach

Block 6; Sub-Block 0; 0001605E WhiterunBanneredMare

Block 6; Sub-Block 2; 0001677A WindhelmBloodworks

Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse

Block 7; Sub-Block 9; 00053081 RiftenBlacksmith

Block 9; Sub-Block 9; 00013A73 FalkreathLodsHouse

WAO - Weather and Ambience Overhaul.esp: XCAS - Acoustic Space

Block 0; Sub-Block 2; 0002D3E8 GoldenglowEstate02

Block 0; Sub-Block 6; 00097298 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs02

Block 1; Sub-Block 6; 00097299 WinhelmPalaceUpstairs01

Block 2; Sub-Block 5; 00087764 HighHrothgar

Block 3; Sub-Block 2; 000161FF GoldenglowEstate01

Block 4; Sub-Block 7; 000198E2 DushnikhYalLonghouse

Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 0006DAA0 ThalmorEmbassy04

Block 5; Sub-Block 5; 000165A3 WhiterunDragonsreach

Block 5; Sub-Block 8; 0007FCDD BlackreachSewer01

Block 6; Sub-Block 2; 0001677A WindhelmBloodworks

Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse

Block 7; Sub-Block 6; 00015227 ReachcliffCave01

Block 9; Sub-Block 9; 00013A73 FalkreathLodsHouse

ELFXEnhancer plus College of Winterhold lighting.esp

(merged esp from ELFXEnhancer with Immersive College of Winterhold's lighting patch for ELFX)

Block 2; Sub-Block 1; 00015254 YsgramorsTomb01; XWEM - Water Environment Map

Block 2; Sub-Block 6; 00015276 FaldarsTooth01; XCLL - Lighting

Block 4; Sub-Block 8; 00013860 RoriksteadFrostfruitInn; XCLL - Lighting

Block 4; Sub-Block 9; 00016DFE MarkarthSilverBloodInn; XCLL - Lighting

Block 5; Sub-Block 5; 000165A3 WhiterunDragonsreach; XCLL - Lighting

Block 6; Sub-Block 0; 0001605E WhiterunBanneredMare; XCLL - Lighting, XCIM - Image Space

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Block 6; Sub-Block 9; 00013818 WinterholdJarlsLonghouse; XOWN - Owner

relevant tags:

http://i63.tinypic.com/29ymau8.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2iar47d.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/33yj62g.jpg

xedit error examples:

http://i66.tinypic.com/othj7n.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/j7vyfr.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/atkmyc.jpg

Edited by vlainstrike

vlainstrike: I'll look into this in more detail tomorrow, but for now I see that you're using very sparse/specific smash settings. What happens if you check XCAS and XCIM nodes for all smash settings that you have applied to these plugins?

Keep in mind that Smash only forwards values that have been changed relative to the master version of the record. If a value hasn't been changed in a plugin smash will not forward the value to the smashed patch even if the plugin is loaded after the plugin that changed the value. This is the main way smash is different from Wrye Bash and what allows the "Smash.All" and "Bash.All" settings to work effectively.