ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout 4custom.ini file...

aleksi134

So new NMM update and tried changing my Fallout 4custom.ini file and when i pressed save it asked me if i wanted to overwrite the file which i tried doing but nothing so now i cant apparently change my files which NMM said to do at least what i understood from.

Right click on the .ini files you need to change and uncheck "read-only." You will then be able to save it properly.

As for the require .ini changes themselves, follow these instructions:

http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

The instructions calls for a Fallout4Custom.ini but there are only two files besides "Saves": "Fallout4" and "Fallout4prefs" The "Fallout4 file has the string that used to be used to enable mods, but I see it is not scratched out/obsolete. What am I doing wrong? I just got this new PC started up, and I've never used Win10 before, so I might be lost, but I didn't have any problems before this using Win7.

Please help. Thanks.

Right click on the .ini files you need to change and uncheck "read-only." You will then be able to save it properly.

As for the require .ini changes themselves, follow these instructions:

http://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation

The instructions calls for a Fallout4Custom.ini but there are only two files besides "Saves": "Fallout4" and "Fallout4prefs" The "Fallout4 file has the string that used to be used to enable mods, but I see it is not scratched out/obsolete. What am I doing wrong? I just got this new PC started up, and I've never used Win10 before, so I might be lost, but I didn't have any problems before this using Win7.

Please help. Thanks.

Are you looking in C:\Users\<User ID>\Documents\My Games\Fallout 4\?