Orc and Khajiit Skyrim screens

Retribution

I love the Morrowind influences but is it really necessary to slap Morrowind everywhere? It's starting to feel like Morrowind 2.0.

Morrowind influences? What Morrowind influences? It's all Elder Scrolls influences. The Khajiit will look similar to those in Morrowind because according to lore they're the exact same.

You don't understand Ub3r, I know that it is according to lore but they are going more Morrowind style as appose Skyrim. I'm fearing that Beth is going to use Morrowind's success and remake it into Skyrim.

It does seem like a more interesting approach to the game than standard generic fantasy stuff.

Still, I don't see any problem with the thought of making a game like Morrowind but more modern. There are tons of sequels where aside from the plot and some levels you can't even tell it's a different game (Lookin' at you, Bioshock 2). Bethesda is putting a lot of effort into making Skyrim its own distinct game without shrugging off all the best parts of the previous games in the series.

does this mean that making the kitties look more like Oblivion would be a better idea (than making them look like Morrowind)

because the third option (making them entirely new) would cheese off everybody.

Todd Howard said they were going back to the weirdness of Morrowind which I think is a good thing, I don't think there has been any suggestion that they'll be going any further than that.