Was Wondering

Zerotix

So don't use for archive invalidation either? Have not heard that before. Sorry if I messed him up, then. None of my current online resources said that.

What do you make of all archive invalidation methods he has tried failing for him? I am stumped. He can use texture replacers like the meat one, but not Qarl's. Redirection just does not seem to be working for him. Neither did the alteration test he did before reinstalling cleanly (bben method). I checked that the meat replacer does have meshes with it so it's not a problem with mesh changes. Datestamp issue?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So don't use for archive invalidation either? Have not heard that before.

OBMM does not put an invalidation bsa into the Data folder. That is enough for me to advise against it.

Ah, ok, I see your reasoning. You should mention that to the TESIV: POSitive team and the CS wiki is out of date too. So is dev_akm's but I think that one has probably not been updated since 2008. http://devnull.sweet...validation.html

Current thread on Beth forums for how to improve the Oblivion FAQ: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1181935-how-to-improve-the-oblivion-faq-thread-1/page__st__20

Hope you will put in your 2 cents there, since they are discussing the invalidation issue.

Ah, ok, I see your reasoning. You should mention that to the TESIV: POSitive team and the CS wiki is out of date too. So is dev_akm's but I think that one has probably not been updated since 2008. http://devnull.sweet...validation.html

I don't care enough about OBMM to bother -- I don't look at it as a 'manager', I think it should be renamed to Oblivion OMOD Installer.

There has to be some reason this member cannot install QTP3 and the rest of us can. I do not think he is installing incorrectly. He did try Archive Invalidation Invalidated before and that should work, right? What are we missing? How can we narrow it down more?

My next question to him would be what are his in-game settings? Is QTP really installed, but he's just not 'seeing' it?

Okay, sorry guys for some reason the Nexus Forums weren't loading for me. Something about a database overload or something.

So, Hickory, thank you for the compliment xD

I would LOVE to get this mod working, and since last night, I'm feeling much better. Tornados are gone and its all bright and sunny. I'm ready to give this another tackle.

I did download Wrye Bash, but I knew nothing about it. Do you use both? (You said to install OMODs so I'm assuming you do)

I'll give WB a go since OBMM isn't working for me.

And my textures were set to large. It seems that the mod is installed but I can't see the textures. The normal ones stay put. I want to formally invite anyone who wants give input on this matter in here or to join me on Skype haha. I want to do this correctly, and if Wrye Bash is the answer, I'm up for it.

You do know that Wrye Python 03a needs to be installed before Wrye Bash. You may also have found the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide. It has an installation guide along with some other resources. If you downloaded the .exe version of the Wrye Bash (aka Wrye Bash 291 Installer Version) also download the archive version. Unfortunately the installation info included with the exe version isn't available until after you've run the exe and installed it. If you have the archive version, extract it and then delete all but the readme and any other info resources you wish to keep. Once you're up to speed on installing use the exe version to install Wrye Bash (after Python of course).