No jump button?

cedarshen

Man I sure hope so, it would be awfull if there was no jump button.

Now if they only would let us climbe things like a real thief, but my guess is that is far to much to hope for.

Seriously? Think for a second: does fallout 3 have an acrobatics or athletics skill?

The reason they are taking these skills out is because they are mundane and they imbalance the game, just like the levitation, mark and recall abilities.

In Morrowind and Oblivion you could gain an unfair advantage over enemies by jumping onto ledges out of their reach. You might also survive a fall down/climb up a structure you actually had to explore on the inside first, obstructing story progression. And what dignity is there in bewing rewarded for jumping everywhere you go? Or opting to never use fast travel lest you miss out on training time? Or being able to zip away from a scripted monster battle just because you felt like leaving?

It just makes designing the story so much less painstaking if you know that all players will be able to "jump that ledge" or "not outrun that boss", and gives the level designers more breathing room.

Now if they only would let us climbe things like a real thief, but my guess is that is far to much to hope for.

I don't know why that's never even crossed my mind before, but it is nevertheless one of the most phenomenal ideas...ever.

I don't think I'd mind if there weren't a jump button. Presumably it'd mean no more jumping puzzles. Platformers suck in 3D.

Seriously? Think for a second: does fallout 3 have an acrobatics or athletics skill?

The reason they are taking these skills out is because they are mundane and they imbalance the game, just like the levitation, mark and recall abilities.

In Morrowind and Oblivion you could gain an unfair advantage over enemies by jumping onto ledges out of their reach. You might also survive a fall down/climb up a structure you actually had to explore on the inside first, obstructing story progression. And what dignity is there in bewing rewarded for jumping everywhere you go? Or opting to never use fast travel lest you miss out on training time? Or being able to zip away from a scripted monster battle just because you felt like leaving?

It just makes designing the story so much less painstaking if you know that all players will be able to "jump that ledge" or "not outrun that boss", and gives the level designers more breathing room.

Levitation was taken out for technical reasons, the towns were separate cells so they didn't want people levitating over the walls.