Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071620, #34071680, #34072505, #34072540, #34072595, #34073190, #34073450, #34073500, #34074510, #34084490 are all replies on the same post.

Nordland1 wrote: For me, this fixed the CTD!

(I got CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started.)

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.
arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
Nordland1 wrote: Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod who was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in ".../Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings)
arroya wrote: ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages
MadveD12 wrote: I also disabled "The Gore Overhaul" and CTD 5-10 seconds after the start of the game disappeared.
iiicragiii16 wrote: It worked! Thank you sir
Panaorios wrote: Thank you so much. This worked for me!
grapser wrote: Thanks for the fix. XD
Nordland1 wrote: Glad that I could help! :)
MickeyMcE wrote: Interesting I uninstalled "The Gore Overhaul" mod after reading this and it appears to have fixed my ctd as well for now. Good find, I was just getting ready to go through my mods and play the uninstall reinstall game. Thanks for saving me the headache.
St4rkill3r wrote: Worked here too.At the start i was unable to play 5 mins long without a ctd.Now i did the rename of the folder and i played like 30 mins without problems so far, thanks a lot sir for the tip!
Centerman wrote: Uninstalled Gore Overhaul and this worked. It corrected the CTD 5-10 seconds after game start. I still get a random CTD during what seem to be bloody battles. I'm disabling Mods little by little to find the additional culprit.

Ugh thank you so much I should have checked the nexus first... uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, lololol

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34080270. #34080375, #34083040 are all replies on the same post.

Fredthehound wrote: No CTDs here. But missing textures, screen tearing and a metric ton of 'unplayable. I had the same issue with the beta even after an NMM uninstall/reinstall of all the mods but was able to fix with a return to the last official release.

Can't say I'm massively upset since once you enter the mod arena you can't blame the developer for mod issues. Well you CAN, but it's pointless.
sydney666 wrote: They could have always released a more polished game, along with the GECK on day one though right? Some of the performance issues with this game on release date are just not good enough - especially since they had similar issues with Skyrim. You would think they would learn from their mistakes - and from their own engine, of which they have been using and tinkering since 2002.
Fredthehound wrote: Oh don't get me wrong. They most definitely could have done a better job on the game itself considering the time involved since Skyrim. But I'm looking at it purely from a mods/game break perspective.

That the game itself is broken without mods is another issue altogether.

They started using it in 1998 actually. But the point is still the same.

This game engine is nearly as old as I am. lol

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071620, #34071680, #34072505, #34072540, #34072595, #34073190, #34073450, #34073500, #34074510, #34084490, #34084545 are all replies on the same post.

Nordland1 wrote: For me, this fixed the CTD!

(I got CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started.)

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.
arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
Nordland1 wrote: Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod who was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in ".../Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings)
arroya wrote: ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages
MadveD12 wrote: I also disabled "The Gore Overhaul" and CTD 5-10 seconds after the start of the game disappeared.
iiicragiii16 wrote: It worked! Thank you sir
Panaorios wrote: Thank you so much. This worked for me!
grapser wrote: Thanks for the fix. XD
Nordland1 wrote: Glad that I could help! :)
MickeyMcE wrote: Interesting I uninstalled "The Gore Overhaul" mod after reading this and it appears to have fixed my ctd as well for now. Good find, I was just getting ready to go through my mods and play the uninstall reinstall game. Thanks for saving me the headache.
St4rkill3r wrote: Worked here too.At the start i was unable to play 5 mins long without a ctd.Now i did the rename of the folder and i played like 30 mins without problems so far, thanks a lot sir for the tip!
Centerman wrote: Uninstalled Gore Overhaul and this worked. It corrected the CTD 5-10 seconds after game start. I still get a random CTD during what seem to be bloody battles. I'm disabling Mods little by little to find the additional culprit.
billxsand wrote: Ugh thank you so much I should have checked the nexus first... uninstalled and reinstalled everything multiple times, lololol

You sir! win the prize

In response to post #34079440. #34080265, #34082235, #34084335 are all replies on the same post.

Ravvid: Phase -0 wrote: We. Do. Not. Want. Forced. Updates. For. A. Heavily. Modded. PC. Game.

Why. Can't. We. Bloody. Wait. Until. Everything. Is. Fixed.

I feel like even if we spelled it out one letter at a time and subliminally infested the dreams of the developers these days it still wouldn't get into their head. Sometimes I just want to play my games for a while since they still work after spending hours browsing for mods/creating mods and installing them while making sure everything plays nice. How are super busy people supposed to deal with this? Spend most of their nights off checking for incompatibilities or small bugs that might be caused by some small code change? It makes me curious about that one new system that is like steam that says it allows users to disconnect. I really like some of the ability to stay "connected" these days but I would rather have it be optional. After programming all day I don't need my hand held about which updates to install and when. Yeah, it is just this once but since there were apparently so many issues before on previous updates that broke mods as well as the beta update, I can foresee a future of a repetitive cycle of having to fight my own game installation directory tooth and nail.

What joys I shall have determining if a newly installed mod is causing issues after this or if it was the patch.

Thanks for any warnings about mods breaking as well as the news. I wish that developers would be more respectful of their mod communities like they used to be.. since half of the time the mod community is what is really selling and/or fixing their game for them. I'll be waiting a few weeks to play until everything blows over/mods update.

Edit: For anyone in my boat, even though it is too late for me to undo the update (for reference I did not ctd but that doesn't mean bad things aren't happening to my save file behind the scenes so I will instead spend a bunch of time checking to make sure all mods are properly updated).. you might be able to wait a little while by using Finagles method listed below of using the script extender to bypass steam updates temporarily. I forgot about this method from back in the skyrim days. Thanks for the tip!
russw1138 wrote: It is early days and this level of quality mods ahead of the official modding tools is unprecedented.

Also it's very easy to run steam in offline mode...

I my current FO4 game is highly modded and already giving me the occasional COD. as soon as I saw there was beta patch I switched to offline mode and will run that way till I complete this run - level 64 and past time I finished out the main quest line. By this time next week I suspect I will be on a new character with the patch and all the mods I want that work with the patch.
mcguffin wrote: keep in mind that the game doesnt officially support mods at this time.
Finagle wrote: i actually have steam auto updates turned off for fallout's (and TES games) and while the update is waiting under "update required" using the script extender shortcut i can bypass the updates
But yes they should really really give us the option even though they consider FO4 to currently be a non-mod game until the CK comes out

As soon as steam knows there's an update available you CANNOT launch the game until you update it. It's f*#@ing annoying, I just wanted to continue the minuteman questline and now I have to f*#@ around with all my mods instead of just f*#@ing playing.

In response to post #34079440. #34080265, #34082235, #34084335, #34085950 are all replies on the same post.

Ravvid: Phase -0 wrote: We. Do. Not. Want. Forced. Updates. For. A. Heavily. Modded. PC. Game.

Why. Can't. We. Bloody. Wait. Until. Everything. Is. Fixed.

I feel like even if we spelled it out one letter at a time and subliminally infested the dreams of the developers these days it still wouldn't get into their head. Sometimes I just want to play my games for a while since they still work after spending hours browsing for mods/creating mods and installing them while making sure everything plays nice. How are super busy people supposed to deal with this? Spend most of their nights off checking for incompatibilities or small bugs that might be caused by some small code change? It makes me curious about that one new system that is like steam that says it allows users to disconnect. I really like some of the ability to stay "connected" these days but I would rather have it be optional. After programming all day I don't need my hand held about which updates to install and when. Yeah, it is just this once but since there were apparently so many issues before on previous updates that broke mods as well as the beta update, I can foresee a future of a repetitive cycle of having to fight my own game installation directory tooth and nail.

What joys I shall have determining if a newly installed mod is causing issues after this or if it was the patch.

Thanks for any warnings about mods breaking as well as the news. I wish that developers would be more respectful of their mod communities like they used to be.. since half of the time the mod community is what is really selling and/or fixing their game for them. I'll be waiting a few weeks to play until everything blows over/mods update.

Edit: For anyone in my boat, even though it is too late for me to undo the update (for reference I did not ctd but that doesn't mean bad things aren't happening to my save file behind the scenes so I will instead spend a bunch of time checking to make sure all mods are properly updated).. you might be able to wait a little while by using Finagles method listed below of using the script extender to bypass steam updates temporarily. I forgot about this method from back in the skyrim days. Thanks for the tip!
russw1138 wrote: It is early days and this level of quality mods ahead of the official modding tools is unprecedented.

Also it's very easy to run steam in offline mode...

I my current FO4 game is highly modded and already giving me the occasional COD. as soon as I saw there was beta patch I switched to offline mode and will run that way till I complete this run - level 64 and past time I finished out the main quest line. By this time next week I suspect I will be on a new character with the patch and all the mods I want that work with the patch.
mcguffin wrote: keep in mind that the game doesnt officially support mods at this time.
Finagle wrote: i actually have steam auto updates turned off for fallout's (and TES games) and while the update is waiting under "update required" using the script extender shortcut i can bypass the updates
But yes they should really really give us the option even though they consider FO4 to currently be a non-mod game until the CK comes out
LibertyPrime5 wrote: As soon as steam knows there's an update available you CANNOT launch the game until you update it. It's f*#@ing annoying, I just wanted to continue the minuteman questline and now I have to f*#@ around with all my mods instead of just f*#@ing playing.

I forgot about this method of bypassing steams "forcing the hand" using script extender. I guess it works the same as Skyrim thankfully. Thank you. I already updated but I listed it at the top to help anyone who might have the same problem as me. Should be a good way to just play the game without worrying in the meantime between now and after the air has cooled of all the incompatibilities, etc. Good advice and another reason to use script extender!

Edit: Perhaps they could put a list in the main nexus post of the mods causing CTD's as well as details about the script extender method that allows people to temporarily delay updating? People with tons of mods and very little time shouldn't be test cattle for their experiments just yet and this puts the choice in the players hands.. where it should have been all along. Edited by Ravvid: Phase -0

This is a new one. I've been getting CTD's immediately upon starting the game, right as the Bethesda logo is coming on screen. I cleaned my SetDressing folder of any loose flag files, to no avail. I completely disabled all mods in NMM, no change. I then removed all mods from the Data folder, no change. I've tried starting the game using Fallout4.exe, Falout4Launcher.exe, F4SE_loader.exe and form within Steam itself. No change.

I am strongly suspecting this is an edit to my fallout4.ini, or fallout4custom.ini or Fallout4Prefs.ini. Or perhaps my ENB? I'm at a loss right now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In response to post #34086875.

ClockworkWriter wrote: This is a new one. I've been getting CTD's immediately upon starting the game, right as the Bethesda logo is coming on screen. I cleaned my SetDressing folder of any loose flag files, to no avail. I completely disabled all mods in NMM, no change. I then removed all mods from the Data folder, no change. I've tried starting the game using Fallout4.exe, Falout4Launcher.exe, F4SE_loader.exe and form within Steam itself. No change.

I am strongly suspecting this is an edit to my fallout4.ini, or fallout4custom.ini or Fallout4Prefs.ini. Or perhaps my ENB? I'm at a loss right now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delete the ini files and let the launcher regenerate them... fixed it for me!

In response to post #34086875. #34087460 is also a reply to the same post.

ClockworkWriter wrote: This is a new one. I've been getting CTD's immediately upon starting the game, right as the Bethesda logo is coming on screen. I cleaned my SetDressing folder of any loose flag files, to no avail. I completely disabled all mods in NMM, no change. I then removed all mods from the Data folder, no change. I've tried starting the game using Fallout4.exe, Falout4Launcher.exe, F4SE_loader.exe and form within Steam itself. No change.

theFisher86 wrote: Delete the ini files and let the launcher regenerate them... fixed it for me!

ok, update!

On a lark, I segregated my old ini files to another location and then ran the base launcher to regenerate them. I closed the launcher and then started via NMM and have gotten to the load screen. My game still crashes on load, so there's clearly a mod issue as well, but the various ini's were the initial cause.

here's the old settings, if it helps anyone else:

Fallout.ini

[General]
sLanguage=en
sStartingConsoleCommand=cl off
uGridsToLoad=5
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
bDisableAllGore=0
bUseCombinedObjects=0

[screenSplatter]
bBloodSplatterEnabled=1

[Display]
iPresentInterval=1
bDeferredCommands=1
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0
iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
bAllowScreenshot=1
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=3500.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=2000.0000
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
bNvGodraysEnable=1
bDynamicObjectQueryManager=1
bMultiThreadedAccumulation=1
bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP=1

fSAORadius=108.2
fSAOBias=0.6
fSAOIntensity=7.1

fSunUpdateThreshold:Display=0.5f
fSunShadowUpdateTime=1.0

[HairLighting]
fHairPrimSpecScale=0.02
fHairPrimSpecPow=125.0
fHairPrimSpecShift=0.36
fHairSecSpecScale=1.2
fHairSecSpecPow=160.0
fHairSecSpecShift=-0.40

[sSSSS]
fSSSSSPower = 4.0

[Audio]
bEnableAudio=1

[interface]
fDefaultWorldFOV=70
fDefault1stPersonFOV=80
fSafeZoneX=15.0
fSafeZoneY=15.0
fSafeZoneXWide=64.0
fSafeZoneYWid=36.0
fSafeZoneXWide16x10=64.0
fSafeZoneYWide16x10=36.0

[MapMenu]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=16
uLockedTerrainLOD=32

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingXScale=.021
fMouseHeadingYScale=.021

[Grass]
iMinGrassSize=20
bAllowCreateGrass=1

[imageSpace]
bDoRadialBlur=1

[Weather]
bPrecipitation=1

[Archive]
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg
SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList= Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=4.5000
fLODFadeOutMultItems=2.5000

[Pathfinding]
fWarpMaxTime=4
iWarpMaxPathFailureCount=3
[Water]