Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

On the plus side I can now run the game with medium graphic levels (was low before) - on the negative side, had to uninstall a number of previously working and stable mods. Ironically, some of the unstable ones before now work fine. :) The majority of crashes, regardless of what the mod does, happen in the workshop screen.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This patch f@#$ed up my game, now it likes to crash every couple minutes, just randomly, sometimes underwater, sometimes in a city, I tried to pinpoint it to audio or video etc, turned different mods on and off, nope, still just crashes randomly, never had an issue until last week. I run it on ultra with frame rate limited to 60. who knows. maybe it will fix itself.

In response to post #34357430.

jizawiz wrote: This patch f@#$ed up my game, now it likes to crash every couple minutes, just randomly, sometimes underwater, sometimes in a city, I tried to pinpoint it to audio or video etc, turned different mods on and off, nope, still just crashes randomly, never had an issue until last week. I run it on ultra with frame rate limited to 60. who knows. maybe it will fix itself.

I turned off all of my environment mods and it seems to have fixed it for now, these mods include, decay better ghouls, diamond city overhaul, enhanced blood tectures, gore overhaul,and remove interior fog. i turned vivid fallout lanscapdes texturs in HD back on and im waiting for something to happen, keep trying to crash it, one mod at a time

I have about 50+ mods and I crash to desktop upon loading a save file. It seems to load up fine but I only get about 3secs of play before CTD. I don't what to do reinstall, tweak mods until I find the culprit which is so time consuming. Is there anyway to rollback to the last patch. I was right before the end of the game and I built so many cites and characters to enjoy the experience. Edited by VertigoVex

I have about 50+ mods and I crash to desktop upon loading a save file. It seems to load up fine but I only get about 3secs of play before CTD. I don't what to do reinstall, tweak mods until I find the culprit which is so time consuming. Is there anyway to rollback to the last patch. I was right before the end of the game and I built so many cites and characters to enjoy the experience.

I have this same exact issue. All my mods are apparently up to date and no plugin errors in LOOT. I'll start up fallout 4 and load a game, sit in the load screen and not 5 seconds into playing it will CTD. I've reinstalled, verified the cache, triple-check my .ini files and I still can't seem to figure out the problem.

Still having CTD issues, at completely random times and locations.

So far, to try to rectify:

I've uninstalled all texture mods

deleted ini's and restarted game to create new.

Interestingly, doing this didn't create a fallout4custom.ini, only the fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini. Incidentally, running the game without the fallout4custom.ini in the folder allowed for a stable gaming session for 2 or 3 hours, which is a vast amount more than the approx. 15 to 20 mins I normally get before CTD.

Obviously this would prevent me from using other mods but it's interesting it provided improved stability.

Anyone concur or explain?

I'm running 141 mods with 51 plugins and was getting 35-55 FPS before updating to v 1.3.47. Since updating to 1.3.47 and applying the NVIDIA Geforce Experience recommended settings I get 45-70 FPS in the same areas. No CTDs (yet). Most satisfied I am.

GTX 960 4GB

FX 6300

This was the update I was waiting for. Still some minor bugs that are annoyances however they are manageable but at least they are patching Fallout 4 pretty fast.

120 FPS Maxed Settings and 4K with 69 texture mods and 52 stand alone weapon and armor mods.

i7 6700k oc @ 4.8 Ghz

Nvidea Geforce GTX 980ti 2-Way SLI

Samsung 850 Pro SSD 2 Tb

Samsung 28 inch UHD LED Monitor

Asus Z170 Pro Gaiming MotherBoard

Asus Xonar DGX Sound Card

Corsair 32 Gb DDR4 RAM @ 3400 Mhz

Corsair Hydro H110i GT Liquid Cooling

Corsair Vengeance C70 Case (Red and Black lightly modded).

Edit: I did notice some crashes but organizing my mod list a bit seemed to eliminate it completely. At least it hasn't crashed since I moved some mods around and edited the .ini files.

Edited by MaSt3RofDraGOns

This was the update I was waiting for. Still some minor bugs that are annoyances however they are manageable but at least they are patching Fallout 4 pretty fast.

120 FPS Maxed Settings and 4K with 69 texture mods and 52 stand alone weapon and armor mods.

i7 6700k oc @ 4.8 Ghz
Samsung 850 Pro SSD 2 Tb

Edit: I did notice some crashes but organizing my mod list a bit seemed to eliminate it completely. At least it hasn't crashed since I moved some mods around and edited the .ini files.

Hope you understand the engine itself is deeply tied to the FPS and having 2x the correct amount is going to speed things up randomly, as well as break physics.

In response to post #34447540.

Ethreon wrote:

i7 6700k oc @ 4.8 Ghz
Samsung 850 Pro SSD 2 Tb

Hope you understand the engine itself is deeply tied to the FPS and having 2x the correct amount is going to speed things up randomly, as well as break physics.

I wasn't aware of any 4K 120Hz monitors on the market yet?