HUGE performance decrease....

poop39

I have Skyrim modded. VERY modded. Like...300 Mods. I used to have a pretty nice computer: 2x GTX 780s in SLI, 16GB Ram, i7-4770k, SSD for OS and HDD for games. With my modded Skyrim, I got around 30 fps in demanding environments and 50 fps in not-so-demanding ones. Since then, I have upgraded my PC. I now have 2x GTX 980TIs in SLI, 32GB Ram, i7-4770k, And I now have Skyrim on its own SSD(Which actually REALLY helped on loading screens.) But, as you might not expect, I still get the same FPS. Exactly the same. And, when loading in an area...Any area...I get like 2 FPS until I do a full 360 with my character then it goes up to the mid 30s. If anyone could help me solve this REALLY annoying problem, it would be much appreciated.

Lol it doesnt how much ram you out in ur system as skyrim is only limited to 4 gb of ram. I have also been experiencing those lag issues. The difference is that i only experience when i do the 360 turn. Your skyrim mustve been seriously heavily modded. I have 300+ mods as well and my system specs are amd r9 390 with 8 gb of ram and with i7-4790 and my skyrim runs in 60 fps, with experiencing issues sinilar like yours although it only last for about 2-3 seconds.

I think the cause here is texture of graphical mods including enb. Your specs are higher than mine so i assume u r running skyrim in ultra as well. Of you have like tons of 4k texture mods you are bound to experience this issue. Also if there are a lot of npcs.

I once played in ultra with all amidianborn, SFO, SMIM, you name it. My game crashes often. Fps is still 60 though. Thus my guess is because it reached the 4 gb ram limit. Some even say skyrim crashes when reaching 3.4 gb memory usage.

I have no proven fixes yet as i still experiencing this issue for my current playthough, which has seen 120+ hours of gameplay.

Using ENBoost and skyrim memory patch (visit guide from STEP or watch gopher's videos) reallly help though. Try them out. Also try to remove some texture mods especially parallax, hd terrain, or memory consuming enbs.

Hope this helps :)

Lol it doesnt how much ram you out in ur system as skyrim is only limited to 4 gb of ram. I have also been experiencing those lag issues. The difference is that i only experience when i do the 360 turn. Your skyrim mustve been seriously heavily modded. I have 300+ mods as well and my system specs are amd r9 390 with 8 gb of ram and with i7-4790 and my skyrim runs in 60 fps, with experiencing issues sinilar like yours although it only last for about 2-3 seconds.

I think the cause here is texture of graphical mods including enb. Your specs are higher than mine so i assume u r running skyrim in ultra as well. Of you have like tons of 4k texture mods you are bound to experience this issue. Also if there are a lot of npcs.

I once played in ultra with all amidianborn, SFO, SMIM, you name it. My game crashes often. Fps is still 60 though. Thus my guess is because it reached the 4 gb ram limit. Some even say skyrim crashes when reaching 3.4 gb memory usage.

I have no proven fixes yet as i still experiencing this issue for my current playthough, which has seen 120+ hours of gameplay.

Using ENBoost and skyrim memory patch (visit guide from STEP or watch gopher's videos) reallly help though. Try them out. Also try to remove some texture mods especially parallax, hd terrain, or memory consuming enbs.

Hope this helps :smile:

Well, the weird thing to me is that I saw NO performance difference. I mean, yes, when I am roaming around, I get 50-60 fps, but, in Whiterun, it's 30. Always. My game NEVER crashes, even with the amount of mods I am running, So i don't think it's the 4 Gig limit...

I mean, yes, when I am roaming around, I get 50-60 fps, but, in Whiterun, it's 30. Always. My game NEVER crashes, even with the amount of mods I am running.

Sounds like your actor scripts might be being overloaded. Mods like Immersive Citizens - AI overhaul and Wet and Cold are probably pushing your system to its limits. Use Convenient horses, etc to test your script latency.

Edited by Nazgren

Well, the weird thing to me is that I saw NO performance difference. I mean, yes, when I am roaming around, I get 50-60 fps, but, in Whiterun, it's 30. Always. My game NEVER crashes, even with the amount of mods I am running, So i don't think it's the 4 Gig limit...

Grass mods? Whiterun is an open wide place. I always get slow downs there from grass and npcs.

Hi

I run about 254 mods without counting textures. I am running Skyrim at 1440 with ENB at 58fps average with a single 980 ti. I rarely go into the 40s. I use the line EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true in the ENB ini to get rid frame rate drops(lag) while turning. Whitrun's frame rate drops went from the 30s to the 50s with this setting. The down side is that the ENB executable is no longer used.

With an old i7 2600k I use lots of script heavy mods like Immersive Citizens, Frostfall & wet&cold. Using Convenient horses script tester I found that as long as I keep frame rate close to 60fps I don't get script issues. At 4k I run in the 30s & scripts quickly back up & become an issue.

Since going from a 980 to a 980 ti I get about 50% less CTDs with the same load list. My first CTD was at level 17 on my current character(caused by spawning mod). I am beginning to believe that the transfer of data between RAM &VRAM is the cause of a lot of the CTDs & most of the lag/stutter.

Later

Hi

I run about 254 mods without counting textures. I am running Skyrim at 1440 with ENB at 58fps average with a single 980 ti. I rarely go into the 40s. I use the line EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true in the ENB ini to get rid frame rate drops(lag) while turning. Whitrun's frame rate drops went from the 30s to the 50s with this setting. The down side is that the ENB executable is no longer used.

With an old i7 2600k I use lots of script heavy mods like Immersive Citizens, Frostfall & wet&cold. Using Convenient horses script tester I found that as long as I keep frame rate close to 60fps I don't get script issues. At 4k I run in the 30s & scripts quickly back up & become an issue.

Since going from a 980 to a 980 ti I get about 50% less CTDs with the same load list. My first CTD was at level 17 on my current character(caused by spawning mod). I am beginning to believe that the transfer of data between RAM &VRAM is the cause of a lot of the CTDs & most of the lag/stutter.

Later

Where do I put the "EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true" line?