Osama Bin Laden reported dead

marharth

Huh. I wonder if anything will actually change due to this.

nope prply nothing will, another assh*le will take his place. but for me, the world has because a little better of place to live upon his death, burn in hell. its also very happy news for Americans but nothing will change for Al Qaeda. Al Qaeda wouldn't give 2 craps about us if we left the middle east they'd be to busy killing each other just like they have for 2000 years. just my 2 cents

Indeed but what is still a question is if Al Qaeda will continues with his power and influence over others extremist organizations. with luck it will lose. and would be a good opportunity to reduce the treat.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time, let us all say a few words towards peace and an end to hostilities.

No one holds peace in a higher regard than a serviceman/woman or former serviceman/woman.

Yep, on this I do have an opinion.

Buddah

This is news to me, i Agree it won't change a thing though.

Oh and Yeah! about time.

Edited by Thor.

It took ten years, but they've got him at last. Serves him jolly well, in my opinion.

But I do doubt anything will really change. Yes, one of the minds behind the post-soviet global terrorism network is gone, but I'm sure many remains. And he have now more or less accomplished all of his goals. The United States, and therefore by extention the Western world, is caught up in two violent and expensive wars they cannot hope to win, and have thus alienated millions upon millions of people across the world. Caught between the radicals and American bombs, it's little wonder they rally with the former. And now he will undoubtedly achieve the status of a martyr. But mayhaps it was worth it, to ensure he will never see another dawn again.

Maybe someone will step right into his place....I don't know.

But for all those men and women in our Armed Forces I give a salute. They have done a damn difficult job and though I don't agree with the wars I have never begrudged our working military.

To the special forces that handled this one....good job.

As for Bin Ladin's death...I will not celebrate it....it was deserved....it is a form of justice especially to those families touched in 9/11...but I will not jump for joy and chant U.S.A. I will be grateful for a job well done and hope for at least some lessening of the bloodshed that has gone on far too long.

Hmm.

Guys I have a question. There's a massive bounty out on Bin Laden-who gets it? Shared across the operation personel? Someone's goin' home rich tonight...

In all seriousness, this made me smile, in Australia, most of us thought the bastard would simply keep fleeing, I'd never imagined they'd find, let alone kill him, let alone have proof. My only concern is that Al Quada claimed in a video(on the news about... 2 weeks ago?) to have a nuke hidden in europe-to be detonated if bin laden was ever captured, now the bastard's dead, let's all be hoping that was a bluff.

Anyway, massive congratulations to all involved, hunting down and killing bin laden's must have been like trying to headshot The Invisible Man from ten kilometres away in a hurricane armed with a .22. I can never truly applaud any man's death, but this comes close to making me reneg on that, hopefully this will dull the militant's resolve enough to allow us to push for peace-of if that fails, weaken them somewhat allowing us to press and advantage and destroy them that they never threaten civilians again.

Edited by Vindekarr

Hmm.

Guys I have a question. There's a massive bounty out on Bin Laden-who gets it? Shared across the operation personel? Someone's goin' home rich tonight...

In all seriousness, this made me smile, in Australia, most of us thought the bastard would simply keep fleeing, I'd never imagined they'd find, let alone kill him, let alone have proof. My only concern is that Al Quada claimed in a video(on the news about... 2 weeks ago?) to have a nuke hidden in europe-to be detonated if bin laden was ever captured, now the bastard's dead, let's all be hoping that was a bluff.

I don't think the bounties are given to military/secruity people.

Like if your a cop and you capture a terrorist, you will not receive a bounty from it.

You have to be a civilian to receive the bounty I beleive.

As I am in the military, I take everything with a grain of salt - or pepper depending how you look at it.

It is good to hear this since we really have not heard anything about the war in forever. Good morale boost for the troops. But make my words if this is fake or mistaken identity.

This will help Obama polls most definitely, but we need to realize it was Bush that worked us to this point. I am thankful Obama is President and that he was the one able to announce to the world of this awesomeness, but he only made the good decision to make others do it. Thanks Obama! Thanks Bush! Special thanks to my Brothers in arms!

May the land be blessed and the peace overflowing.

Hmm.

I don't think the bounties are given to military/secruity people.

Like if your a cop and you capture a terrorist, you will not receive a bounty from it.

You have to be a civilian to receive the bounty I beleive.

B'awww, that's not fair, they freakin' killed the world's mst wanted criminal, 'course they deserve a reward, it would be aweful if they didnt get it, bloody Indian Giving(promise but never give)

Having just heard I am glad it was not a surgical air strike that got OBL, I hope that he heard the gunfire approaching his position and knew that a US fire team was coming for him. It won't end a damn thing but at least the victims of 9/11 were finally avenged. Without knowing what service or agency should get the credit for the action, I'm still proud of them. Edited by Aurielius