mods conflicting but can't tell

chris9181

i have a question im using nexus mod manager, i can't see any red or yellow or orange conflicts on my mods how can i tell which is conflicting? everry time i try to go to the work bench it crashes. i have the loot i dont even know how to use that can anyone help? any imformation would be useful thanks

As far as is know, NMM wont tell you conflcts. Mod Organizer does, bot the FO4 (64bit) version is still in alpha development and not yet released for use.

If you want to use loot, thats very simple. Just run loot, choose your game on top middle drop down. Next press the button with the 3 bars with different lenght, wait for it. Then press apply. Make sure, your plugins.txt is not write protected at the time, or loot cant sort it.

As for your problem. It sounds like a conflict with 2 mods affecting the workbench. If loot cant solve it, try to disable one mod (like Homemaker) at the time and test ist.

Get FO4Edit http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2737/? fire it up, select all mod, check for errors.
It should tell you where the conflicts are.

If you're not afraid, you could even try to fix these errors.
Most are quite self explaining, really, some errors can be a true mess.
I have a situation with The Institute Mod, where I need to copy a Cell block, BUT!
The Navigation Mesh keeps bugging out.

No matter WHAT I try, it results in total misery.

I'm trying to overcome the situation, but as it looks, this particular Mesh will annoy me forever.

At any rate, I believe FO4Edit will tell you more than we can at this point.

Should you run into trouble, you can come here with your questions.

All I've got to say:

Good luck, ol' chum.

• 2 years later...

Um so I have a few mods installed for the castle (like W.A.T.M/We Are The Minutemen, Castle walls rebuilt etc) and they seem to be conflicting since now the floor of the castle courtyard is gone. I installed FO4Edit but it doesn't seem to detect any problems, I've tried uninstalling a few to see if it will fix the problem.

Any suggestions please??

Have you run the LOOT program? Sometimes a correct load order can solve such problems. I place the Castle mod I use toward the bottom of the load order.

You might want to check the Nexus page for these two Castle changing mods. If they do not mention any known incompatibilities, you might ask on their forums for advice since they are familiar with those mods.

@ OP ....

... why don't you start using Vortex ? This program will tell you as you install mods, which mods conflict with each other and the only thing you need to do is to decide which one override which.

Previously, with NMM, I had to resolve those issues using xEdit and still with Vortex, you can use xEdit if you want to but honestly, since I am using Vortex, I have not resolved any conflict using xEdit at all and my games, Skyrim and Fallout4 are running like a charm. The only reason I still use xEdit for those games are to clean master files and to create my own custom mods. Other than that, I am just trusting on Vortex and so far so good. I do not even use LOOT anymore since LOOT is integrated in Vortex so after I install my mods, I enabled auto-sort and Vortex take care of my plugins load order much better than I thought. The only thing I manually do with my plugins, is to move my patches to the Dynamic Patches Group in the Plugin Screen and that's it.

If you want to simplify everything, go with Vortex and forget about NMM. I already uninstalled NMM from my computer and Vortex is the only program I use. Again, it is so simple to use that you would not believe it. :geek: