⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Porting content from other games

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the various posts here i gather that i can't use assets from a free game (like Age of Conan) if the software house haven't given an explicit authorization, it's correct?

Is it allowed to use voices from games, cartoons, movies, etc. in mods?

Unless it falls under public domain, I don't think so.

At risk of post necromancy: I guess including Arrested Development's chicken dances as part of Wild Wasteland appearances in FNV is out of the question, but I may as get that voiced from scratch to properly integrate it into the Mojave anyway. I just need someone who sounds like Jeffrey Tambor and animations for that insane chicken impression.

Making things from scratch is a bit different that porting content. Though I would certainly ask some more questions...making a little parody bit of a tv show that you voiced and animated from scratch might be totally do-able. Though like I said I would get some more info and confirmation.~Lisnpuppy

Thanks for your reply. I'll look/ask around regarding animations. I'll look around the existing pose files, but this likely won't have what I'm looking for.

If you are wanting to learn how to do things there is also a site..Tes Alliance..which does alot of workshops and has a entire thing for voice actors. You may be able to find some useful things there also!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll register some time soon. I want to learn to build a mesh and fit a texture round it, and create custom animations. I had a dream for an open world mod with New Vegas but it's a little late now. I'll go at my own pace here and may get round to doing one for Fallout 4.

Edited by GimmeBackMyMoney