ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

On OBL, USA and Murder

HellsMaster

Also what does anyone's countries of origin have to do with any of this....unless someone brings up their own...I see no reason for it.

This.

Quoting Aurielius:

I find it odd that you can take the high moral ground of self righteous indignation given the operational conduct of the Légion Étrangères (French Foreign Legion). French units have been involved in Iraq and Afghanistan and their conduct has hardly been above reproach. a quick review of your country's involvements might be in order.

Bringing in the country where i was born in was just child-ish. I dont endorse any governement nor country. It is not because i am French, or live in UK that it means ill blindly follow and endorse what Uk/France will do.

It is a matter of personal thoughts, origins has nothing to do with this.

I was actually referring to the innumerable countries of origin listed in DeTomasos various post for which I can find no good relationships to what he is trying to say.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you get an idea now on why I personally would like to prefer the next to last killing of Osama bin Laden in late 2007. If not, well, then it doesn't matter. There is imo absolutely no logic in the story of late and thus no necessity to analyze it in detail - it would lead to nothing. More likely it seems to be the final diplomatic balancing act with good intent to end the big lies that were spread in the most recent past; and it is in any case the long hoped-for balm for the US soul after 9/11. The today US administration is thus everything but to be blamed for it, though the former actually might be. The man in question is eventually gone to the worms since long, thus any conspiracy theory (and we’ll see some) has to deal with the sea of sand or water he was buried in. As such it makes no difference at all which ending we believe in. It has ended, there is no doubt about it, we won’t get further mixed audio tapes from the grave anymore and that alone counts. Having finally ended the nightmare of a seemingly endless fight between the personified good and evil, quite officially, that is the trophy of Mr. Obama, the gift to all of us. From now on we don’t have to see certain things through the black & white glasses of former US president G.W. Bush anymore, that alone is much appreciated, in the West and perhaps even more, inside Islam. Good job, overall.

BTW It is really no good idea to tell a man beyond the 50 that he is trying to say something! I guess I have made my first understandable saying already long before you were born, at least most of you. Got that? Fine. Be nice.

Back to work.

Edited by DeTomaso

BTW It is really no good idea to tell a man beyond the 50s that he is trying to say something! I guess I have made my first saying already long before you were born, at least most of you. Got that? Fine.

Back to work.

Not in my case sir, since I was born on the same day that a certain Colonel Gagarin became the first man in space, and hence celebrated a significant milestone birthday this year, and by all accounts made my first saying at the age of about nine months (and haven't shut up since.)

Joking aside, and more pertinently to the argument, it also means that, like yourself and the other older hands on here, I am old enough to clearly remember the background events which led to Osama getting his comeuppance. Further back even than 9/11 and the Gulf Wars, back to the 70's and 80's and some ill fated meddling in...umm...Afghanistan.

BTW It is really no good idea to tell a man beyond the 50s that he is trying to say something! I guess I have made my first saying already long before you were born, at least most of you. Got that? Fine.

Back to work.

Not in my case sir, since I was born on the same day that a certain Colonel Gagarin became the first man in space, and hence celebrated a significant milestone birthday this year, and by all accounts made my first saying at the age of about nine months (and haven't shut up since.)

Joking aside, and more pertinently to the argument, it also means that, like yourself and the other older hands on here, I am old enough to clearly remember the background events which led to Osama getting his comeuppance. Further back even than 9/11 and the Gulf Wars, back to the 70's and 80's and some ill fated meddling in...umm...Afghanistan.

Right, I vividly remember the famous beep-beep of the Sputnik in late 1957, short before my first birthday. Since then I love to use it as an expression of disfavor, nowadays especially in the Microsoft office. The designers know already that this doesn't mean any good.

Apart from that, do we already have any reaction by the bin Laden clan in Saudi Arabia?

Edited by DeTomaso

It wasn't an American that brought up the comparison unless I missed something. I am wondering why bringing Osama to trial would have changed anything though.

At least it wasn't a Belgian. Now ask yourself why we have courts and trials. If they'd change nothing, if they'd be useless, why not kill every caught up bad guy directly? We dump them all at sea and call that a burial according to the holy traditions (of the pirates, I guess). Amen. You see - what goes for one guy goes for everybody or it goes for nobody. If we offer no fair trail we are not to be distinguished from the lawless barbarians that have caused 9/11. Now don't tell me that a Western country would actually want to relapse into barbarism. The reason of the assassination of bin Laden is more subtile. He simply shouldn't talk. His silence was by far more important than his operative knowledge of al-Qaeda could ever have been. And that is remarkable, for still innocent people have to die before the time because of al-Qaeda terror actions.

Your point was that bringing him to trial would suddenly make the radical Muslims change their minds and see the error of their ways. How?

Your point was that bringing him to trial would suddenly make the radical Muslims change their minds and see the error of their ways. How?

By showing that the so-called fifth pillar of Islam, the Jihad as holy duty for all Muslims, is just an intrusion as is the Jihad against unarmed civilians in special, devices given by the Muslim brotherhood of my generation to answer the supremacy of Western modernism in the 20s century. These devices are not part and parcel of the Koran, not even part of the Hadiths, the regional additions to the Koran, to mention just one gap in the Jihadist theory that is directed against the Koran. To be fair - it is actually "blasphemy" to change the Koran, to give it a special direction, as it would be in the case of a rewritten Bible with an up to now unknown 11th commandment - Thou shalt kill them all - for example.

Edited by DeTomaso

By showing that the so-called fifth pillar of Islam, the Jihad as necessity for all Muslims, is just an intrusion as is the Jihad against unarmed civilians in special, devices given by the Muslim brotherhood of my generation to answer the supremacy of Western modernism in the 20s century. These devices are not part and parcel of the Koran, not even part of the Hadiths, the regional additions to the Koran, to mention just one gap in the Jihadist theory that is directed against the Koran. To be fair - it is actually "blasphemy" to change the Koran, to give it a special direction, as it would be in the case of a rewritten Bible with an up to now unknown 11th commandment - Kill them all - for example.

None of this would even come up in an American trial. It would simply be what admissible evidence we had and what defense OBL produced. It would not be a philosophical discussion on the nature of Islam. It would be far more likely that a trial would simply drive more people in to the hands of the radicals due to our very high profile trial of a Muslim.

By showing that the so-called fifth pillar of Islam, the Jihad as holy duty for all Muslims, is just an intrusion as is the Jihad against unarmed civilians in special, devices given by the Muslim brotherhood of my generation to answer the supremacy of Western modernism in the 20s century. These devices are not part and parcel of the Koran, not even part of the Hadiths, the regional additions to the Koran, to mention just one gap in the Jihadist theory that is directed against the Koran. To be fair - it is actually "blasphemy" to change the Koran, to give it a special direction, as it would be in the case of a rewritten Bible with an up to now unknown 11th commandment - Thou shalt kill them all - for example.

I find your post insulting, and you crossed the line over the religion debate, which is taboo here on the Nexus. Goodbye. Thread requested to be locked.

None of this would even come up in an American trial. It would simply be what admissible evidence we had and what defense OBL produced. It would not be a philosophical discussion on the nature of Islam. It would be far more likely that a trial would simply drive more people in to the hands of the radicals due to our very high profile trial of a Muslim.

We can handle only what we have already understood. The results of religious terrorism is one thing, good visible to all of us, the reason for religious terrorism is quite another. As long as it seems dark to us, as long as we are unable to answer the satanic phemomenon with its own literary tools, as long as we haven't understod the "Why", we won't get rid of it, unless chance comes and it fades away on its own. This could indeed happen with a view of the Arab spring. But already prognoses on the Arab summer are vague. Thus we have no guarantees.

BTW I wonder what all these religious prisoners are doing in Guantanamo if the US jurisdiction would make no sense at all. It makes sense, at least for me.

NB From the perspective of al-Qaeda my posting is indeed insulting, but that goes without saying. Goodbye.

Edited by DeTomaso