I wish to create a mod file

Rabbit1251

I wish to uninstall my Oblivion game and reinstall it and do a fresh install of all of my mods. My problem with this is that I have a dwelling mod that I have heavily modified with resources from other mods and, having done this quite some time ago, I have forgotten where all of these resources reside in the Data folder. I believe that I heard of an application that would retrieve all of these resources for you and package them up in a tidy little compressed file for uploading. I do not wish to upload this as it contains quite a bit of ripped content used without permission, but I would need it for my own use. Does anyone recall the name of this application or have another idea of how I may accomplish this? As usual any help with this would garner my undying gratitude.

The Rabbit

same here randomly found it a few weeks back when trying to sort BSA's out and wiki mentioned something it did to the nif files to make them acceptable but its been even more useful.

You might want to read through this tutorial. TES4Files is a tool I never leave home without but it cannot do everything.

If all your assets are referenced in the plugin, it can read the plugin and find those files...however, somethings are not referenced in a plugin and thus cannot be seen or associated by TES4Files alone. For example, texture replacers require no plugin and TES4Files has nothing to go on to tell if the texture replacers are supposed to be included in your mod or not. Same with LOD files and some other things I cannot remember at this point (too many margaritas!!! Yeah Cindo de Mayo!!!)

And yes, TES4Files can fix your NIF texture paths if they are using forward slashes instead of backslashes. It typically does not matter either way but if you package the files inside a BSA (which it can also do for you), the texture paths MUST use backslashes only or it will never find the textures in-game.

You might want to read through this tutorial. TES4Files is a tool I never leave home without but it cannot do everything.

If all your assets are referenced in the plugin, it can read the plugin and find those files...however, somethings are not referenced in a plugin and thus cannot be seen or associated by TES4Files alone. For example, texture replacers require no plugin and TES4Files has nothing to go on to tell if the texture replacers are supposed to be included in your mod or not. Same with LOD files and some other things I cannot remember at this point (too many margaritas!!! Yeah Cindo de Mayo!!!)

And yes, TES4Files can fix your NIF texture paths if they are using forward slashes instead of backslashes. It typically does not matter either way but if you package the files inside a BSA (which it can also do for you), the texture paths MUST use backslashes only or it will never find the textures in-game.

The is an option to include LOD files. Not sure how accurate it is...

I believe there is a way to include assets that cannot be automatically determined so if you have a large mod and you know certain files do not get "picked up" when compiling the mod, you can add the references manually to a config file and it will include them in future compilations of your mod...but I have never need to do that so I never learned. I just know I read about it a LONG time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Thank you, Mr. Hammonds, for the insight. The house was decorated some while ago by one of my female characters so it has a certain feminine feel to it. Objects D'art, musical instruments, bathroom fixtures and a ship model in the entryway. I do not think that there would be any loose textures laying about, but I am definitely sailing into unknown waters with this. I will most certainly heed your warnings, though.

Rabbit

One sure way to help figure it out is to simply uninstall all other mods and what remains is most-likely the files to your customized mod. I would do that as well as use TES4Files to 1st grab all known files that the plugin is using, then when you are done removing all the other mods, check to see if there are any stray files remaining and see if they belong to your mod.