[WIP] Thirsk Saga

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

I never was comfortable with what turned out with Bujold. Another TES example of starting out to do the right thing that ended the most Uncomfortable way possible. I understand what Hrothmund said and why but the how and why, wow that just made it all worse.

Agreed, it felt abrupt. Not saying you'll get a wholly satisfying ending with this mod (does that ever happen in my mods?), but there is context and some degree of resolution, with a strong helping of Beowulf and Bloodmoon in the mix.

Today's Progress:

- Dialogue (several scenes had placeholders in lieu of actual scripts)

- Testing

- Implementing Hengebob's incredible art assets. The Magnus trading company will feature "Old Solstheim" beer, as well as packaged, highly nutritious boar meat.

I also took a rare step in terms of feature creep - I elected to compromise rather than axe the entire Sons of Shor side-quest. It will be a short, truncated sea battle instead of what I originally wrote (which blew way out of proportion). Most of the original outline will be adapted as a separate quest in a later mod. However, you'll still get to assist Audrig, Ri'Dar and Mad-Eye Mikkelson during one sea battle.

Thank you for the support, everyone!

Edited by someguy2000

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

I take it there'll be no YouTube/Twitter update videos until Thirsk is finished? :wink:

No promises, but Youtube is possible. No streaming, though.

I take it there'll be no YouTube/Twitter update videos until Thirsk is finished? :wink:

No promises, but Youtube is possible. No streaming, though.

ARE YOU JUST GONNA LET SODOMY WIN?

...Okay fine I'll wait until the mod's done.

Guest deleted2159825

Did we feed bad impulses and cause you problems man?

No, it's just my natural cycle of creative output. I overreached and hit the wall hard in early 2018. I want to prevent another crash by limiting myself to side-quests from here on out. I just don't have the time to balance modding and outside demands like I used to, unfortunately.

My hope is to get closer to that summer when I cranked out New Vegas Killer, King of the Ring and a few other projects (if memory serves). I want to create one plugin for Skyrim and New Vegas each, and then patch in bits of content in controlled bursts, rather than getting bogged down in massive projects. As much as I love modding (and will never truly stop doing it), feature creep can suck the fun out of it for me.

Guest deleted2159825

Today's Progress Report:

- Dialogue (largely unfinished dialogue in the side-quest).

- Testing

- Aside from voice acting, the main quest is done (really done).

- I keep going back and forth on Sons of Shor. They may very well be saved for the side-quest collection that I'm planning next.

I just have to say, when everything comes together, it's nice to see Raven Rock with a few extra buildings and NPC's that you as the player made happen through the questline.

EDIT: The Argonian revolution is still in place, and the dialogue is finished. That was fun to write. :)

Edited by someguy2000

Daily progress reports are not something that I expected, but they are welcome.

Do you have any aspirations to continue the civil war questline you made at some point? Even if it's just one quest at a time compiled at the end instead of a large project.

Edited by ReaperAnon

Guest deleted2159825

Daily progress reports are not something that I expected, but they are welcome.

Do you have any aspirations to continue the civil war questline you made at some point? Even if it's just one quest at a time compiled at the end instead of a large project.

Yes, in the form of smaller quests, with an emphasis on quality rather than scale (which inevitably leads to burnout and rushed endings).