[WIP] Thirsk Saga

Guest deleted2159825

Guest deleted2159825

Damn, you've been busy. Can't wait until the series (circle?) is complete.

I intend to do a nord playthrough of all of your nord/stormcloak related mods for YouTube.

I'm wondering, will we see anything more of Roderick Redbeard in these forthcoming mods?

Whether it be a mere mention, a friend of his, a side quest involving him, a trip to his homeland, it'd be cool to tie together all of the narratives -- kind of like you did with Russell and NVBIII now that I think about it.

More mentions, thought a quest could be possible in SSS. Thanks for the support, and enjoy the mods!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted2159825

I'm about halfway through a new Skyrim playthrough that was prompted by lost data and a genuine desire to re-assess opportunities in the base game for side-quests (which will serve as the foundation for Someguy's Scintillating Scenarios). However, I'm continuing to work on dialogue for Thirsk Saga, and I'm also fleshing out the Fighters Guild and Thieves Guild side-quests. My goal is to hit a testable beta some time in October or November, begin voicework soon thereafter, and *hopefully* release the mod by the end of the year, preferably in December. Once the voicework is underway, I will start actual production on SSS, which I hope to release in the Spring.

Guest deleted2159825

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Still working through new Skyrim playthrough, taking notes for SSS along the way. Five pages of side-quest outlines so far.

- Worked on re-structuring the Fighters Guild and Thieves Guild questlines for Thirsk Saga so that even though they are exclusive, there is some degree of overlap.

- Dialogue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deleted2159825

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Resumed work on dialogue.

- The player will be able to recruit the new adventurers as companions. At least one of them will have a small questline.

- The planned Sons of Shor questline will probably be moved to SSS. There was just too much feature creep, and I want to release this mod in 2017.

- Several side-quests will be included, however, including the Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild. Anything that isn't specific to Solstheim/Thirsk is getting moved to SSS, however.

"The planned Sons of Shor questline will probably be moved to SSS. There was just too much feature creep, and I want to release this mod in 2017."

So is the quest giver in "Blood of the Nord" crazy relative still going to make a appearance? The one who would kill his own family if they didn't join the Stormcloaks? Or will we meet him for the first time SSS?

Guest deleted2159825

"The planned Sons of Shor questline will probably be moved to SSS. There was just too much feature creep, and I want to release this mod in 2017."

So is the quest giver in "Blood of the Nord" crazy relative still going to make a appearance? The one who would kill his own family if they didn't join the Stormcloaks? Or will we meet him for the first time SSS?

He'll be in SSS. That "Little Side-Quest" blew up in my notes, so it's been moved to the aforementioned mod.

Guest deleted2159825

TODAY'S PROGRESS REPORT:

- Dialogue. Lots of dialogue.

- Resumed work on the Riekling questline. It will undergo some tweaks/cuts as I want to wrap up the project, and snow smurfs have lower priority than guild side-quests.

Hey, someguy! Long time lurker fan here. Would you be willing to talk more about Sons of Shor? Nothing spoilery of course, I was just wondering if the content will be repeatable at all? I've been hoping for some nordic naval combat and as much as I try to justify The Northern Cardinal in my playthroughs- the ship design KILLS me. Needs me a longship. Edited by MankarUsurper

Guest deleted2159825

Hey, someguy! Long time lurker fan here. Would you be willing to talk more about Sons of Shor? Nothing spoilery of course, I was just wondering if the content will be repeatable at all? I've been hoping for some nordic naval combat and as much as I try to justify The Northern Cardinal in my playthroughs- the ship design KILLS me. Needs me a longship.

Thanks! It is definitely not repeatable. The introductory side-quest (which will be in SSS) will be a one-shot opportunity that arises when SoS shows up in Dawnstar, actively recruiting for a new contract that pits them against a coalition of pirates.

The standalone mod (which will come later) involves the player joining SoS while they undertake a mercenary contract in High Rock (dynastic struggles and intrigue abound). It will be a rough adaptation of Xenophon's Anabasis.

The final quest involving SoS will be Wrath of the Nord, which could very well serve as a conclusion of sorts to my Skyrim mods.