ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Gamers Music Preferences

Lateralizm

Gamers Musical Preferences  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorite genre, no subgenres. General area or nothing.

• Metal
    • Rap
    • Pop
    • Alternative
    • Other?
    • Classic Rock
    • Jazz
    • Blues
    • Classical
    • Electronica

Really? No one here listens to Hip/Hop, Rap, and RnB. That is just sad for me. Drake, Trey Songz, Jay and Kanye, Travis Porter. Even Fabolous. Just me and some other voter.

Follow Tory Lanez on Twitter.

I listen to rap, but I can't stand the new stuff.

I like Bone Thugs N Harmony, Del the funky Homosapien, Jedi Mind Tricks, Hot Boys, Juvenile, old Ludacris, tupac, biggie. You know, back when rap and hiphop was in its prime.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my 1st choice isn't listed and I refuse to chock it up in the "Other?" category. Country....FTW!!! But I do listen to a lot of KISS. With a name like mine....Go Figure! But mainly I listen to good ol' Country music. Edited by Catman66

I'm one of the odd guys out here, but someone has to stand up for the dance/electronica genre! Big fan of artists like David Guetta, Avicii, Basshunter, Swedish House Mafia, Scooter, Daft Punk, Benny Benassi, ect. Not really into dubstep/Skrillex as much but some of it isn't too bad.

Metal, yes, it has lot of sub-genres though.

I like most Black metal, like my current cd pile next to my computer is like this (yes i know, i'n bit old fashioned listening cds):

Ihsahn (ex-emperor singer soloalbum)

Dark Funeral

Behemoth (more like death but anyway)

Hypocrisy

Troll (Norwegian black metal band)

Limbonic art

Gorgoroth

That's my current list of listening.

I voted Classical. I like the Baroque period instrumental Symphonies and Concertos. I do dislike when the Piano is substituted for the Harpsichord. I also like New Age and listening to Hindu Mantras and Chalisas, which are sung.

• 2 months later...

Well, my 1st choice isn't listed and I refuse to chock it up in the "Other?" category. Country....FTW!!! But I do listen to a lot of KISS. With a name like mine....Go Figure! But mainly I listen to good ol' Country music.

I was gonna say mine was Country too! I listen to a lot of music, but that's probably the one I listen to the most. I like pretty much all music, though I don't like a lot of Metal or Electronic or Rap. Some rap I do really like, but compared to a lot of other things... I just... Meh.

Country means a lot of different things too. And some people get real tetchy about what country is.

If you're going to include newgrass/oldtimey stuff like Old Crow Medicine Show, or the Hackensaw Boys, or the peerless Gillian Welch & David Rawlings then I'm all down with the country.

Ditto older 'rebel' country, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings etc I'm also all for. Willie is quite simply the Man. Absolute legend.

But the stream of manufactured straight out of Nashville stuff is intolerable, has been for decades.

I listen to rap, but I can't stand the new stuff.

I like Bone Thugs N Harmony, Del the funky Homosapien, Jedi Mind Tricks, Hot Boys, Juvenile, old Ludacris, tupac, biggie. You know, back when rap and hiphop was in its prime.

It was all downhill from Grandmaster Flash if you ask me. God I feel old reading this thread.

I picked electronica just because it's the closest thing to hellektro/aggrotech/emb/whatever name people want to add for it.

I also like industrial music, mostly the darker varieties, and I listen to some melodic metal.