Block detection

Junnari

I'm in a process of making a mod that adds a shield as a weapon (more details at http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3785790-off-the-wall-personal-mod-req-a-shield-a-patriotic-shield/) and I'm currently attempting to have it improve the DR/DT of the player in two ways: passively as long as it's equipped, and actively whilst blocking, allowing blocking to be used effectively against firearm wielding enemies. I've managed to have it increase the DT passively through using object effect that's added through weapon mod, however I haven't yet managed to implement the block detection condition for the 2nd part of the DT boost. I've found two condition functions that might be what I'm looking for, isBlocking and GetWantBlocking, yet I haven't managed to get these working, either because the parameter combinations I've tried haven't been correct, or because the functions don't work like they should.

Any ideas and suggestions on how I could get the weapon detect the blocking are welcome.

I can't find any example which would use blocking as condition for some effect amongst the existing weapons as none of the vanilla weapons seem to gain any additional effects from blocking, so there isn't really any weapon to copy it from.

Edited by Junnari

I can't find any example which would use blocking as condition for some effect amongst the existing weapons as none of the vanilla weapons seem to gain any additional effects from blocking, so there isn't really any weapon to copy it from.

What about unarmed? IIRC you can block if you're unarmed (if you can't then just disregard this entire post) There exists an unarmed "weapon" in the game files, with some functions to it, haven't checked for a block one though.

The block as action is enabled for the melee weapons by keywords, but the weapon forms themselves don't have it built into them. The unarmed default "weapon" is no different, only difference between it and other weapons is that it has no mod structure.

The block as action is enabled for the melee weapons by keywords, but the weapon forms themselves don't have it built into them. The unarmed default "weapon" is no different, only difference between it and other weapons is that it has no mod structure.

maybe its in the input? input right mouse triggers check if equipped = melee or some such?