Gene the dog seller

tomomi1922

I have been trying to find Gene to buy some dogs. But it is impossible to find him. I even tried to moveto 00194334 or 00194335 but that was not valid.

I know I can download a mod to craft a dog, but I am avoiding to do that when I am supposed to do that in game already.

Can anyone offer me a solution to find this Gene?

Try placeatme....

Being a random encounter, he's NOWHERE until the game decides to pop him.

But you CAN summon him.

Not sure if he will have his normal lines, but he should...

He probably wont, placeatme spawns a new copy of NPCs that isn't tied correctly into everything. Something I noticed from playing with Professor Feelsgood.

And ya, sadly because he sits in "VirtualLocation" until he spawns "moveto player" wont work...

Guess we could see how much of him would break by changing his location to a reachable area in FO4Edit :pirate:

Edited by lilkandeekid

Try placeatme....

Being a random encounter, he's NOWHERE until the game decides to pop him.

But you CAN summon him.

Not sure if he will have his normal lines, but he should...

He probably wont, placeatme spawns a new copy of NPCs that isn't tied correctly into everything. Something I noticed from playing with Professor Feelsgood.

And ya, sadly because he sits in "VirtualLocation" until he spawns "moveto player" wont work...

Guess we could see how much of him would break by changing his location to a reachable area in FO4Edit :pirate:

Exactly, this is why I didn;'t want to go with placeatme. And my test result shows the same. Gene just says "Yes?" and nothing else.

Exactly, this is why I didn;'t want to go with placeatme. And my test result shows the same. Gene just says "Yes?" and nothing else.

I suppose thats better then the Professor....All I could get from him was a "Groooovy"

Granted thats about all he says anyways :laugh:

But what was worth noting, is when he was spawned (vs moved) his terminal at the Co-Op didn't recognize him.

If that doesn't work, just fast travel somewhere, and then fast travel to the star-light(whatever it is) Drive-Inn...look directly behind you and there should be a bridge off to the right, underneath is where you have a chance for a special event to happen. If its not the dog seller, waypoint away again...wait maybe a minute or so, maybe run around for a bit and then proceed to waypoint back to the drive-inn and check again...rinse/repeat..