Morrowind theme

Lehcar

Dear god, the Morrowind theme is one of the most hypnotically beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. Is there any way to get into Oblivion to replace the dull default music? I have an MP3 file of the song. Edited by Lehcar

Well, you can actually transfer all your Morrowind music to Oblivion if you want, I don't think Bethesda would have a problem with music from one game in the series be copied into another game's music folder as long as you legally own both. :wink: The Oblivion music structure uses five folders - Battle, Dungeon, Explore, Public, and Special. If you want some overworld themes to play while outside and in towns and homes, you need to take that music and copy it into the Explore and Public folders; the rest should be pretty self-explanatory. However, to change things like the levelup and death music in the Special folder, you will need to copy the new files to where the files you wish to replace are, move the original somewhere where it won't be read, and rename the new music to match the name of the original piece of music you wish to replace.

For example, if you move Morrowind's title music into the Special folder, then you have to either move the original (tes4title) or rename it (ex. tes4titleDEFAULT). Then you have to rename Morrowind's title to tes4title. Thats how simple it is. For the other folders, you don't have to rename them to match. Only in the Special folder.

what subfolders?

The music subfolders are Dungeon, Explore, Battle, Public, and Special. Anything in the folders besides Special are played randomly.

I'm surprised the music (sub)folders aren't there by default. I thought the music was installed outside of the BSA for those 4 folders?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Music\Special. Replace the TES4Title with the music you want.

In case anyone is wondering, you can download the full Morrowind theme off the BethSoft site. Or is it ElderScrolls.com? I think they cleared it out for Skyrim. You just can't rehost it here.