"NV Game Stabilizer"

So why are we discussing this mod? Neg-rep/thumbs-down if it deserves such, (with the constructive comments, if you would.) And if it really does "break the game", then please report it with the specifics. (I can't tell, don't have FO3/FNV.)

Because one cannot neg-rep a mod one has not downloaded. I have no reason to download it since I don't have F:NV. So I can't verify one way or the other if the claims being made have any merit without seeing the plugin loaded into something like FNVEdit to verify what it's actually doing vs what's being claimed.

The claims themselves sound dubious at best. I don't know anything about how the supposed collision objects work in F:NV though so for all I know deleting them could actually be hugely successful.

I do know a similar mod was put up before this that claimed to do the exact same thing for FO3 and turned out to be entirely false. Because of the changes made, it could actually be damaging to the game if allowed to remain. I don't know if it's been uploaded here though.

Basically anytime someone claims an ESP can perform this sort of wizardry it should be strongly questioned. I've gone through the guy's comment thread already and some people HAVE raised concern only to be met with hostile reaction from the modder, which doesn't really cast it in a good light given the numerous reports that all it does is generate game crashes.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why are we discussing this mod? Neg-rep/thumbs-down if it deserves such, (with the constructive comments, if you would.) And if it really does "break the game", then please report it with the specifics. (I can't tell, don't have FO3/FNV.)

Because one cannot neg-rep a mod one has not downloaded. I have no reason to download it since I don't have F:NV. So I can't verify one way or the other if the claims being made have any merit without seeing the plugin loaded into something like FNVEdit to verify what it's actually doing vs what's being claimed.

The claims themselves sound dubious at best. I don't know anything about how the supposed collision objects work in F:NV though so for all I know deleting them could actually be hugely successful.

My opinion of the posts before moderators intervened was that the others were simply being mod snobs and aiming at the whole look at me I'm sooo great thing. I am not referring to you in regards of that Arthmoor your reply was quite different

But do we really need a 3rd party discussion in the forums to bash another modders work? I'm pretty sure that If started up a post here about how better cities fried my poor p4 machine you wouldnt appreciate it much, you may even respond with hostility if I were to post in your mods comments hey your better cities mod killed my pc.

I do agree with the mod sounding mallicious in nature, but if you cannot report a mod the report feature whats wrong with sending LHammonds, Bben or another forum mod a pm saying "hey look over this it dosnt seem cosher"

otherwise I can easily see these new boards turning into a flame fest, so becareful opening up that can of worms.

Edited by Aria C

Who's bashing his work? Certainly not me. I don't think it's a bad thing to raise questions about the intent of something based on the description provided. An awful lot of stuff makes wild claims in life that turn out to be entirely false, and potentially damaging. The description of what the mod claims to do sounds too good to be true, and common sense says that there's very little chance of one ESP being able to perform miracles.

If the guys' mod is dangerous, that should be called out whether it hurts his feeling or not. Since I can't verify this because I don't have F:NV I'm not in a position to even check. So why should I report it? I have nothing to back up a report with. If he releases one for Oblivion then I'll check it and report on that if necessary.

Also, you're right, I wouldn't appreciate you complaining to me about how BC fried your computer because that's not my mod and I couldn't do anything about it if I wanted to. I doubt Vorians or Ismelda would appreciate you complaining to me about it either :P

Who's bashing his work? Certainly not me. I don't think it's a bad thing to raise questions about the intent of something based on the description provided. An awful lot of stuff makes wild claims in life that turn out to be entirely false, and potentially damaging. The description of what the mod claims to do sounds too good to be true, and common sense says that there's very little chance of one ESP being able to perform miracles.

If the guys' mod is dangerous, that should be called out whether it hurts his feeling or not. Since I can't verify this because I don't have F:NV I'm not in a position to even check. So why should I report it? I have nothing to back up a report with. If he releases one for Oblivion then I'll check it and report on that if necessary.

Have a look at the threads title from the very start this was bashing someones work. as I said before I do agree with a lot of the points raised but I dont think these boards are the place to bring them up.

Also, you're right, I wouldn't appreciate you complaining to me about how BC fried your computer because that's not my mod

I fail at late night posting, mixed up bc with oc and apparently failed to see the very obvious correction staring me in face right there in your sig too.

I guess there must be something to the "Jake Plummer" reference I'm not getting.

I don't think the OP had hostile intent though, because what he observed was pretty much the truth for about the first 12 pages of the guy's comment thread. A whole lot of people reporting CTDs as a result of using it.

If these boards aren't the place to raise the issue, what is? Filing a bogus report with the staff doesn't seem like the correct course of action when one cannot even check the mod due to not having the game it applies to.

And to your point, yes, I knew you probably meant OC rather than BC. I get that a lot for some reason. I probably still wouldn't appreciate a complaint in the vein of "it blew up my PC" because there's no track record for it actually doing that. No mod does. I would hope the comparison your making was meant to be absurd and not serious, because this guy's mod isn't blowing up peoples' computers either. It is making their games fail when used, or at least it was when this thread was opened. The difference here, too, is that his mod is doing this when properly installed. Mine only seems to break when it's not properly installed :P

well, id like to get comfortable so ill try lighting this thread on fire to get a feel for you fine folks

what we're gonna do is get to the bottom of this s*** in a classy f***ing manner

please help yourself to some of my fine brahmin-ass-broth, it's good for your liver

here's what we will accomplish, hopefully (its a learning process, but good thing ill be the pack mule doing all of the work)

-what does the mod really do

-what does it alter and why

-what are ways to build upon this concept

-results/observations to any possible improvements/differences/medication during all of this

-after its all said and done, are the benefits if any at all, worth adopting and stacking on top of my own methods (which we'll eventually discuss if interested)

ill be dipped in brahmin s***, boy - this thing has more duplicates than a radroach whorin in a ghoul's portapotty

now that's just rude but you are CORRECT!

i started cleaning this up last night when i stumbled upon this thread, i've got it down to 17MB but there's still over ...s***, at least 8K dups..dupis..duplis...le' dupleecats, however reuploading the "thinstall" is probably against the pope's rules, so...uh...hi.

there -is- legitimate edits here though, so lets acknowledge that. there is close to a thousand non-duplicate overrides (so far) give or take, and i still have quite a few to go through, im probably going to merge this on with my own plugin so i can get to testing quicker, yeah thats what ill do

please shut your mouth, and tell us what does this actually edit?

well grumpy, it appears to change a lot of navmesh related ish, disabling some, replacing others, and interestingly enough, on CollisionMarker [sTAT:00000021] it adds a navigation filter flag...hmm..interesting, i want to test this NOW

so, give me between 30 minutes to 30 days and i'll post the results from my titty milkings.....

Stabilizers... we'll put their name to the test

ready your breakfast and eat hardy

tonight, we dine in underworld

i figured out a far less painful way to separate duplicates without having to molest the keyboard!

in fnvedit do

right click>apply filter>

make sure "multiple but no conflict" is checked in... and BAM pure glory, cleaning s*** up has never been more of an aphrodisiac!

Unfortunately, the mod author is not yet qualified for this section, (not quite enough downloads yet) But eventually will be. I expect him to become active in this thread and explain along with defending his mod.

well, im getting a faint scent of some dookie regarding the history/rapport of...whatever the hell i've stumbled into

rest assured BigBen, i'm giving this a run and will post objective results/etc, i'm here to help

if i may be so bold you could say its as if jake was here...well, you know, as far as being 'fair'

alright everyone strap your panties on tight cause its goin down in a minute ;]