Skyrim is getting dull.

dragonasaur

And spring 2017 will be a turning point when we will massively delete Skyrim from our hard drives, right?

Seriously, looking at F4 I have VERY bad feeling about TES6, as much as Skyrim itself is broken mess, I'm still very firm believer that Beth can do worse... much worse.

Hell no. Looking at Fallout 4, all I see is potential. It's an improvement in almost every way over Skyrim, even if some of its fantastic mechanics are underutilized (it's dialogue system for instance).

If Bethesda is able to even exercise half the potential the developments in Fallout 4 offer, in TES6, it'll be a fantastic game. It's been nothing but onward and upward since the s***-show that was Oblivion.

I agree, I can finally have my own farm and earn living that way, the quests are few but better, followers are also good-great and some of the quests like Nick and Danse, uss and big dig crush 60% of Skyrim side, faction, and main into ground and piss at them. Few, but better.

The map is also a boss and the improved lighting only makes it better. I have just fought ghouls in half sunken town overgrown with flora on the roofs. Let not forget combat vs anything not human is vastly different from each other and well done. There is a robot that has mode many types and each attack in the different way. Hope is not lost people. In a way, if fallout has 10 more side quests, it will kick Skyrim ass hard. It also more stable.

I cannot completely agree with quests and companions, but it seems like it tastes and perspectives, so, hard to judge objectively I guess. For me game pushed farther from RPG and closer to Shooter. Good thing about switch to x64 but optimization is godawful, especially considering visuals, which really look dated. Wolfenstein TNO still wins with its visual style along with optimiztaion and shooter mechanics over FO4 tenfold.

Feels like what you say about "potential" is the same thing all over: let's give raw program code to modders to make decent game out of it.

Beth policy ©

ROFL*

I cannot completely agree with quests and companions, but it seems like it tastes and perspectives, so, hard to judge objectively I guess. For me game pushed farther from RPG and closer to Shooter. Good thing about switch to x64 but optimization is godawful, especially considering visuals, which really look dated. Wolfenstein TNO still wins with its visual style along with optimiztaion and shooter mechanics over FO4 tenfold.

I agree, but wolf was not made buy the same peeps.

Beth is on a road of their own, isolated from other devs. I never expect great coding and writing from them at all. The only thing they boss at is map, level and music.

If they showed something like fine writing, I'm like "ohh." but that it. You don't expect much from them in the other parts. Like you buddy getting an C and you re amazed because he is an idiot. Waiting for fun quests is more logical when dealing with them.

With that said, did you guys hear? They seem to working on new, three big projects. TES an fallout peeps I mean.

Edited by Boombro

For me game pushed farther from RPG and closer to Shooter.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, i think both Fallout and TES have a great deal they can draw from Shooters to improve the overall experience.

Feels like what you say about "potential" is the same thing all over: let's give raw program code to modders to make decent game out of it.

Except, modders don't do that. Modders do what they want, and more often than not totally change systems to suit their fancy. They don't take the systems that already exist and push them to their limits. And in many cases, they can't, because they don't have the access to the core, underlying code.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, i think both Fallout and TES have a great deal they can draw from Shooters to improve the overall experience.

I agree, RPG doesn't need have swords and a human boss with 100349 HP points.

We can have throw-able weapons, no hud and UI, no level up (but something other to rank you.) etc

Beth games are okay-good-passable-decent already.

For me game pushed farther from RPG and closer to Shooter.

When you try to focus on two things that needs a lot of work done to be perfect or very good in its case, then you usually come up with both features on mediocre level at best. They have to finally understand WHAT is the focus of their game. If they are going for RPG part than actual shooting mechanics can be overlooked and vice-versa. Morrowind had incredibly bad and retarded combat system and overall gameplay, but game itself is brilliant, because it covers general aspects that this game suppose to focus on as a specific genre. Their FO games feels like brutal mutants when you can's say what it is exactly... Sad.

Except, modders don't do that. Modders do what they want, and more often than not totally change systems to suit their fancy. They don't take the systems that already exist and push them to their limits. And in many cases, they can't, because they don't have the access to the core, underlying code.

Wrong. USKP>USLEEP, SKYUI, SSME, ENBoost, even RNAD and SIC... plus many-many more.

There are TONS of mods that actually improve experience and fix vanilla game issues, those which built on undelivered or unfinished game features making them incredibly good, I can't list them all, because that would be a wall-o-text.

Just a small example, in FNV we had Hardcore Mode (IIRC), yes it was done poorly but feature was there, it improved my personal (and I believe some other players' too) experience tenfold. In Skyrim we have food, drinks, beds, but why? They have no purpose. Thanks to mods now they have. There are many examples like this. It really feels like raw program code, like giant empty space with tools and signpost which says: build your own game here.

If I could endorse Skyrim as whole, 20% would go to Beth (for tools lol) and 80% to modders with help from whom I actually can play stable, smooth game with 100% features working as they should, delivering me fantastic experience and fun. Ridiculous, eh?

Edited by Signette

I have seen many games with mixed genres that did very well on the two.

Why there is bed and food? They are healing factors in the game and have been used as such in many genres since the 80s, I recall using a bed in FF in my gameboy.

Survival based gameplay is wanted okay, but it hardly a legit game flow.

And no, that is not hard code. And modders still need more than tools, they need the whole base game, scripts, meshes, textures, weather list, keywords and base landscape. And that hardly touching anything.

And wait, features working as they should? Do you have something buggy? I have played many other games for far longer than TES. And imo, beth people are so used to mods it so odd.

Edited by Boombro

Well, there's trying your own hand at modding.

or PerMa, ERSO if you can find it, ACE, Sperg, Ordinatar(sp?)

I have a personal .bat that starts me with no spells, zero in all skills, and only 50 each in the three stats. Then I can grow organically as I choose

Have fun getting the "requirements for the mage college" mod, and set it so you must have a min 40 in one school with 200 magicka before you can become a student. Add in "Tomes - immersive spell learning" but with a twist; instead of the author's set-up (restricted learning the novice, but then can learn any after that school is unlocked) use the reverse: you can use any novice spell just by reading the book, but you cant learn the higher level spells until you unlock the perk.

There are several Vigilant of Stendar, Forsworn, and other dlc-sized questlines now, created by talented modders.

Heck, if you want full-on crazy (i did this once for laughs) download all the "my little pony" on the nexus, and play a few hours of that. There are several youtube videos of "skyrim hell" where the vlogger asks for submissions to mod out his game, and then plays. Try that.

Between the game itself and the 40K+ mods, if Skyrim is getting "boring", you simply arent exploring enough.

why does Requiem get no mention? lol. I feel it should be a lot more popular than it is. Its a complete overhaul and done very well in my opinion. I wont use anything else now.

Ways to keep skyrim interesting. Overhauls such as Requiem. New lands mods, new questlines, new character builds, and maybe different themes for skyrims landscape, mods where you arent dragonborn (personal favorite of mine) I HATE my character seeming to be the chosen one for EVERYTHING. every guild you join your all of a sudden exceptionally talented and almost immediately leader of the guild. So i use mods that change this and dont join guilds that dont fit my character.

If youve done all that or none of that interests you then move on to something else for awhile.

Edited by ironbender800

Man, it's 5 years. Just take a break, try something else. Here, I don't know your personal taste about VG. I can suggest you to try the "Souls series", trasting from the first, the Prepare to Die Edition.

Also, the Fallout Classic Collection, Divinity: Original Sin, Maunt&Blade: Warband, Borderlands 1/2 GOTY, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

Man, it's 5 years. Just take a break, try something else. Here, I don't know your personal taste about VG. I can suggest you to try the "Souls series", trasting from the first, the Prepare to Die Edition.

Also, the Fallout Classic Collection, Divinity: Original Sin, Maunt&Blade: Warband, Borderlands 1/2 GOTY, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

I have to disagree about old fallouts, while good Crpgs. The writing is horrible in many places when I looked up a gameplay run in YouTube (I don't like old CRPGs gameplay.) They also have many 4th wall breaking.

But here my pick:

Darkest if you hate yourself, it even harder than dark souls. Grim dawn, a great time sinker and game, long dark for pure frostfall fans, trails in the sky for JRPGs, metro and BioShock expect the last BioShock, dragon age expect the last one, warframe and maybe dishonor.