Question about F4SE: Need to update game?

Klipperken

So, I made Steam not automatically update my FO4, since I believe that when a game works, they should leave it alone.

I saw posts on how the new patch killed off mods, and introduced new bugs, while some other aren't fixed at all.

Not quite sure on what to believe in that regard (save for the mods being killed off: too many a post in that direction), I am not yet upgrading FO4.

Now, I found this DLL which allows you to build everywhere (which would be AWESOME for that spot I found, with black marble flooring, a huge fire near the staircase, all in all an awesome place, but trying to put anything on the floor just won't work: everything falls straight through it).

This DLL needs F4SE, but trying to fire this up... it tells me to "update or piss off", basically...

Older versions of this too refuses to fire up on my current version.

Is there a way to overcome this annoyance?

I REALLY am not keen on upgrading just yet...

Thank you.

Compatibility:

F4SE will support the latest version of Fallout available on Steam, and _only_ this version. When a new version is released, we'll update as soon as possible: please be patient. Don't email asking when the update will be ready; we already know the new version is out. The editor does not currently need modification, however when available a custom set of .pex/psc files must be installed.

0.1.5 is compatible with runtime 1.3.47. You can ignore any part of the version number after those components; they're not relevant for compatibility purposes.

Source: http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Edited by wax2k

No, you either want to keep Fallout unpatched and won't be able to use F4SE or you want to use F4SE and will have to patch Fallout to the latest retail patch. One or the other.

And: yes, you might have to deal with some issues when upgrading. These mainly aren't bugs of the update, they are new incompatibilities of mods (but most mods meanwhile will provide updates as well if necessary) and issues due to the update trying to disable mods (once again). As long as you look out for updates to your mods as well and make your plugins.txt read-only and only launch the game directly from an updated NMM and not from Steam or the Fallout launcher, you should be good to go.

And just in case that your "patch angst" has something to do with not using a legit game version: F4SE is said to not work with such versions anyways, so in that case don't bother trying and read the Nexus TOS ;)

Edited by wax2k

Well nice, but if what I read is correct, mods will be deactivated, and thus I will no longer have need for the place anywhere dll.

I got that one because I have mods, however, I believe it's not Mods causing this...
One was not meant to build in locations like that one, originally.

Collision is not a thing that changes with different places, it's the same everywhere. So whether you were meant to build in some place or not has 0 significance to how objects collide with floor/ground.

Sorry, a bit after my last post I had a massive seizure.

Well, Sir, that's not the point, I read your post, but it does not make sense to me.

Do I need to upgrade my game to whatever needed version, or?

And which version would that be?

Point still is, I really do not feel like upgrading my game.

It is JUST as I want it, and I'd like to keep it this way.

Of course, if I have no alternative option, I guess upgrading my game is what I shall do... :(

Edited by Klipperken

• 3 years later...

lol bruh "i dont want to update" thats bs lol, ik im a few years late guys, but this mans here, at the time of his question had not even bought fallout 4, incase you dont know version 1.3.22.0 is pretty much all the version cracked versions of fallout 4 is. so this mans right here, didnt update the game because he didnt want to, but because he really couldnt. lmao