Really good mod idea

thefoxisamsome

Actually can you help me with a really simple problem? For testing purposes is there a way of getting the model using these textures into the game easily? There should be a simple way of doing it, but I'm tired and haven't been able to think of it. I know it's going to be ridiculously simple though and I'll kick myself when I find out.

Can I console spawn the computer terminal model?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itd probably be easier to use nifskope, plus you can see the results instantly.

• Open "TerminalConsoleOn.nif" found in meshes\furniture\terminals
  • Delete the material reference under the BSLightingShaderProperty's (should be at 21 and 24)
  • Change the _d.dds texture in BSShaderTextureSet under the BSLightingShaderProperty to the custom one

Then when you save your changes to the .dds, click on the nifskope render window and it should update with the changes.

As for placing one ingame, try "player.placeatme 710D5" but make sure youre on a flat surface...and it probably will still spawn at an odd angle lol. Its a default terminal that uses the model and should work.

Thanks, wish I'd learned how to do that a week ago. So much easier than loading up the game, exiting, changing a few pixels and going back into the game to see how it worked out.

(I'm a total noob at 3d modelling and don't really know how to use Nifskope very well either).

So, I'm working on the designs now. I'll let you know as I make some more progress and have something to show.

No worries, not in any rush.

Need to work on required materials to make them. Was thinking about requiring the holotape since they're created with one in it and you can eject it....probably even give one back when scrapped if its in the cobj haha.

Currently have them under the Power\Misc category in settlement crafting menu, with 1 power required to function.

It's not quite finished yet, there's still a lot of fine-tuning to go. I'm a bit too tired to finish it off tonight. However here's the current WIP.

http://i.imgsafe.org/10bb4a0.jpg

(The textures are folded a little strangely for these since I think it's meant to be able to fit multiple sizes, I can get it fitting properly but it's not as easy as normal).

Replacing the keyboard is really easy, was waiting till I can make matching animations for it.

Right now the settlers use the keyboard animation so it looks like they're playing it :laugh:

And I feel worse for the settlers....Oh youre being raided?? Well so is my high score so youre on your own with that one.

Edited by lilkandeekid