Really good mod idea

thefoxisamsome

Would that be a problem if we're using the same model with a new unwrap? The 3d shape should be the same, would the collision and animations still line up correctly?

No thatd be fine, just have to make a quick custom .nif from it after. Super easy compared to the loss of sanity from working with that mess of texture compression :wacko:

Edited by lilkandeekid

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be a problem if we're using the same model with a new unwrap? The 3d shape should be the same, would the collision and animations still line up correctly?

No thatd be fine, just have to make a quick custom .nif from it after. Super easy compared to the loss of sanity from working with that mess of texture compression :wacko:

Great. Teambacon kindly offered to unwrap it and make a new texture map to work with, I've just sent him the files.

I need a bit of a rest though, since I've just started coming down with the flu (Yay! Fun!) but I'll get back to it after a bit of a nap. This should go so much faster with a fresh clean map to work with. Plus I'll be able to be much more creative with the design if I don't have to worry about parts of the texture being duplicated and applied elsewhere on the model.

Yeah, it's so much easier working with this unwrap. I couldn't resist having things in the design joining up between the sides just because of how easy it was all of a sudden.

Speaking of cleaner, I also wasn't sure how much of an old and damaged look we wanted to give the machines. I started out with a perfectly clean machine, since that's the easiest starting point to work from but I'm not sure how much wear and tear to add on.

Yeah, it's so much easier working with this unwrap. I couldn't resist having things in the design joining up between the sides just because of how easy it was all of a sudden.

Speaking of cleaner, I also wasn't sure how much of an old and damaged look we wanted to give the machines. I started out with a perfectly clean machine, since that's the easiest starting point to work from but I'm not sure how much wear and tear to add on.

And I didn't even bother stitching the sides to the front, which is what I would normally do, except the mesh being triangulated makes it a bit annoying to work with. Also, keeping it separate allows for a bit better use of the resolution.

Could someone make a mod to allow a mine shaft or maybe a cave entrance in a settlement to be placed. You could then assign a settler to it (maybe more than one to increase efficiency) and they would then mine for different resources(gold,silver,copper aluminium...etc) randomly ( odds of getting certain resources could be biased on they value and /or rarity of each). I do not really have any modding experience but thought this would make a really good mod.

Yeah there are 5, Red Menace, Zeta Invaders, Grognak, Atomic Command and Pipfall.

And I didn't even bother stitching the sides to the front, which is what I would normally do, except the mesh being triangulated makes it a bit annoying to work with. Also, keeping it separate allows for a bit better use of the resolution.

Stitching it together wasn't even necessary, since I was now working with clean straight lines it was just a simple matter of cutting and pasting along those edges in Photoshop. Took maybe a minute or so to get everything lined up.

(Although I've just noticed about a 1 pixel misalignment that I'm going to have to fix that was right in my face the whole time, whoops, oh well it's an easy fix).