About Lycanthropy

hejpadig

A few folks on the Nexus, nothing concrete. That said-judging by the snout, and the ears, it MAY be a lycan, but after some of the at times poorly thought out conspiracy threads about skyrim so far, I wouldn't bet my moustache on it. Idealy we'l;l see polymorphing from Vanilla here. I loved the polymorph spells in WoW, they were great fun, and I think they'd fit neatly into Elder Scrolls. I mean, in the Lore there's mention of polymorph-certainly of mages and daedra turning one object into another object, a spell to turn yourself into a tiger surely isnt too out of the question, or so I hope.

And yeah, WoW, I dont care how many people hate it, it was a fine game in it's day, and while it's currently very fashionable to say you hate it, it's still a game I have a great deal of respect for, from both a gamer's perspective, and a writer's.

That's exactly what I thought, because it doesn't even look like a lycan, I mean, judging by how it almost seems like it'd have a gorilla-like stance, due it's large arms, it doesn't seem like a lycan at all.

As for polymorphing, hell the freak YES!! It'd be nice to change into a wolf, a bird, or some other creature! They need to take a lesson from the druid mod and Midas Magic mod, those two had pretty nice polymorph spells.

As far as WoW goes, I can't say much about it, I've never played it, but I don't like the way the dragons look. Some of them look weird, or exaggerated. I prefer Skyrim's dragons any day, from the screenshots, they look like they've made them much more akin to the Western dragon, though I'd love to see an Eastern dragon, possibly from Akavir, or some such.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few folks on the Nexus, nothing concrete. That said-judging by the snout, and the ears, it MAY be a lycan, but after some of the at times poorly thought out conspiracy threads about skyrim so far, I wouldn't bet my moustache on it. Idealy we'l;l see polymorphing from Vanilla here. I loved the polymorph spells in WoW, they were great fun, and I think they'd fit neatly into Elder Scrolls. I mean, in the Lore there's mention of polymorph-certainly of mages and daedra turning one object into another object, a spell to turn yourself into a tiger surely isnt too out of the question, or so I hope.

And yeah, WoW, I dont care how many people hate it, it was a fine game in it's day, and while it's currently very fashionable to say you hate it, it's still a game I have a great deal of respect for, from both a gamer's perspective, and a writer's.

That's exactly what I thought, because it doesn't even look like a lycan, I mean, judging by how it almost seems like it'd have a gorilla-like stance, due it's large arms, it doesn't seem like a lycan at all.

As for polymorphing, hell the freak YES!! It'd be nice to change into a wolf, a bird, or some other creature! They need to take a lesson from the druid mod and Midas Magic mod, those two had pretty nice polymorph spells.

As far as WoW goes, I can't say much about it, I've never played it, but I don't like the way the dragons look. Some of them look weird, or exaggerated. I prefer Skyrim's dragons any day, from the screenshots, they look like they've made them much more akin to the Western dragon, though I'd love to see an Eastern dragon, possibly from Akavir, or some such.

It's not a serious game, far too many people go in expecting it to be some epic fantasy realm about swords and sorcery, and it is, but it's also got a sense of humor that permeates everything. Logging into WoW and setting foot to ground in places like Orgrimmar or The Undercity instantly gives you a sense of history, I always feel like Im one of thousands of people who've walked over THAT bridge or through THAT gate, it's like being in a really old real-world citty, it's got a sense of history and heritage, and it's the first game I've ever played to really feel like that. Walking down DarkShore feels like a ritual, not a grind, because millions have walked down it over the last few years-WoW's an old game, and that's why it appeals to me, likewise Atlas Park in CoH and EVE's many monuments, like Chribba's Titan(ftnt1).

As for the... thing, whatever it is, a bunch of people claimed it was a lycanthrope-I didnt get a proper look, but I guess we;ll find out once we've all greedily ripped the game out of it's box and stuffed it into our ravening discdrives. If polymorphing's a go, what would you morph?

FOOTNOTE: 1: In EVE Online the largest starship a player can pilot is a Titan, more than ten miles long, Titans are vast expressions of power, used to pulverise stationary structures a la a BattleShip during WWII. Initialy, a player could fly their Titan anywhere, from the vast unrestricted free PVP wilderness regions of Nullsec, even into the marginaly safer Highsec(where PVP is still free, but you lose your ship after a timer runs out, restricting it to the brave, bold, skilled, or insane) However Titans in highsec was deemed to be putting too much power in the hands of the few billionaire players who could own them, so a nerf restricted them to Nullsec. A single Titan remains, stranded forever in the Luminaire system, and while officialy it's their as part of the storyline of Luminaire, and it's war with New Caldari, player scuttlebutt has it that it belonged to the influential and filthy rich player Chribba.

Howard said that they were messing with the whole idea of lycanthropy/vampirism etc. Most of you already know that. I'm certain that they chose their trailerclips very carefully, and if it would've been a werewolf in that trailer, they would most certainly have confirmed it.

It is most likely not a werewolf.

The creature in the trailer is a troll, not a werewolf.

They are still messing with how werewolves should look, and if they should be in the game at all, so they wouldn't show it yet, and most likely, they couldn't have shown it yet, as it's not done. ;)

But yes, I want werewolves that walks on two legs, but runs & sprints on four! :)

I also want bipedal werewolves that run on four legs and fight and walk on two.Just turning into a regular wolf doesn't sound interesting to me, wolves exist in reality, I want to be and fight fantastical creatures, not just plain old wolves.But honestly, a werewolf fighting a dragon?Is the world really ready for that much awesomeness?

Hello fellow adventurers.

I've really been thinking about the whole lycanthropy part of Skyrim, if it will be included, of course. I really didn't like the werewolves in Blood Moon. I think they didn't really look that well, it was a long time ago, but still. I'd like Bethesda to make them pretty much like normal wolves, but bigger. (running on all fours, etc.)

Am I the only one with this concept or do you share my thoughts concerning this subject?

I want to be the Van Helsing type of werewolf! Those are the most badass kind. Although the Van Helsing werewolves didn't have a tail. Add a tail and I'm sold!

Werewolves should be quadpedal but able to stand on two legs for a limited time. Somewhat like this one:

(Image found on google)

http://www.hzeeland.nl/~sipi0002/WereWolf.jpg

I totally agree with you!

Works for me: if it looks eve half like that, I'd play as one, but I think they should look more wolf than man, or else you may aswell just draw fur on an Imperial.