Intense troubles with FCOM

kiakro

Surprisingly, I got it installed in one clean shot. I never installed it before (was too intimidated), and here it is now, working just fine. I just followed the instructions on this page literally, as in to the letter, though I do feel bad that I don't have the latest versions of stuff, particularly WarCry.

However there's some things they forgot to mention, which . For example, the MMM 3.7 beta patch that they link doesn't actually have "meshes", "sound" and "textures" folders to put into your data folder. It comes with a big BSA file that comes separate from the patched .esp files that all come together in an archive. You have to make sure you download and install that properly, otherwise that could definitely cause a CTD or at least some errors (Oblivion seems to like crashing when you're missing a lot of resources).

That's pretty much all I can think of right now. Logically speaking your game should be working, unless you missed some files here and there (the other files, not the ESP and ESM files, because your load order seems to be right). Also, have you tried running Oblivion without anything? It may be crashing because of something completely unrelated to Oblivion. Bad sector, corrupted or otherwise incorrect drivers, or something lol. I dunno, just thinking out loud. Anything might help you at this point.

Surprisingly, I got it installed in one clean shot. I never installed it before (was too intimidated), and here it is now, working just fine. I just followed the instructions on this page literally, as in to the letter, though I do feel bad that I don't have the latest versions of stuff, particularly WarCry.

However there's some things they forgot to mention, which . For example, the MMM 3.7 beta patch that they link doesn't actually have "meshes", "sound" and "textures" folders to put into your data folder. It comes with a big BSA file that comes separate from the patched .esp files that all come together in an archive. You have to make sure you download and install that properly, otherwise that could definitely cause a CTD or at least some errors (Oblivion seems to like crashing when you're missing a lot of resources).

That's pretty much all I can think of right now. Logically speaking your game should be working, unless you missed some files here and there (the other files, not the ESP and ESM files, because your load order seems to be right). Also, have you tried running Oblivion without anything? It may be crashing because of something completely unrelated to Oblivion. Bad sector, corrupted or otherwise incorrect drivers, or something lol. I dunno, just thinking out loud. Anything might help you at this point.

Looking through that guide things make a ton more sense now...however this mod still looks like hell to use. I wish someday someone would just make this an easy omod lol

Take a bit of a vacation. Go kill some more bad guys in the capitol wasteland.... Then, nuke your current install, and start from scratch. Here is another guide(this one by TomLong.....) that hopefully has less extraneous 'stuff'. I think this one is pretty up to date......

Be sure to delete the install folder, and the one in my games after uninstalling.

Hey thanks for that link. I'll see if I can install that one (so I have a more up-to-date version). :D

@kiakro:

I'll let you know if the installation instructions in that new link work for me. I'll also post what steps I did, if I get it to work. So you can hopefully learn from it too. :D

Alright dude, I got a report for you! As a fellow noob to FCOM and Wrye Bash (I only just now learned to do BAIN installation), I am very pleased to report that the link that was posted earlier absolutely works without any bugs whatsoever. I simply followed the instructions to the letter. Well, I noticed there was a mistake in one of the instructions, but it doesn't take a genius to do the guesswork to fill it in and do it correctly.

Hopefully by now you already know a little bit about using Wrye Bash. If not, the same website has some basic instructions on how to do stuff anyway. I only learned to make BAIN packages by following the guide, in fact. If you don't wanna use BAIN, there's instructions for OMOD too, but I was feeling like learning something new so I went the BAIN direction. I can't help you with the OMOD installation (I imagine if the scripts are written properly, it could be easier), but I can definitely verify the BAIN installation works like a charm.

Just follow the instructions on the website. Here's some minor corrections and clarifications:

* You don't need to use the recommended BSA's/resources if you don't want to (for example, you've already downloaded the original version and don't want to have to redownload). Just make sure you include them in the package for BAIN or OMOD properly. I didn't use the optimized meshes because I was lazy to download them (and was excited to see if I could get FCOM running), but I'm sure I can just patch those at a later time.

* The Oblivion WarCry EV BSA linked in that website seems to be broken. Not that it's a broken link, but the file server wasn't working for me. I tried 6 hours in between and the connection kept timing out. So I just used the regular WarCry BSA.

* In this page, the author makes a mistake under the OOO 1.33 - Convert section and says "(step) 14. Move the plugins from the "Other Options" folder into the correct folders:"

By this point, the "Other Options" folder is empty, because step 13 is you creating that folder. What the author meant was "Options Only for LITE" folder. Make sure you copy the files properly.

That's all. After that, I followed the guide as closely as I could, especially the relative installation order. Reordered with BOSS, rebuilt Bashed Patch, played the game. Remember, this was a fresh Oblivion install, and the only unrelated mod other than the unofficial patches and the DLCs I had so far was the weOCPS (crash prevention system) because I didn't like the CTD on exit that happened all the time even in straight vanilla.

Play testing: I wandered around IC for a bit, and first thing I noticed was that there were female guards, and they pretty much had varied equipment, which means it seems to be working. I went around a few different dungeons and saw different monsters that I know aren't in vanilla, and some of the bandits had some unique-looking weapons. :D I didn't get to see any interesting armors on bandits yet, but that's maybe cuz I was running around with a level 1 character just to see if the mods installed properly.

So yeah, it works. I hope you get it to work too. I'll be happy to lend a hand if you still can't get it to work from these instructions.